danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 40 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #547 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quick integra update. She still running really good, oil leaks aside. Hit 3,000 miles since the rebuild on my way into work this morning. I plan on changing the oil this weekend and sending it off to Blackstone for analysis. I probably won't need to keep changing it at 3,000 miles but i'll wait to see what the analysis says. Also on a downside, I've been hearing this sound coming from the passenger rear of the vehicle. I thought at first i had a stuck caliper, it sort of sounded like a pad was dragging. So i disassembled the rear brakes, reset the piston and put everything back together. Sound was still persistent. It has been progressively getting worse, so last night i pulled everything apart again. I spun the hub and it was notchy, did not move freely, and once i spun it fast enough i could tell that was the source of my noise. What the crap Timken, 3,000 miles and the bearing is toast? I checked to see if it was under warranty, but it only has a 12 month warranty and i purchased the part back in 2015. I guess that would be my luck to get a defect from the manufacturer. So, i'll have to place an order for another wheel bearing. At least its the rear and i can change that out myself pretty easily. Still, its frustrating...

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #548 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Oh geeze, i completely forgot about the other update. So, I don't like to talk about my personal life on forums too much. You may remember a ways back last year i had mentioned i was going to be a dad. Well, that ended not coming to be, it was a really depressing time at our house. But, I get to say it again. I will be a dad in December 2017. My wife and i recently picked out a name, and she wanted to do a car themed nursery (love her lol). She had a sign made with his name and she had the person designing the sign put an integra on either side of the sign. Turned out so good!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	76522   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	76530  
dpaton, atkinsonar and 9TechNine9 like this.
post #549 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
awesome sign. Both sorry and congrats. Bonus of a 4 door, good kid hauler. I was doing ok with 1 in my hatch. The fixed seat was a pain with just one. Didn't even try once two got here.
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #550 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Condolences and congratulations! Parenthood is amazing.

As for seats...

I managed a Chicco Keyfit 30 for years in a coupe. I managed the same with a fixed back seat (2 kids) in both a coupe and a sedan for years after. Now I'm back in a coupe with a booster and a belt positioning booster. Biggest issue is I'm tall and my youngest complains about legroom. Hondas will all baby, you just need to be careful about your lifting angles. I may or may not have thrown out my back, with a heavy kid in a carrier, swinging him in and out of the back of my 2dr.
danteisme likes this.

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX daily -> 1991 CRX HF (YT)

Integra friends are the best friends.
post #551 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 View Post
awesome sign. Both sorry and congrats. Bonus of a 4 door, good kid hauler. I was doing ok with 1 in my hatch. The fixed seat was a pain with just one. Didn't even try once two got here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
Condolences and congratulations! Parenthood is amazing.

As for seats...

I managed a Chicco Keyfit 30 for years in a coupe. I managed the same with a fixed back seat (2 kids) in both a coupe and a sedan for years after. Now I'm back in a coupe with a booster and a belt positioning booster. Biggest issue is I'm tall and my youngest complains about legroom. Hondas will all baby, you just need to be careful about your lifting angles. I may or may not have thrown out my back, with a heavy kid in a carrier, swinging him in and out of the back of my 2dr.
Thanks guys. I am definitely glad I have the DB now lol. I was thinking of having the dealer install those child seat tethers or whatever they are called. The ones that came in the 2000 and 2001 models. Since mine is a 96, i have no such things. Unless i find the installation guide, then i'll just order the parts and do it myself.
dpaton likes this.
post #552 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
Thanks guys. I am definitely glad I have the DB now lol. I was thinking of having the dealer install those child seat tethers or whatever they are called. The ones that came in the 2000 and 2001 models. Since mine is a 96, i have no such things. Unless i find the installation guide, then i'll just order the parts and do it myself.
I put them in my 98. It takes longer to find the hole then to install the anchor. Super easy.
post #553 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I put them in my 98. It takes longer to find the hole then to install the anchor. Super easy.
Oh that's all it is? I didn't realize the hole was already there. I thought I had to make the hole.
post #554 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

So the ol' Acura made me late for work today. *I couldnt even leave it at home and take my truck because my truck is currently up on jackstands lol. *I thought something was really wrong with the car. *All i have to say is a bad battery will make your car do some really weird shit lol
dpaton and atkinsonar like this.
post #555 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Bah. I need to really pay attention to those parking bumpers when I'm driving the car. My truck doesn't need to worry about how tall those things are, my car does lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0248_1506455501498.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	77058  
post #556 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 10:29 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Doh!
post #557 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Got my oil analysis back from Blackstone. Seems to be pretty good, not sure what would cause the additional silicone they mention though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	96 INTEGRA-170916.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	77234  
post #558 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Got my oil analysis back from Blackstone. Seems to be pretty good, not sure what would cause the additional silicone they mention though.
They gave you the two most common sources. I'm betting it's one of those.

I had one sample sent through a mass spectrometer to ID the source of some junk in my oil a long time ago. Turned out it was Hondabond residue.
post #559 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
They gave you the two most common sources. I'm betting it's one of those.

I had one sample sent through a mass spectrometer to ID the source of some junk in my oil a long time ago. Turned out it was Hondabond residue.
I re-read that analysis, I have no idea what i was thinking when i read leftover sealer in the oil. It just clicked now when you said Hondabond lol, I bet that is a heavy contributor.
post #560 of 715 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

So we are approaching the 4,000 mile mark since back on the road, and i have not taken any pics of the car. I took my dog to a nearby park on sunday and i snapped a couple of quick pics as we walked past. Still in the looks good from far but far from good phase lol

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	346.8 KB
ID:	77338   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	77346  
MorningZ likes this.

Last edited by MorningZ; 10-09-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Put images inline

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page