New GSR owner (potential track build) - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
'_'

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPEARLDC2 View Post
Did you get another Integra? Does that mean this thing will have track duty or street duty?

Looks like you race at buttonwillow?
I picked up a Miata a few months ago, which is serving as the daily at the moment. It pretty much has the same mods as the Integra right now (RPF1's/RSR's, Full Carbotech brake kit, Tein Flex Z, Hard dog roll bar). I'm not quite ready to strip out the interior of either, so they're pretty much serving as street/partial track cars at the moment.

As of now, I have yet to track these cars. I've only tracked my Camry at Streets of Willow CCW, Autoclub Speedway (Infield and roval), and Big Willow.

9/26/15 Update: Since I last took those two photos, I dropped the ride height down .5", and I dialed in about .4" of forward rake. I had an alignment done, so the front sits at -2.5 front camber and 0 toe. The rear is at -1.5 camber with .05 of toe (maxed out). I didn't realize this, but I guess I will need aftermarket tie rods to increase the toe adjustment range. Anyways, I'll need to do a quick shakedown run tonight and see how the car handles (I don't expect it to be all that great, but hopefully it's not too bad).

drmix and JDMJNKY like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Nice GSR, how did the suspension and alignment changes work out for you?

Any plans on a larger anti-roll bar in the rear?
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
JDR

[QUOTE='_';3156130]Thanks for the welcome. I'm willing to spend a considerable amount for decent suspension components, wheels, and tires (the important functional mods). I'd like to stay away from brands like Skunk2, Megan, etc. To give a ballpark estimate, I'd be willing to spend up to $1,500 or so on a decent coilover setup. I think $1,500 could get me a lightweight set of wheels and RSR's.

My question is why would you not consider Skunk 2 parts and you cant put megan in the same category as SKUNK not even close. Have you ever bought or had experience with Skunk I have been running skunk parts since early 2005 and I am currently using all skunk parts in my current build I guess you can say im a customer for life . If you want a good suspension look into S2 pro c you wont be disappointed do you have a brand that you prefer ? what is it ? on the other hand welcome to TI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
'_'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJohn View Post
Nice GSR, how did the suspension and alignment changes work out for you?

Any plans on a larger anti-roll bar in the rear?
Thanks John! The car felt decent after the alignment, but it doesn't quite rotate as much as I would like it to right now, which is what I expected. I've been considering swapping out the rear sway bar for a slightly larger one, but not too big. Any recommendations? I've been looking for a Comptech one, but I haven't came across one yet lol. I've also heard there's an infinitely adjustable one, but I don't know the name of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR View Post

My question is why would you not consider Skunk 2 parts and you cant put megan in the same category as SKUNK not even close. Have you ever bought or had experience with Skunk I have been running skunk parts since early 2005 and I am currently using all skunk parts in my current build I guess you can say im a customer for life . If you want a good suspension look into S2 pro c you wont be disappointed do you have a brand that you prefer ? what is it ? on the other hand welcome to TI
I never had Skunk2 parts, but this is my first Honda so I'm going by what track people have told me. Some people say the Skunk2 camber kits hold up fine, but others say the design is better on the Buddyclubs. I haven't personally researched their coilovers, but from my understanding, Skunk2 is good for engine parts. Either way, I've already installed Tein coilovers, which weren't particularly my preferred choice, but I had a great deal that I couldn't pass up.
3PedalJohn likes this.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 04:58 PM

the ASR 24mm rear sway and subframe brace seems to be a popular choice. i have one on mine and it definitely made a noticeable difference in rotation and i dont even track my car. they also make a 32mm hollow bar.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by '_' View Post
Thanks John! The car felt decent after the alignment, but it doesn't quite rotate as much as I would like it to right now, which is what I expected. I've been considering swapping out the rear sway bar for a slightly larger one, but not too big. Any recommendations? I've been looking for a Comptech one, but I haven't came across one yet lol. I've also heard there's an infinitely adjustable one, but I don't know the name of it.
That's good to hear! my alignment is pretty close to yours 2.6 degrees of camber in the front and 1.5 degrees camber in the front and zero toe all around.

blandsacasm, beat me to it! I recommend the ASR 24mm with adjustable end-links and the rear subframe brace because I have one on my Integra . So far I've put two track days on it, one at a short 1.4 mile technical go kart track and the other at Road America. I feel like the 24mm is a happy medium since the ITR rear sway is 23mm and with the ASR bar you have two settings and preload you can play around with. It's a quality piece and is a great add on for the Integra. It gets my stamp of approval.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
'_'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandsarcasm View Post
the ASR 24mm rear sway and subframe brace seems to be a popular choice. i have one on mine and it definitely made a noticeable difference in rotation and i dont even track my car. they also make a 32mm hollow bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJohn View Post
That's good to hear! my alignment is pretty close to yours 2.6 degrees of camber in the front and 1.5 degrees camber in the front and zero toe all around.

blandsacasm, beat me to it! I recommend the ASR 24mm with adjustable end-links and the rear subframe brace because I have one on my Integra . So far I've put two track days on it, one at a short 1.4 mile technical go kart track and the other at Road America. I feel like the 24mm is a happy medium since the ITR rear sway is 23mm and with the ASR bar you have two settings and preload you can play around with. It's a quality piece and is a great add on for the Integra. It gets my stamp of approval.
Update: It's been a minute since I last checked the forums, but I've been scrambling to get all these parts installed in preparation for my upcoming track day at ACS. I wasn't getting enough rotation after playing around with the ride height, so I decided to go with the ASR 24mm sway bar/ subframe brace, in addition to the Function7 LCA's. The car feels a lot better now, at least in the low and mid-speed turns. I suppose I should test it out again on the "hard setting," as the car naturally pushes in the off-camber uphill turns, but I'm very pleased with the addition.

Oh, and I also came up on a Spoon N1 so I threw that on the past week too.

drmix and JDMJNKY like this.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 PM

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
What are the Tein spring rates? Most of us use a heavy spring in the rear.

I would never accept that from my paint guy..
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
'_'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-flanders View Post
What are the Tein spring rates? Most of us use a heavy spring in the rear.
I'm using them as is, which I believe is 10kg front and 7kg rear.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 12:02 PM

ASR, Function 7, Tein, and Spoon. You cant go wrong with any of that! Nice to see that youre aiming for quality.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
'_'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandsarcasm View Post
ASR, Function 7, Tein, and Spoon. You cant go wrong with any of that! Nice to see that youre aiming for quality.
Thanks! I think my next project will be cutting the rear bumper shorter. I'm trying to figure out how short to cut it on the sides so that it flows to the rear.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
'_'

11/22/15 Update
I ran my first track event with the Integra at Autoclub Speedway (Infield and Roval) and I reached my target time for that day: 2:08. I was running 2:11's consistently until I had my friend ride along. I'm still getting a feel out for the car, but overall, it felt pretty good. One thing that didn't feel quite right were the brakes. Ideally, the car should be running 2:00 flat with a good driver on this setup, so I have a lot of improvement to make. I would like to put some 225's on once these RSR's wear out.

Here's a video of one of my faster runs:
https://youtu.be/VKpHmfT-cdM

Cold pits with my friend Amir (recently acquired NSX), and my friend Eddie (who rode along with me that day).

blandsarcasm likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page