So this is around the time that I started to get more serious with fixing the paintwork.
Went to town on her with a DA and some 400 grit, sprayed some rattlecan primer on wherever went to bare metal, as I wasn't sure how long it was gonna be until I was able to actually put paint on it.
It drove like this for a while before I hit it with some rattlecan black primer to try and get it mostly one color.
Here's a fun one. This is the day I went to the interview for my current job. Had to swear up and down that it is reliable, just ugly lol.
I enrolled in a local votech for automotive collision repair about two months before this. I decided that I enjoyed doing this stuff enough that I would give a shot at doing it for a living. Busted ass for a while to show the instructor that I was serious, and get him to trust me enough to do my own thing, and the project picked up speed fast.
I started with shaving the front bumper, ditching the emblem and license plate bracket, priming the whole front end and doing a ton of sanding to get it smooth and looking good.
Hit the doors as well, and then thew some color and clear on the front end.
A bit after that I started on the back half, got it primered and guide coated
So. Much. Sanding.
I also put it up on our frame machine to pull the rear arches so that the rear wheels/tires would fit a bit better. I have a picture somewhere, but I would really have to dig for it.
And in the booth it goes.
Next post will be the paint, and where it has gone since the first paintjob, spoiler, it currently (a little over a year later) looks like this: