Join Date: Aug 2011
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would recommend the following:
1. Injectors up to 750cc.
2. oem double valve springs on the exhaust side (to match intake side), 3. oem retainers.
4. Stage 3 minimum.
5. Steel flywheel (my preference).
6. You won't need adjustable cam gears
7. Heard folks say oem fpr works fine.
8. oem tb is all you need
9. you can get away with a 3-bar map sensor
10. ebay fuel pump may cost you more than you think if it fails during WOT. Suggest getting fuel pump from an authorized dealer (even if its from ebay).
11. oem head gasket would be fine too
You'll also need a known brand turbine, ebay intercooler, charge pipes (2.5" max.), a known brand air filter, tap your oil pan for the turbo oil return, 2.25" I.D. downpipe (min), test pipe, 1.5" dumptube, external wastegate (I prefer), one step colder spark plugs, oil feed line for the turbo (with adequate size restrictor depending on the turbo: ball bearings vs. journal bearings), oil return line w/flange, vacuum/boost gauge (recommended), oil pressure gauge (recommended), blow off valve (get a loud one).
I may be missing a few things. Goodluck!