danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 48 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #659 of 706 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Not too much to update one since i forgot to take after photos. So, with a dead grinder on hand and the DA sander taking forever, i've started with chemical removal.

So its only a before picture of setting up, the after picture is much carnage. I really need to add another coat, or buy my new grinder and finish off the door panels.

Also, got a notification of an integra in the upull yard, the first one in over a year i think. So i left work early to go check it out, i've never seen a more rusted out integra. I have to go back there this weekend so i'll grab a picture of it, assuming it is still there. anyways, the reason i have to go back is to make a return. this car had tan leather seats with seat covers. i could not for the life of me get the covers off and they were closing in 15 minutes. so i took a gamble and bought them both.

Passenger side will be disassembled and replace my current driver's side seat

Driver's side is going back to the yard for a store credit return lol, its in worse shape than the one currently in my car
dpaton likes this.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #660 of 706 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Well, here is the carnage update:

i'm picking up my new grinder tomorrow for some work this weekend hopefully.

Also scored one of these guys (i'm a long ways off from installing it)

Also, found out some interesting information. I have some 99 TL (i think TL, could be CL) floormats, so i decided to see if they would fit in the integra. Well, they are really freaking close. In fact, if you can deal with a tad bit of overlap on the driver's side, and a little bit more on the passenger side, they fit nicely.

dpaton likes this.
post #661 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Armed with my new grinder this weekend, i completed the 2 driver's doors, next weekend will be the passenger side.

[/url]

Bare metal.

And a quick spray bomb coating of the finest $0.94 a can paint so they metal doesnt start to rust. its way to cold to mix and spray primer so this will do until i can. Should sand off quite easily with the DA.

the paint tells no lies, there are quite a few areas that need to be smoothed out. also not shown, i used the paint stripper on the roof and the passenger side, so a few hours with the grinder should take care of that side. i think it took me about 2 hours to grind, then prep with the DA, then paint the cheapo paint. also showing up today are my ballasts for my retrofit, hopefully tonight or tomorrow night i can start cutting up my extra housing for practice mounting height etc.. for the s2000 projectors. This way if i screw up once, i wont need to go out and buy new headlight housings lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

I had something cool come in the mail that i had to share, some of you on here might have received one of these before. I've been looking for some of the Acura promo stuff and literature stuff for the integra, occasionally it pops up on ebay. When this popped up, i thought this was too cool to pass up. especially for sub $20.

I love stuff like this.
JH4DC2Man likes this.
post #663 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Alright, my car kicked my ass this weekend. I burned through 2 of the paint remover discs over the passenger rear quarter and the rear door. I was reminded of an incident that happened while i was at WVU that i completely forgot about....and i greatly dislike how the body shop fixed it now that i have uncovered it. The one day i came out of class, walked over to the passenger side of the car to put in my laptop and books and such, and there was this long scratch/dent going from the middle of the front door clear to the back of the car. it looked like someone cut the wheel entirely too early and dragged their car down the side of mine and then left. hit and run. i completely forgot about it until i started grinding away at about 1/4" thick layer of bondo...ate through 2 freaking paint removal discs... TWO of them! Absurd....so progress was pretty limiting as far as body work goes. I'll have to pick up another disc so i can have at it this weekend again.

SO MUCH PAINT / BONDO DUST EVERYWHERE!

you can kinda see my patch work for the rear quarter in this one.

So, i finally got around to testing my ballasts, hid bulbs and projectors this weekend and started cutting up my extra headlight bracket so if i mess up its not the end of the world. So far, it looks like i'll be using my air cut off wheel to do the bulk of the slicing and then come through with my dremel tool to finish up. I'll need to buy some strong cut off discs for the dremel, that metal is much denser than i thought.

And i dont have pictures of all of my finds, but the upull yard had a 50% off sale this weekend. There was a 97 GS coupe there that was in surprisingly good condition. It either isnt from around here, or was never driven in the winter. I snagged some new looking rad fans, very new looking OEM turn signals, and some OEM front fenders in excellent shape. This will save me so much time by using these instead of trying to get rid of all of the dents in my front fenders from all of the years of leaning on them to work on the car.

The front fenders are in the trunk of the car right now, covered in paint and bondo dust so they arent much to look at right now
post #664 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looking forward to seeing body work progress on this!

95 Integra LS - Touge/Time Attack
B18b1
post #665 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:04 PM

Garage
Ditto on the bodywork progress! Are you using the HID balast into the OEM headlight housing? or is that for fogs?

94 LS - Daily - SOLD
00 GSR-T - Weekender - SOLD
01 GSR - Garage Queen - CURRENT
post #666 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm using the ballasts into a set of S2000 projectors that i'm working on retrofitting into the OEM housings.
JH4DC2Man likes this.
post #667 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
I'm using the ballasts into a set of S2000 projectors that i'm working on retrofitting into the OEM housings.
Niiiiiice! Also, that promo stuff you got off eBay is sahh--weeeettt
post #668 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH4DC2Man View Post
Niiiiiice! Also, that promo stuff you got off eBay is sahh--weeeettt
Hopefully i can track down a working VCR so i can rip it to my computer and see what is on this tape!
post #669 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hopefully i can track down a working VCR so i can rip it to my computer and see what is on this tape!
I have a working VCR I won't sell it but it works and can be used if you want to
post #670 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

My parents still have a working VCR, next time i go over there i'm going to attempt to transfer this stuff over. Hopefully it works!

So, i got the remainder of the car down to bare metal and coated with my temporary paint protection this weekend. It took a lot of elbow grease to get this done lol.

Its really weird to see my car black. Its been flat black before, but never a glossy black.

When the car was flat black picture for reference lol

Also still working on my S2000 HID retrofit in my extra junk headlight housing. I think i'm ready to start working on the actual housing i will be using.

Hopefully next weekend i can get to some more sanding for the front and rear bumpers, fenders, and side skirts. Maybe even get the holes going for my jdm side markers. If i can get all of that done next weekend, i'll be happy.
JH4DC2Man likes this.
post #671 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:

And this was such a huge fail.* I saw this CD on ebay and i thought this looks pretty cool, but it didnt have a track listing at all shown in the ad.* i took a gamble at $5, i thought it is an acura luxury cd....maybe it has some jazz or some classical or something.* I get down with some jazz and classical music every now and then.* But no, this collection of music is much much worse.....FAIL on my part.

So i was re-reading through your thread and thought this was funny. I have the "Loran engineered" Cassette tape version of that I found in my integra when i bought it.
post #672 of 706 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Yeti View Post
So i was re-reading through your thread and thought this was funny. I have the "Loran engineered" Cassette tape version of that I found in my integra when i bought it.
I think i have both....double fail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page