danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 49 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #673 of 715 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I really need to get an Acura banner/sign for my garage some day.
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #674 of 715 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 View Post
I really need to get an Acura banner/sign for my garage some day.
i believe mine is a $20 ebay special. not bad quality!

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
post #675 of 715 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 AM

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Damn, you took the really long road with this one Dante! Glad to see you are still at it.
danteisme likes this.

Racing is the process of turning money into noise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #676 of 715 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingwish View Post
Damn, you took the really long road with this one Dante! Glad to see you are still at it.
yup, i'm all in at this point lol. Glad to see you still popping in here! You still in the area?
post #677 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Some work on the retrofits!

Picked up some misc. hardware and bolts and such so i can get these things mounted to the oem brackets and start the process of adjustment. from what i understand, this can take quite a while. i'm not sure how much testing i can do with them at this point, i have my car positioned in the garage so i can start to work on the driver's rear quarter panel, so the front of the car is about 2 feet from the wall. not nearly enough space do any sort of aiming.
MorningZ likes this.
post #678 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Yep, still around. Let me know if you need anything!
post #679 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Very minor project update and looking for some guidance as well.* I spent a lot of time doing some much needed cleaning in my garage.* all of this sanding and my "scattered brained" work methods recently have taken a toll on my garage space.* So i did some pretty simple things while i spent the bulk of my time cleaning.* I made a template for my sidemarkers so all i have to do is position the cutout, outline it with a sharpie and start cutting.*

Then i used some blue painters tape to mark all of the areas that need to be addressed with some body filler, which should be here tomorrow.

Then, i started removing some interior items that i know i will need to remove to get the dashboard out.* And, there was a casualty.* My quad pod cracked when i tried to take it out, i'm surprised that 3M tape held it in there that good.* So, i'll need to figure out a way to repair that.

But, i have 3 front leather seats now, as one of my projects i'm going to take 2 of them to make one good one (the one passenger side one is in great shape already).

And now, for my requested help.* I started looking at where i need to separate the inner from the outer panel on my donor panel.* I'm not entirely sure how the area around the gas filler is connected. I dont see any spot welds like i see everywhere else, but i dont think these two pieces are just sitting on top of each other.* Maybe they are?* I could be wrong.* Here are some pictures of the area i'm talking about:

Front view*

And from the rear by the inner panel

Slightly different angle
[/url]

Like i said, i dont really see any spot welds to be drilled out.* Maybe these two panels do in fact just rest on each other tightly.* That would be great, that would save me a whole heck of a lot of extra work, and i probably wouldnt need to replace as much as i'm thinking when i get around to swapping out this quarter.**
post #680 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Did some additional research and found some good pictures online. It looks like, luckily for me, there are no spot welds in this area. Its some sort of gasket between the inner and outer panel.

In other news, I love when packages show up at the house. Hopefully this fixes my oil leak for good.

Bought from here, for $150+/- shipped. I was super excited to see that it does in fact come in a Honda box and is stamped P72 etc...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #681 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:27 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That CD looks to be cheesier than Cheetos lol

94 LS - Daily - SOLD
00 GSR-T - Weekender - SOLD
01 GSR - Garage Queen - CURRENT
post #682 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH4DC2Man View Post
That CD looks to be cheesier than Cheetos lol
Oh it is for sure.

So, this weekend was frustrating. Well, mostly frustrating. I finally got the dashboard out, I had to cut a couple of wires from the harness to my alarm just because of how it was installed. I didn't see any other way to do it. So, its out and now I can start to replace the cabin harness along with the heater core because I really don't want to ever rip out the dash again. Also the brake light switch to see if that fixes my cruise control issue.

Also, still in process of doing a little seat part swapping to take good leather and foam from a passenger seat, and swap it over to a drivers seat so i have good front seats in the car. By the way, public service announcement - THERE IS REALLY SHARP STUFF INSIDE OF THE SEAT. I found out the hard way when I reached my hand up inside of the seat to release the headrest.

No pictures of this, but this is probably the most frustrating part of my Integra work this weekend. Why is it harder to remove the freakin door handles, than it is the dashboard? I fought with my passenger one for an hour, and it is still in the door. I can't even get to the one bolt for the drivers side. The manual says, raise the door glass up completely, and then use the access hole in the door to use a 10mm and ratchet on the bolt. Well, this is applicable on the passenger side of my car, but the glass still completely covers the bolt on the drivers side. Not sure how this is possible. Anyone have some good tips to get these stupid things out of my doors? The rears were simple to remove, both sides in less than 15 minutes probably.
post #683 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
some day I want to swap my dash for tan to black but not in a big hurry.
post #684 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Alright, so i lost my cool and listed this car for sale for a hot minute yesterday. I have since gathered my senses and decided to continue on. I worked on the car for about 4 hours yesterday and got absolutely nothing accomplished. I removed the evaporator and blower motor quickly, then moved onto the heater core. This stupid thing just does not want to let go of the car. I'm having a VERY hard time getting the hose clamps / hoses to slide off the inlet and outlet of the heater core. I replaced these hoses at the beginning of the project, and it was super simple, but most of the engine bay was torn apart and there was nothing in the way. Now, we have the fuel lines, brake lines, intake manifold etc... all in the way making it very difficult to get enough room for any kind of leverage to get these hoses off the core.

The interior still looking like a nightmare

And the god awful hoses and hose clamps in question.

Still no resolution with this crap. And then my heart really sank when i realized this harness goes back behind the firewall mat. So I will need to remove this, and anything else on top of it, to replace this harness....."insert sigh here"............

JH4DC2Man likes this.
post #685 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This post reminds me of a true definition of 'labor of love' lol With that said, gotta hand it to you brother. I've been slacking on things I want to do lately as my efforts have been working on the house :/ yay for adulting. But the car isn't going anywhere so I have time to do the little things.
post #686 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH4DC2Man View Post
I've been slacking on things I want to do lately as my efforts have been working on the house :/ yay for adulting. But the car isn't going anywhere so I have time to do the little things.
I hear ya, this was the first day in months that i've been able to dedicate more than 30 minutes to the car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page