Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - View Single Post - Special Idle Surging Issue
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
96matteggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
Does it start doing it after the car warms up? If so, you have a faulty IACV or the wiring. You mentioned that the IACV had already been replaced. I've been on the same boat where the IACV that I purchased used was also bad, and the problem persisted until I installed a brand new IACV. Also, I had a similar issue about 20 years ago with my 96 GSR. Actual ECU was the culprit at that time.
It’s a brand new IACV. Straight out of the box. The surging, however, happens no matter what. Start the engine and it will idle high for maybe 10-30 seconds and then start surging. Drive normal and it’s fine. Take it out of gear and it will keep surging. When I unplug the IACV while it’s warmer then it will just die. I went ahead got a new throttle position sensor and installed it today and cleaned the whole throttle body as well as getting a new gasket (found out old gasket is absolutely f****d lol). I haven’t bolted it up yet but I’m hoping it will help. I keep getting told there might be a bad leak. Next is either the intake or exhaust manifold gasket because one of those might be bad as well, probably both

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome