danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 45 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #617 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
nah no oil there, i replaced all of those seals during the rebuild. all of those seals should have about 6,000 miles or so on them.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #618 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to JDMJNKY
ughhhh here we go w/ the beloved mystery leaks LOL.....Hope not!

1213 AFFILIATION - JDMKIDS | CALI LOVE | AS1 FAMILIA
1213 AFFINITY - Integra Log | NITE GRIND TRANSMISSIONS | GRIPSET | NASTIE GARAGE | CALI LOVE CLOTH. |
post #619 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Got out and about in the car last night. I have a weird hesitation issue that I had once before with this car like 8 years ago. It will hesitate under 2500 rpm and then drive normal. The best way I can explain it is like if you have the ac on up until 2500 rpm and then turn it off. It’s quite noticeable. Unfortunately, to the best of my memory I never did figure out what the issue was last time. It just sort of resolved itself. Hopefully it’s just from sitting for the last 7 months so I stopped and filled up with a fresh tank of 91 octane and threw in some fuel system cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	599ECE27-3D47-4FAE-9DBA-618127BB37C0_1531572598047.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	79678   Click image for larger version

Name:	992DDEB5-B8C6-4E02-8FFC-E1CF74F82FF8_1531572598048.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	79680  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #620 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:28 AM

TPS sensor?
post #621 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

TPS checks out ok, I think the issue is the car is staying in open loop. Id like to think the sensor is not bad already, but maybe I smacked it the wrong way or something g when I was reinstalling the exhaust manifold. As a precaution, I disconnected my air fuel ratio. That thing has been trouble since I got the car back on the road. I would love it if that was the issue. If I can, I will take the car for a test drive tonight. If the problem still persists, I’ll order another upstream oxygen sensor.
post #622 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Here is the luck i'm having with my oil pan gasket.**

I'm going to run it like this for this year and then replace the gasket again this winter.*
post #623 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 12:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This car has been abused. You didn't take care of it when you owned it?
post #624 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ View Post
Is this a serious question?

Or did you skip the first 45 pages and come to the last one?
jjkz24 likes this.
post #625 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by germ View Post

Did you even read the first post that explained the owner he bought it back from?
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
post #626 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Here is a few more updates from this week. Pan is still leaking, no surprise there. I think i have the low RPM hesitation and missing figured out, its stuck in open loop and i think the primary o2 sensor is the culprit.

I ran my scanner and got these results.

Secondary sensor test

Primary sensor test

The car passed inspection and emissions yesterday, so the car is PA legal again. While it was getting inspected, i had them replenish the AC system. Who on here is an AC expert, because i can't figure this out.

I replaced the dryer, compressor, condenser, the o-ring connection points, the evaporator, and the evaporator core.* They removed any remaining oil from the system, put in new oil and new refrigerant (all to spec required by the car).* All of the pressures tested within spec for the outside temps it got to yesterday, but for some reason the air coming out of the vents is only slightly cooler than the outside temperatures.* They messed with it for a little while to make sure it wasnt something obvious, but they couldnt find any reason for the car not to be blowing cold air.* If it is holding the refrigerant, has the proper amount of refrigerant, the compressor is kicking on and off, and the high side and low side pressures are in spec, what would cause the air to not blow colder than what it is?
post #627 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Random guess because it sounds like you checked everything in the system already. Maybe something wrong with the cable itself connected to the slider to move from hot to cold? Just a shot in the dark though.
post #628 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I had the same thought process. I was hoping that was it, but it wasn't. At least it is properly lubricated now though and moves much easier.

Get ready for a whole bunch of text.....

So, I spent a lot of my Saturday and Sunday troubleshooting different things with this car. First, I started with the AC stuff. I rented a set of gauges from AutoZone to hopefully get a little more accurate. Here were the temps, but it was definitely at least 80 in my garage.

I started out by running the car for about 10 minutes with the windows up and the AC on full blast. This was the lowest the temp would go.

So next with the car still running and the AC on, I started feeling the AC lines. The ones that are circled blue were freezing, the ones that are circled red were warm but not hot. This is probably at around 15 minutes of the car running now. So, it looks like the low pressure lines were all freezing and the high pressure lines were warm. I obviously couldn't get to the ones going to the evaporator.

So next I hooked up the gauges.

Here they are with the car running:

And after I shut the car off and left the gauges connected.

I know enough about AC stuff to be dangerous, but I'm trying to learn more. I'm at a loss, it seems like the pressures are right for the given outside temperatures, and the air is cooler than it is outside the car, but it definitely is not as cold as it is supposed to be. If anyone has any other ideas of where I should keep looking, please let me know.

So then I moved onto the stuck in open loop issue. I replaced the oxygen sensor, and the car runs way better. The old sensor (old as in has about 6K miles on it...) was completely black. I'm wondering now if this car was ever getting into closed loop last year now. So after i replaced the sensor I took the car for a drive and through it back on the scanner again. While the car is running much better, it is still not getting into closed loop mode.

I read about making sure the TPS is in spec, so i tested that out again. It is out of spec every so slightly, i'm not sure if this is enough to cause an issue or let alone the closed loop issue i am having. To keep the closed throttle body value in spec, the WOT value ended up being a tad over the 4.5 limit. Does anyone think this is out of spec enough that I should replace the sensor? After adjusting the sensor as much as I could, WOT value was somewhere around 4.65, but the closed throttle was at something like 0.34, and I thought that would give me idle issues so I did not leave it like that.

I don't think it is an issue with the coolant temp sensor, because I am getting readings on my scanner. Again, I am at a loss of what to check next. What sensors/car parts would control if the car goes into closed loop or not besides what was already mentioned? I;m going to test for voltage etc.. at the oxygen sensors next, but I suspect they are getting voltage otherwise there would be a CEL showing up. Whatever it is that is wrong with the car, its not enough to throw a CEL code. If anyone can help with where to go next, please do...I need help!

So, after feeling defeated, I needed to go for a drive and take a pretty picture lol.

post #629 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:56 PM

Per the Hondata Calibration I was using to check my TPS, mine was nearly dead on, but was still having weird issues, I had no CEL or any codes related to it.
post #630 of 706 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
Per the Hondata Calibration I was using to check my TPS, mine was nearly dead on, but was still having weird issues, I had no CEL or any codes related to it.
what kind of issues were you having? Did you end up replacing the TPS?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page