danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 41 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #561 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks 20/20 to me.

Good at 20 ft or 20mph.

Seriously though considering how it started it's pretty damn good.
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Thanks! I like that 20/20, i'm going to use that in the future lol
tony4311 likes this.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
post #563 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

I picked up some parts for something I wanted to attempt with this car at some point, but I picked these up on the cheap so I didn't want to pass up the deal. Hopefully everything is ok, from what I can tell without tearing these apart, the parts I need look to be intact. From what the ad said, these are AP1 headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0308_1508009015814.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	77393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0309_1508009015814.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	77401   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0310_1508009015814.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	77409  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #564 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

So here is a recent pic from the park where i walk my dog. Its starting to get to be that time of year where I do not want to drive the integra on the road anymore. Its getting colder, but no snow in the immediate forecast yet. As soon as they start putting that god awful salt brine on the roads, the teg goes into the garage for winter storage/updates. So, here is what i have planned for the car this winter:

-Replace rear window motors and re-lube the regulators etc...
-Replace the front window motor/regulator assemblies with the new to me ones i picked from a upull yard
-Replace the core support so my bumper fits correctly and my hood closes correctly
-Figure out why my charging ports no longer are receiving power
-Replace some of the exterior window trim pieces with some better conditioned ones i picked from a upull yard
-Replace one A/C hose, the compressor, possibly the condenser? its original to the car so i have no idea how long these last.
-Go back through and re-tighten all suspension bolts. I just recently have been getting a slight knocking sound from the front suspension.
-Replace the oil pan gasket with a myhondahabit gasket, replace the ITR cooler o-ring, and the o-riing around the breather box. I think these are all the culprits of my slight oil seep.
-Complete a DIY Ice box mod using my AEM short ram for the intake pipe.
-install a few various kill switches for additional security.
-attempt to diagnose a weird voltage issue that seems to be related to above and below 42 mph for some reason...
-If funds/time allow, complete my S2000 retrofit.

Getting all of this done this winter is a fairly lofty goal, especially with a 2 week old new born in the house now. The car has treated me quite well considering it basically went to a daily driver status from May until now. I've put a hair over 6,000 miles on the car with a pretty minimal amount of things that needed to be addressed. I think i am over this exhaust though....this canister style muffler has to go. Gas mileage is great, the car runs smooth and shifts smooth, i cant ask for much more than that. Now that i have had a good bit of seat time in the car since the rebuild, i can safely say it is so great to be driving this car again as much as i am. They are such a blast to drive, even just mildly modded like mine. For a brief moment, i was actually thinking of taking all of my engine mods off the car and putting everything related to engine and exhaust back to stock. I think i will keep all of the mods as they are currently and just get rid of the loud exhaust. I need something a tad more tolerable. One thing I found odd throughout my 6,000 mile journey this year is the turning radius, my tacoma double cab has a tighter turning radius than this car. Oh well, that's nitpicking.

Be on the look out for the winter mods!
post #565 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Put mine away already for the year. No snow yet but I get nervous when mid to late November and it's still out. Put it away a couple weeks ago. At least you'll still try to work on it!
post #566 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 View Post
Put mine away already for the year. No snow yet but I get nervous when mid to late November and it's still out. Put it away a couple weeks ago. At least you'll still try to work on it!
Yeah the attempt to work will be there, we shall see if I make good on it. Luckily the two kero heaters I have in the garage keep it tolerable. I'm thinking I will put on my trickle charger and put some stabil in the fuel tank. I don't think I will do much more than that, I plan to start it and run it a bit once a week. If the weather permits, i'll drive around the block once or twice just to get fluids circulated.
post #567 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
Yeah the attempt to work will be there, we shall see if I make good on it. Luckily the two kero heaters I have in the garage keep it tolerable. I'm thinking I will put on my trickle charger and put some stabil in the fuel tank. I don't think I will do much more than that, I plan to start it and run it a bit once a week. If the weather permits, i'll drive around the block once or twice just to get fluids circulated.
i wouldnt waste money on stabil. i dont ever put any in my motorcycles and have zero running issues come spring.
post #568 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

I always use stabil, why not? There's not one draw back from using it, there's a number of things that could happen if you don't.

I used to run mine during storage, then learned it's really better not to.

One of the hardest things on engines is the begining start up. No fluid where it needs to be for those first few seconds. Even worse after it's been sitting for a while. Either do that once at the end of storage or a number of times during. Once that was pointed out to me I stopped.

Other things I do.
Inflate the tires to max to prevent flat spotting.
Wash of course.
Refrigerator arm and hammer boxes to keep moisture down. A couple of fabric softener sheets to help keep it from smelling. I also put one in each wheel. I read somewhere that it helps keep mice away. I can't say for sure if it's true or not but I've caught mice in traps in my garage so I do it anyway...and put a trap under the car. Really don't want one of those things chewing up wires! I change the oil before storage too. Figure it's better to sit clean.
danteisme and 9TechNine9 like this.
post #569 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

These are good tips, i'll start really winterizing the car this week.

I received a notification of an integra sedan at the upull yard near me, so of course i make a trip up there. The car was in decent shape, but the interior was near flawless. Wrong color, but i took some items that were in much better shape than the ones on my car. I took the metal exterior trim above the windows, all four door weather strippings were in perfect shape, the shift boot, near perfect condition oem good glass for the passenger side, and a few other items. I made it really easy for whoever gets to that car next. all door panels are removed and placed inside the car, all of the trim etc.. i didnt use is in the car, and i put all of the screws in the same places. Someone who wants dark gray panels etc.. will just need to walk up to the car, open the door, and take them lol.
post #570 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 AM
Super BunchaNumbers

Always a little sad to part for the season but worth it.
post #571 of 715 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

I started removing some stuff from the car to get clear access to the core support.

I also started messing with my intake project. Itís going to be close, and Iíll have to do some trial and error to make it what I want. I bought this cheapo ebay intake to measure and cut and mangle so I only need to cut my aem intake pipe once. I took a bunch of pics, you can see the fitment is off, but I feel like it will work with some persuasion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4417C634-E69B-4EFB-AD47-0FFCB428757C_1514850326849.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	78233   Click image for larger version

Name:	957061FA-B7AF-4C6E-A957-85D7F69DD5E0_1514850659748.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	78241   Click image for larger version

Name:	0A3E7013-0FAD-4ACD-BB0C-A133E03180A6_1514850659748.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	78249   Click image for larger version

Name:	EDA10ED6-C98A-46AE-B021-0279A5D99627_1514850659748.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	78257   Click image for larger version

Name:	5849B8F3-799B-4AE9-95EB-902F02B316B2_1514850659748.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	78265  

post #572 of 715 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

So i was browsing Craiglist the other day for teg parts (because i do that often lol) and i came across some floormats. After i contacted the owner of the ad, i realized the area code looked way off. Somehow, i jumped over to the harrisburg CL. After talking to the guy, he agreed he would ship them to me. Now, these are for a coupe, so they dont fit perfect but they do fit quite well. Best part, they are brand new. I mean, look at the rubber backing, no wear dirt or anything else. Well worth the $50!

post #573 of 715 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Nother nother update....got some work in on the car this weekend.

i jumped to the rear window motors because they are dead as door nails. I also turned my attention to addressing some of the trim and replacing the destroyed weather stripping around the door. Here are some pics:

I'll be making a new moisture barrier for the door after i'm all done.

Also replacing my scratched up door glass with some non scratched up door glass (still oem glass).

And i found out why my windows are getting all scratched up, check out the back of the lower trim.

The replacement trim is just as bad. I'm having a hard time finding if you can order just these replacement pads from honda. I think i might have found it for the fronts, but i'm not sure about the rear. I'm gonna just order one and see what shows up. If i cant use it on the rear, any ideas on what i can use the cover these up so the glass slides on something other than metal??

Here is what i found on acura's breakdown

Window regulator out, cleaned up and re-greased. They leave out an important step in the manual, unless i completely missed it. These things are super spring loaded lol i pinched my fingers between the gears when i removed the old window motor.

i also replaced these in the door, mine were pretty worn and the set i got from the junkard were a little bit better. I fluffed up the fabric with a nylon brush before reinstalling.

i'm waiting on re-installing everything until i figure out a good solution to keep the glass off of those metal portions that used to have the pad to slide on, but its still progress.

EDIT: Someone on honda-tech shared this link with me on window felt replacements. I figured i would share it here because i'm sure i'm not the only one that has to replace these things.
http://stores.restorationspecialties...g-tape-liners/
post #574 of 715 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Successful Upull it Yard trip this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page