Project Oji-san: the lost love - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey TI!

It's been a while, I got a new name (not by choice) and met this Oji-san along the way. Hoping he'll be cool partner in life.

Well hears the start of an interesting tale, which hopefully doesn't end with same fate as my last companion.

Why do you even need paint

clean interior

Only a 104k, don't let this oji-san fool you, he's got plenty of years ahead.

Previously: mr2lickit (lost account)

Cars:
2000 Integra GSR - Stolen
1995 Integra RS

Last edited by deesautohouse; 09-24-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Here's a shout out to my old partner. Probably won't be going authentic parts this time around, they are to expensive lol. I can't believe the prices now.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:27 PM

Keep posting the progress. What happened to your previous Integra, if you don't mind me asking?

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
Keep posting the progress. What happened to your previous Integra, if you don't mind me asking?
It was stolen while I was in a lab at college. Literally gone for only 30 mins and like magic it was all gone.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

So not the most exciting post, but I bought these eBay floor mats and figured I'd show them off in case someone else was eyeing them.The fitment is actually perfect, but the color was a bit lighter grey than I was hoping. Maybe I should have just bought the cheaper black ones.

5 piece set

No mats

With mats

Here's a pic of the back
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your car. Back in 2003 my 1998 GSR was stolen over night from the parking lot. I literally dumped all my money in it before that happened. $12,000 cash was all gone since I didn't carry theft coverage through my insurance provider. The car was recovered the next day. Everything was missing (engine, transmission, pedals, calipers, ECU, speakers, seats, door panels, exhaust, wheels, brake rotors, shift linkage etc.). The car's exterior was vandalized with screw driver and a hammer. I purchased interior and wheels, to make the car look more complete, then sold it for $2,200 on Craigslist. So I feel your pain like no one else.

Regarding your last post. I had previously used Ebay floor mats. The problem with them is the rubber side tends to harden, crack. The front liners tend to move around a lot, often working their way up towards the dash board.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. Back in 2003 my 1998 GSR was stolen over night from the parking lot. I literally dumped all my money in it before that happened. $12,000 cash was all gone since I didn't carry theft coverage through my insurance provider. The car was recovered the next day. Everything was missing (engine, transmission, pedals, calipers, ECU, speakers, seats, door panels, exhaust, wheels, brake rotors, shift linkage etc.). The car's exterior was vandalized with screw driver and a hammer. I purchased interior and wheels, to make the car look more complete, then sold it for $2,200 on Craigslist. So I feel your pain like no one else.

Regarding your last post. I had previously used Ebay floor mats. The problem with them is the rubber side tends to harden, crack. The front liners tend to move around a lot, often working their way up towards the dash board.
Oh man your story is almost the same as mine. They found it within 12 hours of the time I reported it. It was on the side of the road about 6 miles from where it was stolen and not much was left, it had 3 spares to role it (off a trailer I'm sure) with 2x4 for suspension. The only thing left on the car was the dash, which was sprayed with WD-40 to hide finger prints and the rear optional valances (which I sold). They even took the fucken glass if I remember. I couldn't even take a picture of the car bc it was so pathetic. The worst part is the partial sponsorship I got from Skunk2 right before it was stolen and I had just installed like 2-3k worth of parts on it. I was not in a good mind set for a while, but now that these cars are less popular it's very therapeutic (for me) to own another one.

Last edited by deesautohouse; 09-26-2018 at 03:29 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

So I'm excited today! Finally got my new tires mounted and balanced on some sweet OZ Crono HT wheels. I saw these wheels randomly on offerup like 2-3 months ago for just $200!!!! The pictures were horrible and made the wheels look like total shit, so I could see why they were still available after 2-3 months. But I'm a hustler and I'll take the risk if the deal seems worth it :P.

Also got some Extreme summer tires with a road force balance. FYI, this was the first time I heard about Road Force balancing, but it's very popular with higher end cars that come with low profile tires. They spin the tire on the wheel for initial balance which allows for less weights and grade the wheels for vibration. The wheel with the most vibration gets put furthest from the driver.

Last edited by deesautohouse; 10-06-2018 at 03:37 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Meeeh been a while so I figured I'd make an update. Won't lie the Florida heat has been making it real hard to work on my car lol. So instead I was using it as my truck so I could finish remodeling my bedroom :P

Here are the before and after of bedroom that my little integra made possible.

Before:

Progress:

Finished:

Seriously, the integra is such a versatile car. I love it sooooo much..... Ok I promise I won't show any more pics of my integra hauling stuff for a little bit lol.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

So I did manage to get a few things done, one issue I had since I purchased the car, was my wheel bearing going bad, so I went ahead and replaced that.

Took off my front knuckle:

Knocked out the bearing, managed to do everything without a press.... YEA FOR REDNECK MECHANICS!

Reaplacing the ball joint as well:

Installing new spindle

New ball joint too

Yea done!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

So catching up on my updates. The past 2-3 weeks have been dedicated to the integra, so stay tuned for lots of recent posts.

So I've been trying to get Oji-san healthy again and I noticed he's having a hard time controlling himself and has a few leaks.

I decided to replace the transmission axle seal and shifter rod seal before replacing the transmission fluid.

Started with draining the old fluid. The fluid was much more cleaner than expected and I had a good amount left.

Magically took off the axle and old seal and getting ready to put in the new one.

I hit around the edge of the new seal until is was flush with the transmission housing. You don't want to hit it deeper in.

Comparison of both transmission axle seals. The left seal is the passenger side and the right one is the driver side.

The final and third seal to the transmission is the shifter rod seal. It's a major pain to remove.

Got everything removed and started knocking in the new one with a large socket. Not much space to move under the car.

If you didn't know you can replace the fluid of your transmission from the top. You just remove that little rubber cap and pour inside.

With the funnel in place, I'm just watching the drain plug until fluid starts coming out. This is a lot easier than having to pump in the oil manually from below.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page