GODSEND DC2 Log .... Life after death the rebirth of an R - Page 9 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 224Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #113 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to JDMJNKY
Verbal Update:

JOYFUL JOYFUL!!! Can never stop learning, that's step one! When you think you know something be prepared to get swept off your feet. I'm sure you all recall my wiring hissy fit; pages of it, LOL. Well just when I thought I was making progress, another humbling experience. Thought I had the answer, this switch panel was supposed to be cake..........except I was doing it all wrong HAHAHA. With good news today I report, switch panel is complete, all switches work, including the push start! WOOT!

So I began reassembling the dash, and ac components. There will be a pic, once all interior is complete but if you'd like a snippet, let's see how many "snippet" comments we can get before I leave to work tomorrow. LOL
dudeskee1325 likes this.

1213 AFFILIATION - JDMKIDS | CALI LOVE | AS1 FAMILIA
1213 AFFINITY - Integra Log | NITE GRIND TRANSMISSIONS | GRIPSET | NASTIE GARAGE | CALI LOVE CLOTH. |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:04 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Car looks good bro. I like all the suspension upgrades. Might have to strip my car down again this winter and do a overhaul like that.
post #115 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Silvia. I love suspension, and handling, so my first order of business is usually suspension. Power plant is decided later. Luckily integras in the U.S. Don't come with sohcs making it easy to not really stress power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #116 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Who knew tucking a Fuse box in a DC would be such a task. DC glove boxes are so narrow. PFFFFFF, still got it done, had to trim quiet a bit; the good thing is I don't plan on using the glove box anyway. Installed a few bits, JDM cluster, switch panel, and shift linkage. Dash was in and out fitting the fuse box w/ glove box. I also cleaned out all my garbage from interior - the wiring madness and vacuumed the carpet. I think it needs another carpet cleaning tho' LOL.

Jdm Cluster - Don't plan on using it too long, only until I get my stock one fixed.

basic ES bushings for linakge

In prep for getting the interior together, I began cleaning up misc interior pcs, and plastics.

Door Handles - I'll need some protectant to bring back the luster

The ad-VENT-ages of cleaning, Imagine a nose full of that first time firing up the AC EWWWW

1/4 plastics

This is where you sit back and relax, spray the part(s) with degreaser and wait for the sprinklers to come on.

after the rinse cycle, dry, pat back, and enjoy your genius plan.

P.S. JK - I did not use the sprinklers
post #117 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:34 PM
JDR

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im in the process to changing all my interior to black as well I just got a carbon fiber climate control/ashtray my self with itr door panels. keep up the up dates
post #118 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:39 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Any degreaser? Shit looks clean bro.
post #119 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR View Post
im in the process to changing all my interior to black as well I just got a carbon fiber climate control/ashtray myself with itr door panels. keep up the up dates
Thanks JDR. The ITR CF makes a world of a difference. Looking forward to seeing your setup as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia View Post
Any degreaser? Shit looks clean bro.
No sir, I used upholstery and vinyl degreaser. I picked it up from the 99C store. I forget the brand, grrrrr, but works wonders. I discovered it a few months ago when I had to clean my mom's jeep after temporarily hauling parts in it. Thanks BTW! I also used some perma plate to bring the luster back to those parts, I'll take a pic for you guys before I install. I didn't do the 1/4's yet so I will post a B & A of those.

Degreaser is made by LA's Totally awesome ( I have both blue and orange bottle. I used the orange one for these parts.

Today, I tackled the last bits of wiring before the dash could be completed. I hit the J-Yard 8am and cut some pigtails to repair some mistakes by the previous owner. Completing those repairs, just solidified and end is near; Leading me to install my last puzzle piece.

Cig lighter - Repaired I

Medusa, The climate control harness - Repaired

PLX wideband Install & Functional - Pretty Straight forward. I can finally say that ALL priority wiring is officially now over. THANK YOU LORD! LOL. I can move forward with the installation of the interior bits, buttoning up loose ends and so forth. I put the gauge here since I do not have cruise control. I was tempted to grab the pcs. needed to get it back on track from the j-yard a few weeks ago but I decided against it as I had enough on my plate. I do love CC, but sacrifices must be made. At least we will still have A/C the most important luxury.

THINGS TO DO:
- Buy or Trade for Quick release setup
- Buy Steering wheel
- Install Interior panels, trim, consoles, seats, seat belts, etc
- Address Lighting Daily & competition
- Install ( once they all arrive ) RFab Pedals, dead pedal, coolant res, clutch res, catch can
- Exhaust and Piping
- Engine Break in ( possible cam install, minus degreeing them - Gasssssp )
- Dyno Tune

- Install strut bar(S)
- Install Mud Guards
- Remove 98-01 rear bumper Paint Match and install 94-97 Rear
- Re-clear / Paint Match CF Trunk
- Paint Match CF hood
- Remove JDM R Trunk Install CF Trunk
- Repair Daily Front Bumper
- Modify Competition Bumper
- Polish Headlights
- Explore Audio options ( or use BOP Bluetooth LOL )
- ENJOY IT!
Silvia likes this.
post #120 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Here's some of the parts w/ the protectant. I apply the goods, 1 or 2 coats tops, then with a separate cloth do my best to dull the finish after it sets. It is a non sticky sheen, your arms do not slip or slide, or imprint the residue like OTS cleaning products.

