danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 39 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #533 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Awesome that it's up and running enough to use!
danteisme likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #534 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So, I'm going to try and get to work on the A/C stuff in the car now that i've seen the weather that we have coming up. The compressor leaked out all of it's oil, and thanks to a honda-tech member i have a new to me compressor i can install. *I hooked a gauge up on my car to see if it was reading anything in the lines, it was reading a hair above zero psi on the gauge. *I'm debating if i should take the car somewhere to have it all evacuated or assume the gauge is accurate and just start disconnecting stuff. *If the A/C compressor doesnt engage, will those A/C gauges read accurately? *I'm assuming the compressor isnt engaging due to no oil and no refrigerant in the lines.*

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
post #535 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

So i've got about 600 miles on the teg now. i went through over the weekend and double checked all of the suspension bolts to make sure they were still tight. only 1 or 2 were a tad loose. 2 small issues have presented themselves. I was at a traffic light yesterday and i got a smell of burning oil. Like, oil hitting something hot type of burning. So i put the car up on ramps and looked underneath. there is a slight oil seep at the oil pan gasekt right next to the transmission. i thought maybe it was just a loose bolt, so i grabbed a 10mm and went to tighten it but it was already very tight. i'm thinking i may have over tightened that bolt and the one next to it and now the gasket is squished. as long as it stays a slight seep, i'm not gonna worry about it for now. Its just annoying because whatever drips off is landing on the exhaust manifold.

the other issue a possible sensor issue...maybe. My VAFC2 usually reads about 14.5 volts. However, after the car warms up, as i apply the throttle the voltage dips down to about 12.8 or 12.7 according to the gauge. i'm not sure where the VAFC gets its voltage reading from, if it is from the alternator or from the battery. * When i lift off the throttle, it goes back to bout 14.5. Along with this, sometimes in 2nd and 3rd gear if i'm very light on the throttle (less than 10%), i get some minor hesitation and bucking. At the same time, the volts are dropping. i'm wondering if the TPS sensor is no good and is affecting the volt reading and is causing the hesitation and bucking? Its not a well known brand TPS, so it may be just a cheap part that is causing the problem.

any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #536 of 715 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Bah, car was doing great until today. Fog lights randomly stopped working, and they worked last night. Left turn signal is hit or miss, and now there is a huge pile of oil under the car when i went to take it out today. I'm gonna try and put the car up on the ramps tonight and see what is going on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #537 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

I thought maybe I should post an update. TPS issue is solved, a friend from Honda Tech sent me a GSR TPS (OEM) and it solved the weird hesitation issues and the random volt read out jumping.

The fog light issue was odd, somehow both bulbs burned out within a day of each other. I spent so much time checking voltage etc.. because I thought there is no way both bulbs burned out. Sure enough, that was the issue, so that is fixed.

The oil issue turned out not to be an issue at all. I guess there was still a good bit of oil dripping down off of other things from when I did the oil change. I still have a slight seep at the front of the oil pan where the gasket meets the block, but that is livable.

Lets see what else....I bought 2 new rear window motors that I intend to install at some point. I keep putting them off. The car has about 2000 miles on it now, I've been daily driving it at least 5 days a week now. I still drive my truck or at least move it the other 2 days so nothing odd starts to happen to it from sitting. I need to redo my door inserts, the glue did not like the above 90 degree temps the other week. They started showing signs of popping off and sagging, then the one completely fell off so I just removed all of them for now. I'll have to get some better glue I guess.

Oh, i also purchased this:

I had no idea this place was sending a legit entire quarter from the car. Rust free, a little damage but nothing I can't fix. I think thats really everything I've been up to for the last couple of months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	76058   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	534.2 KB
ID:	76066  
MorningZ and 9TechNine9 like this.

