Team Integra Forums banner

96 gsr

751 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  chaos_reigns_01 
#1 ·
Whats up guys I need help. My 96 gsr will sit in the driveway for about 2 days and when I pull in with my other car I notice that the brakelights are stuck on? If I got the brake pedal it goes off. Does anyone know what will cause the brakelights to come on all by themselves? Any info is appreciated.

#4 ·
My guess is the brake light switch at the pedal

Replacing the switch on my 95 GSR was a bit of work. Have to remove the wire clip before unscrewing the switch. These's a nut welded to the pedal that cannot be removed, so the nut on the switch tread must be loosened before the switch can be backed out of the nut welded to the pedal. Search the forum for pics and details of this switch fix.

#5 ·
Replacing the switch on my 95 GSR was a bit of work. Have to remove the wire clip before unscrewing the switch. These's a nut welded to the pedal that cannot be removed, so the nut on the switch tread must be loosened before the switch can be backed out of the nut welded to the pedal. Search the forum for pics and details of this switch fix.
i agree, that switch is terrible. i replaced mine while i have my dashboard out just because it was so easy to access. with my luck, it would go bad once everything is back in.

Good luck OP!

#6 ·
The rubber thingy on the brake pedal probably broke off. Our 94 did that in November. It was a pain in the ass to put the new one in, just because of the contortion involved.

Reactions: Calvin_DC4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.