High Schooler's integra - Page 7 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #85 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorn697 View Post
it needs to ground at the head and that mounting spot you have does not have a bolt that connects to the head. Once again correct me if I am wrong guys. Here is one of many pics i found of where the original ground location is.
i did a little more research and you are right . it doesn't bolt on there . this thread proves it. thanks for pointing that out. I'll tackle that on my next day off.www.team-integra.net/forum/17-audio-security-electrical/57583-valve-cover-ground-wire.html

Last edited by milianaires; 04-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #86 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 03:51 PM

cool man not sure what can go wrong if its in the wrong place so just wanted to give u a heads up. When you bolt it up if you want it hidden go off the right rear bolt there is a threaded spot within reach of the ground wire that you can bolt to the body. This way when you look into the bay u dont see the ground up front.
post #87 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

So I went ahead and got tires for the av19s . decided to go with 195/40 and it's really not that crazy . I'm going to be mounting the wheels this weekend along with installing new camber kits. theres the camber kits in that last pic .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #88 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 11:37 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sorry we can't really endorse stretching tires. It is a dangerous shortcut - the real solution is to modify your fenders, alignment, and ride-height so you can use the tires that best fit your wheel size.

Just because something is popular or possible doesn't mean that it's good. I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's your car, your decision. However, we all have our fingers crossed that you'll see the light!

post #89 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 11:00 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I current run 205/40/16 on an 8.5 in wheel with -4.5 degrees of negative camber. Yes everyone is right about it being dangerous. Have I ever had an issue, nope. Will I be pissed if something does go wrong, nope. I know the risks of running a set up like mine, which is why I don't drive around like an asshole.
milianaires likes this.
post #90 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD1integra View Post
I current run 205/40/16 on an 8.5 in wheel with -4.5 degrees of negative camber. Yes everyone is right about it being dangerous. Have I ever had an issue, nope. Will I be pissed if something does go wrong, nope. I know the risks of running a set up like mine, which is why I don't drive around like an asshole.
Do u have a good picof the setup? Curious how that looks
post #91 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorn697 View Post
Do u have a good picof the setup? Curious how that looks
yea, look in my build thread
post #92 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
this will be my response to people that ask me. you took the words out my mouth. couldn't explain it any better. yea. I'm at -5.6 camber on the rear . not rubbing at all with a 8 inch wheel. looks killer and so does yours man
post #93 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
I know the risks of running a set up like mine, which is why I don't drive around like an asshole.
The problem is that it's not about you.

It's about your ability to stop and turn in reaction to someone else driving like an asshole.

I've spent 20 years driving defensively, with hundreds of track and specialized instruction hours. I've been in 2 wrecks on the road in my life, and neither were because I was driving poorly. I don't have a count on the number I've avoided thanks to the ability to stop hard, corner hard, or slalom around something that was functionally out to get me. (everything from a bouncing tire to a small elk to a semi).

Not being able to dodge and weave out of harms way is a big deal. Compromising grip by reducing your contact patch by 75% or more is a significant degradation of safety. I'm not telling you you can't run that camber, but I'm very glad you're the better part of a thousand miles away from me.

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX daily -> 1991 CRX HF (YT)

Integra friends are the best friends.

Last edited by dpaton; 04-13-2015 at 01:19 PM. Reason: words
post #94 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
The problem is that it's not about you.

It's about your ability to stop and turn in reaction to someone else driving like an asshole.

I've spent 20 years driving defensively, with hundreds of track and specialized instruction hours. I've been in 2 wrecks on the road in my life, and neither were because I was driving poorly. I don't have a count on the number I've avoided thanks to the ability to stop hard, corner hard, or slalom around something that was functionally out to get me. (everything from a bouncing tire to a small elk to a semi).

Not being able to dodge and weave out of harms way is a big deal. Compromising grip by reducing your contact patch by 75% or more is a significant degradation of safety. I'm not telling you you can't run that camber, but I'm very glad you're the better part of a thousand miles away from me.
Where are you getting this 75% from? So your saying from the 8 inch tire I'm running, that I only have a 2 inch contact patch? I would have to be running negative camber in the double digits for what your saying.

I have maybe .5-1 inch of tire not touching the ground, compared to a lot of "stance" builds, my set up is pretty mild. It would be even less if the wheels clear my itr calipers, as i have to run a 5mm spacer. You're right I may be pretty far from you, but that logic makes no damn sense seeing that I'm not the only stance car within a 1000 mile radius of you. I honestly don't care what your opinion is. Anyone can make the same acquisition for idiots who have a "track" or functional build and think they can whip they're car around on public streets like they do the track. So you tell me whose more dangerous.
post #95 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 AM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Wait so let me get this straight:
unsafely stretched rims + unsafe amounts of camber + no driver's airbag + what possibly appear to be replica seats = ?

I'll let you do the math... Seems like a recipe for disaster though if you ask me. Not to mention how horrible the "stanced" look is but that's just my opinion.
dpaton and huntersdc4 like this.
post #96 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:25 PM

This is absolutely the dumbest shit I have ever seen. Putting too small of a tire on a wheel, putting too much camber on the car to where there is barely any contact between the tire and the road....Someone PLEASE tell me there is a logical point to this!

If I were a mod I'd lock and delete any stupid thread that came along like this.
dpaton likes this.
post #97 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting this 75% from? So your saying from the 8 inch tire I'm running, that I only have a 2 inch contact patch? I would have to be running negative camber in the double digits for what your saying.

I have maybe .5-1 inch of tire not touching the ground, compared to a lot of "stance" builds, my set up is pretty mild. It would be even less if the wheels clear my itr calipers, as i have to run a 5mm spacer. You're right I may be pretty far from you, but that logic makes no damn sense seeing that I'm not the only stance car within a 1000 mile radius of you. I honestly don't care what your opinion is. Anyone can make the same acquisition for idiots who have a "track" or functional build and think they can whip they're car around on public streets like they do the track. So you tell me whose more dangerous.
That looks about like your suspension is broken. It serves absolutely no purpose at all past looking dumb. And I'm sorry, I had no idea a car with proper setup suspension and tires that make full contact on the road mean the owners are racing around on public streets 24/7. You should work for Ferrari and Lotus...seems you have quite a bit you could teach them about their dangerous "track" cars that go on public street.
dpaton likes this.
post #98 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

officially signing off this site .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page