danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 8 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #99 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by integra-evan View Post
For the water leak, how is the boot around the wiring from the door to the body? What kind of shape is it in?
i'll have to take a look at that boot this weekend.

looking forward to hopefully getting some work done on the car this weekend. my dad is letting me borrow his air compressor for the weekend again. mine is still fighting with me. i may just end up replacing it.

so much going on right now, i'm trying to get the car where i need it to be before the cold weather sets in, need to finish the garage so i can get the car in there, need to finish misc. repairs around the house before winter is here, my wedding is less than a month away...hmmmm what else can i pile on to the list???

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #100 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Car is prepped, chassis save tomorrow weather pending

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #101 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 03:41 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice!

1999 Adriatic Blue Pearl DB8
1995 Frost White DC4 SE - 2006-2014
1990 Rio Red DA9 RS - 2002-2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure what i want to use to topcoat the chassis saver. I have some epoxy chassis paint and i have rust encapsulating rubberized under coating. I have them leftover from a project i was working on with my truck. I have i'd say three cans of each. I'm leaning towards the under coating. What do you guys think?

post #103 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully pics up tonight. I got one coat on. It took forever, a lot more surface area than my truck frame. And even with gloves and long sleeves, its all over me. And this stuff does not come off... As long as its gone by oct 11 the fiance wont be mad lol. I need to finish a couple spots tonight, if it is still light enough i'll grab a couple pics. Goin out to eat, so this is all pending the amount of day light left when i get home too.

post #104 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

well, my home computer has officially crapped out on me...so from now on my updates will be made via my work computer lol. oh well.

so i have some pics of the first coat of chassis saver. i need to buy more so i can make a second coat, it really did not go as far as i thought it would. i used less when i did my truck frame, but that was a lot less surface area. after taking these pics, i see some spots i missed that i will get on the second coat. also, the swar bar brackets in the rear are still on and i have not painted the chassis saver in those spots yet because i am waiting for my bolt grip socket from irwin to show up. they are all kinds of rounded off.

by the way, i was hesitant buying this bolt grip sockets but man, i am impressed. the work fantastic. so far (providing i have the correct size socket) they have gotten every rounded/rusted/mangled up bolt off the car. so on to some pics...

i'm not sure if i would get gloss black if i had to do it over again. it is really glossy, actually makes it a little difficult to tell where i applied the stuff and where i didnt.

sorry, this one is all kinds of blurry

pay no attention to these brackets, i'll coat that area behind them up when i get more chassis saver and the bolt grip tool. same for the wheel wells, i need to do them yet along with the area behind the front and rear bumpers

and lastly, i'm looking for some opinions. i'm changing up the wheel color possibly. on the left is the color they were last year (a little more lighter gold than i'd like this time) and on the right is a color from rustoleum. i think i like them, but not sure if they would end up being too dark on the car. whats your guy's opinion???

post #105 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
nice!! looking good on the chassis saver I bought a brand new gas tank for about $90 on ebay and coated it, what did you ever do with the shift linkage?? I got one if interested lol looking forward to the finished product
danteisme likes this.
post #106 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

i absolutely am interested! i need one of them among a few other things lol. unfortunately, i have to hold off on new parts for a little bit. coming down to the wire here for my wedding and that is taking up most of my funds/time lately.
post #107 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thumbs up

cool hmu we can deff work something out
post #108 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice work on the chassis saver!
danteisme likes this.
post #109 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

if anyone wants to try chassis saver, i can tell you from experience it doesnt matter what you wear, it will get on you. i had on 2 pairs of latex gloves, long sleeve tshirt, and safety glasses. it went through the gloves, through the shirt, and nearly in my eye. i tried getting the stuff off my arms and hands with paint thinner and the reducer recommended for chassis saver...no such luck. i'm stuck with it until i lose the skin cells lol.
post #110 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Puttin the second coat of chassis saver on right now, hopefully undercoat tomorrow. I decided to top coat the chassis saver with the rust encapsulating rubberized undercoating. Also welded up the hole i put in the car with my chisel. Productive day so far!

integra-evan likes this.
post #111 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

I'll have some updated pics on monday. I am having a stupid moment however... I took my cans of undercoating out from my basement and set them aside because i knew i Would be using them tomorrow. For the life of me i cannot find them....

I also stood back and looked at my car today when i was done done for the day. I cant help but think "what the hell was i thinking stripping the car down this far??!"

I hope i can remember how she all goes back together...

post #112 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

some more updated pics for you guys.

i put the second coat of chassis saver on everything.

(chassis saver on the rust hole is not the permanent fix!)

Then i did the inside parts of the chassis that i couldnt get to with a brush.

if you guys havent seen this stuff before, this stuff is cool. you run the line up through where ever you want to spray the rust converter/proofer, hit the button and the nozzle sprays out of 4 jets on the tip. here is a video clip from their website:

Then on sunday to top everything off, i rubberized undercoated the surfaces (i left the rear panel of the trunk and the front clip and rad support without the undercoating and just topped them with a coat of epoxy chassis paint).

no more shiny.

Then last, i primed up my wheels

maybe this weekend i'll finish ripping out the sound deadening and figure out where the hell the water is coming in on the driver's side (checked the electrical boot on the door, it was good).

after that, i wont be able to buy any more parts until after the wedding. that whole thing seems to be sucking my wallet dry...

i think i'll get my front knuckles, control arms, and rear control arms and round up my bearings and new bushings so i can drop them off at the shop i go to. that way while i'm gone on my honeymoon, hopefully they can press the new bearings and the new bushings so they are ready to install when i get back.

it will be slow for a little bit, but after the wedding stuff is over i should be able to keep buying more parts and work more on the car.

stay tuned!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in