danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 46 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #631 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 04:26 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I ended up replacing mine which fixed my cruising issues.

The throttle would cut out kind of violently while holding the throttle steady, car would shake. If I let off the gas during cruise, and got back on the throttle, it would hesitate. I thought it was a hesitation of some sort or a lean spike due to lack of fuel on my tune. The calibration and realtime setting on S300 showed it was working when the car was off. What I thought was a lean spike was the throttle "closing"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Got the Open Loop issue narrowed down, it is a wiring issue. I just need to figure out which one it is coming off of the ECU harness. I'll be breaking out the shop manual tonight. For shits and giggles, I might disconnect my boomslang harness from the ECU and bypass the VAFC2 all together just to make sure it isnt an issue with that harness.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
post #633 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Turns out the open loop issue is NOT narrowed down and still pissing me off. But, the AC issues is fixed. I followed this link here: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...-cold-try.html

and sure enough thats what my problem was. temp in the vents went from 60ish to between 46-48.
aw614 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 12:01 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
Turns out the open loop issue is NOT narrowed down and still pissing me off. But, the AC issues is fixed. I followed this link here: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...-cold-try.html

and sure enough thats what my problem was. temp in the vents went from 60ish to between 46-48.
I did the AC fix on my integra last night and drove all around town in 2 and 3 position and it was actually comfortable for once (Florida humidity lol).

Thanks, didn't know about this, but at least I know why my AC wasn't blowing as cold as it should have been.
danteisme likes this.
post #635 of 706 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

I havent updated my open loop closed loop issue in a while. Its still on-going. A fellow DB'er on Honda Tech is shipping me his ECU to see if mine is junk for some reason.

So, observation 1: When my car acts all goofy and sputters and dies etc..., it only does it under load when its trying to get into closed loop. If i pop in the clutch or put it in neutral, it free revs with no hang ups. As soon as i put it back in gear and try to go (if it is still trying to get into closed loop) it hesitates and pops and sputters like its not getting fuel. By luck, while i was working under the hood the car started having its issue while I was bleeding the coolant. The fuel pressure remained the same when it was sputtering, so it leads me to believe it is NOT a fuel issue.

Observation 2: I put some miles on the car with my scan tool connected in "live" mode to see what things were reading out as. Which doesnt mean they are reading correctly, but its a starting point. I missed the picture of the first screen, but here are the ST and LT fuel trim and O2 sensor readings right after startup before the car really gets warmed up.

And after the car is at operating temp. The really is no change.

I still have to go through the manual to see if any of these readings are in range with what they are supposed to be. I think its worth noting that whenever the car has its issue and tries to go into closed loop, the readings for the primary O2 sensor go to something like -36 and bounce around. I am 90% sure the readings for the secondary sensor stays at 0. I'm on "staycation" from work next week so i plan to do some further investigating into this car's odd issue.
post #636 of 706 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

I tried to take a couple of videos of the car acting up. *You may need to turn up your speakers to hear it in the first video, the second video is pretty noticeable.*

And a couple of new pics because why not.

Supporting the people that help me out

And a pic of the car from my front porch, looking very dirty.*
post #637 of 706 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

A couple of updates. My loaner ECU did not fix my open loop issue, so i can rule out the ECU being bad in my car. I wish that was the case though, i don't like chasing wires. So i'm still fighting with electrical issues, but not bad enough that i cant drive the car everyday. I like this picture i took of the car this morning. My truck was parked out front so i moved the car from the garage to the parking pad so it would be easier to get the boy into the car.

And from the other night. Just a boy and his Acura lol

post #638 of 706 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:43 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that is a great picture, makes the paint look amazing
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
post #639 of 706 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 View Post
that is a great picture, makes the paint look amazing
it does, it makes it look waaaay better than it is lol. I think i'll stick to dark pictures for a while
post #640 of 706 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to run a compression test on the motor to see if i am getting something ridiculous for a number, that would prove something is not synced as it should with the work i did in the head. BUT, the results will be off anyways because i cannot get the motor up to operating temps if it wont run lol.
post #641 of 706 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

So.....have i mentioned how much i hate electrical wiring? A few people suggested i go back through and check some of the grounding distributions at the ecu/harness. i went back through and un-taped all of my grounds to make sure i couldnt clearly see something very wrong. I didnt really see anything that looked like it would be an issue and i went back through and taped all of those connections up again and i made sure i taped the length of the wire so that it would be sufficiently shielded from the others.

after i taped it back up, i left the ecu out in open of the cabin of the car so i could test it per the manual. something is definitely fishy...it passed every test for that code, but it was questionable. for the test for voltage with a jumper wire in the o2 sensor plug, it was the same voltage with or without the jumper wire. it was actually the same voltage all the time for every test with no variations at all.

so i fired the car back up after the installing the ecu and running the tests, the code is gone for P0132, and now its throwing three more and still stuck in open loop. The other three codes were for the ELD, IAT, and coolant temp sensor. So something is definitely a bust in this wiring. I have an LS OBD2A cabin harness in my garage, i'm really thinking about running the wires to make it work with my car and installing it this winter. I'm not 100% sure on how difficult that will be, but it has to be easier than chasing electrical gremlins in my harness... this shit is really annoying.
post #642 of 706 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Oh, and a few more pics because who doesnt like pics?

Nice sunny day when i was in Pittsburgh for a meeting.

Awesome SAUCE!!!

Deuces!!!
Built_not_bought likes this.
post #643 of 706 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Still driving with my open loop issue, but i did do some work to the car this weekend that wasnt a repair. I added a leather wheelskin cover, and i love it. This is the closest color they had to my interior. It took me about an hour, and i swear half of that time was yelling at the thread to stop getting tangled on everything in site. Which if you do this, that is exactly what the thread does. Anything and everything that happens to be in the car, this thread will get wrapped around. The seat belt latch, the seat adjustment, anything laying on the seats, the turn signal lever, my keys, etc.. etc... My OCD is kicking in with one section of the cover where i didnt pull the threads as tight as i should have and there is a little bit of a gap compared to the rest of the wheel, but nothing i can do about it at this point.

post #644 of 706 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Took a little road trip with the Integra this weekend for my birthday. Me and the fam packed up in the car and drove to Melt Bar and Grilled in Akron Ohio on Saturday. It was something like a 2.5 hour drive. The car drove great, down to one CEL now - the high voltage primary o2 sensor. I think I'm definitely getting older (obviously, it was my birthday),I can no longer stand the exhaust on this car. Putting around here where speed limit is at most 55, RPMs are kept in what i am calling the tolerable range. On the interstate doing almost 80 for 45 minutes or an hour is what i am now calling the absolutely intolerable range. My wife was yelling at me to talk, my ears were slightly ringing when we stopped, and somehow the drone and buzziness kept my son asleep the entire time in his car seat. I'm very much over this exhaust to say the least. but, back to the trip with some pictures.

Heading to the turnpike

Getting into Ohio pretty quickly - by the way, is it Ohio's fault or Pennsylvania's fault that there is an additional toll of $7.45 to get out of Ohio and back into PA? Its either the penalty fee for leaving Ohio, or the fee for the privilege of getting to Pennsylvania lol

Melt!

My wake and bacon sammidge and the wife's korean war pig

A little sunset action on the way home, and the latest mileage reading on the car.

Other than the exhaust and my cruise control not working (still havent diagnosed this one yet), the car was great on the trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page