Last edited by MorningZ; 08-10-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Fixed your images
post #538 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Next pay check, I was thinking about ordering up a new steering wheel wrap from here: https://www.handa-accessories.com/civic98.html

When I bought the car 14 years ago (holy crap that is a long time ago), it came with an oem steering wheel wrap. I removed it a few years later just because it was getting chewed up pretty bad. Fast forward to now, now the steering wheel itself is looking pretty rough. The air bag area and center of the wheel looks line, the wear is just where hands have been for all these years lol. I see that I can order a tan-ish one or I can get a black one. I've been doing the black and tan theme in the car, but I'm not sure how "off" a black wrap would look around the tan wheel. Any opinions?
post #539 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I'd say color choice would depend on how much of this black/tan theme you have going on, specifically in the driver side dash area

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
post #540 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
I'd say color choice would depend on how much of this black/tan theme you have going on, specifically in the driver side dash area
Unfortunately this is the best picture i have showing my interior scheme. The door panel inserts were done in black, there are some carbon fiber bits i added like around the vents, window switches and the center console area around the shifter. Since this picture i also added black door pulls to replace the tan ones. I'm 50-50 on the tan vs. black myself, so I thought I would get some other opinions too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1BD0DB76-5943-4E27-9653-0940AD0102D0_zpsumsepc1i.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	76074  
post #541 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
If it was me, I'd go with the black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #542 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

I think I just found what has made up my mind. I went digging through my old photos and I found one I took maybe a week or two after i bought the car in 2003. Its really grainy, but there is the oem black wrap on the wheel.

looking at my old photos, i could really kick my self for giving away those tan leather seats and the oem floor mats lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	int..jpg
Views:	23
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	76082  
post #543 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

well, its pay day and of course the world has other plans for my money other than the wheel wrap... my truck's front calipers are seized, and i think being able to stop a double cab truck is more important than getting the steering wheel wrap for the teg. the truck is probably protesting me not driving it more than once a week lately.

back to integra stuff... i noticed there is some oil seeping out from this connection on the factory breather box. the pcv valve was replaced, and that area and the hose is dry. What would make this other connection seep oil? Kind of a bad pic, its hard to get a phone in this area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	76290  
post #544 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

I think i see where most of my oil leak is coming from now. the backside of that breather box is wet with oil and it looks like it is running down the back of the block and landing on the exhaust manifold. In addition to that, my ITR oil cooler also seems to have a slight seep and that is also running down and hitting the exhaust manifold. It smells lovely... When i installed the cooler, i bought all new hoses and o-ring and also during my tear down, i removed that breather box and replaced the o-ring where it "snaps" into place on the block. It looks like i will have to do this again. How do i replace the o-ring on the oil cooler and have it not leak? I torqued it to spec in the manual. Same goes for the breather box. I don't recall seeing anything to tighten down specifically to that o-ring, so I'm not sure how I could have messed up that install.

Also, I took this past Friday off of work. Someone let me know that there was an integra at a local u-pull yard. Found this guy and immediately started tearing stuff off. I took some odds and ends interior pieces and clips, the headliner, the one door panel (someone trashed the other ones), the driver's sides door glass (someone trashed the passenger sides) the cruise control switch, i tried taking the one a/c line but the bolts are waay to rusted and rounded to get anything on, i got the window motors and regulators, the rear door vapor barriers (surprisingly intact) , some bumper clips, and a couple of other odds and ends for a little less than $100. I'm super happy about the door glass. its all OEM honda glass still and no visible scratches. Mine are all scratched to hell and back because those little felt pads are toast i think. So i also grabbed all of those of this car too lol. I think i will go back and get the sunroof. I don't need it, but it is in really great condition and it is too cheap not to get it. Especially since i did all of the work already removing the headliner.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0125.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	480.8 KB
ID:	76362  
9TechNine9 likes this.
post #545 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
score. hell I'd grab the bumper cover too if you have room.
post #546 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony4311 View Post
score. hell I'd grab the bumper cover too if you have room.
I would have, but the front was torn up from them bringing it in on a fork lift, and the back had a big crack on the passenger side.

I was surprised how nice for the most part this car was from the bottom of the doors up (with the exception of the rust spots in the rear quarters). BUT, man the underside of this thing looked way worse than mine did when i got it back. It really looked like it would not take much effort at all to go through anything structural underneath this car. It was rusted baaaaaad underneath.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page