Cluster Bezel

Armrest Console

Lower Dash Panel

Armrest ( before & after, may be a lil hard to distinguish but this material may be past it's life expectancy anyway LOL )

coat 2

Kick Panels ( B & A )

Door Panel Cups, Door Handle Cups, AC Vents, Upper Column Cover

Stacked off to the side until install. Hopefully I get some time over the weekend, If not it'll be next week. Got some overdue work to complete for a friend.
drmix, blandsarcasm and Bretherman like this.
post #121 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 08:03 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks awesome! I love the attention to detail!
post #122 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Thank you sir, just a pet peeve of mine, when I think of a previous owners cleanliness. Nothing personal; OCD!
post #123 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Verbal Update: Dash is 99% complete, need to buy or find the sunroof switch, and install jdm clock to sum it up. CF climate installed, CF Driver Vent Installed. Then it's center console... Can't wait. So far, So sexy!!! Interior Pics when it's all done. I also made some frontal brackets on the "ac tuck lines," now I'll need to get some edge guards for the radiator support.

I'll take my camera tomorrow to update a few aspects.

Silvia likes this.

Last edited by JDMJNKY; 09-06-2015 at 10:18 AM.
post #124 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

What progress we've made since the last update:

I finished up that engine assembly for my friend, a f20b

Purchased shift Linkage Accs.

Tired of seeing it dangle, I am pleased with my shifter setup....ooooh and that new accordion dust seal

Here's some pics of the cheap lightweight a/c line brackets. I'm sure I'll have to improve this design in the future LOL. I also began install of the fenders and some pswdjdm fender bolts. No edge trim yet.

clean & Installed my jdm clock, thus completing the upper dash minus the sunroof switch :*(

Installed the RFab Dead Pedal - awaiting a few more bits from him as well.

don't mind that drop of DP or missing plastic clip, you negative nancy, always pointing out my flaws hehe

Rice Rice baby, now I've been playing with this idea for quite some time, this will be the road racing "twilight" runs bumper. I just hope execution rivals my creativity, for now just feels good to finally be pulling parts from the parts pile and using them LOL.

well little by little it's coming full circle, just want to say thanks for everyones help thus far!!! It's been a bitter sweet ride, and I can't wait for the first drive.
dudeskee1325 likes this.

Last edited by JDMJNKY; 09-17-2015 at 12:01 AM.
post #125 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Buttoning up things always means there's more work to do. Unending work as we near completetion-ish. Rough draft of the "twilight" bumper seen here. I love it. Still missing the lip. I apologize for the series of poor image quality you will see in this update. It will be fully plug and play, and I plan on making something else for it later; which I will cover lightly also.

I spent some time this week also prepping more of the interior. I had the carpet cleaned once before if you all recall, but after all my wiring shenanigans I decided to whip out my bissell and give it another brisk cleaning. Unhappy with a stain on the passenger side I once again called my buddy who did it the first time to see if he could make it better. He removed so much dirt from this carpet it's insane. This is technically the 3rd cleaning, look at all the grime below!!! I feel so much better now that those stains have nearly vanished.

here you see a teaser of the shifter ( FLP ) and the Custom switch panel.

The nights before final carpet cleaning I spent hours sorting this stupid seat bracket/rail/slider. UGGGGHH can't wait to save some money and buy the PCI units. GRRRRR I was pissed at these things. Solid material but oh boy what a PITA.

next day at the shop I removed some old secretions from the seatbelt button...ewwww

after a short trip to the j-yard, some machining on the psngr. side brackets, a sorely crunched middle finger later, the seats are in!!! Turns out they're the perfect his & hers, glad no one bought them while I had them posted for sale. I like the seats much more now that they are installed. I tend to sit like a nerd, as upright as I can tolerate and my wife likes to gangster lean. She'll be adjusting that later LOL. As for the seats they sure look good together, very comfy too at first sit. I'll be using factory seat belts for now, no money for a nice harness just yet. Too many other things have priority.

to end yesterdays labor on a good note, some R.Fab goodies arrived!

v2 dead pedal. I'll be saving this for later

Lastly, switching speeds when I'm bored or out of things to do with Diana, I've decided to slowly begin porting the head, for motor #2 . This was my original plan and powerplant but I'll be getting picky with this one, and I'll need all the time I can with this.

this area will be fully polished and or thermal coated, for now just cleaned before we get down.

started with the exhaust side as these do not need crazy shaping. Cleaning up the casting, w/ 80 grit. I'll be working my way through the grits before it's complete.

Since I'm all over the place, here's a focused check list: Necessities to make her drivable:
Steering Wheel
Hub/Release
Ride Height Adjustment/Fender Roll
Clutch reservoir
Clutch Bleed
Coolant reservoir
Adjustable Cam Gears
Install cams
Exhaust Piping
Tune
post #126 of 336 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Updates:

Finally got my shift knob back.

Other than that haven't been up to much, been contemplating a lot on my steering wheel setup, and if I should install cams before tuning. Installing cams means buying cam gears, just more money, more money, more money, and right now, that is slim around here. :/

as for steering, I've listed my vertex for sale because I'm too afraid to trash it on the street and track - I'm thinking about keeping it. My good friend Ahmed helped me get it and sentimental value is starting to set in. Insult to injury, to find a quick release that suits my taste is another task on it's own, and also requires more money, more money, more money.

My main focus for today:

I took this mornings free time at home to sort some things, fixing the wifey's flat tire, grabbing meds for my little one, as well as addressing this brittle door panel issue I noticed. When I removed these from the LS shell I sold, I heard a bit of crunching.Turns out it's cracked badly. Here we are months later, and I've finally decided to tackle the repair. I will also attempt to repair the vinyl and fabric repair.

Driver side had the worst cracking. I cut little mesh strips for reinforcement; I had the mesh laying around from my old ferio build. Passenger side I used straight epoxy.

The yellow gunk on the door panel and floor was an old batch of epoxy, grrrrr made things messy. I'm contemplating sanding this down and layering it all for both panels; making them look nice. I'll see how well the vinyl and fabric repair come out before I go all HAM. I'll let this cure as I'm in no rush, I'll be researching vinyl repair meanwhile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page