danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 37 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #505 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i'm hoping to get back to the car this weekend. i picked up a radiator from advance and i have a nice little list of stuff i'd really like to get done with the car this weekend. nothing too crazy or too time consuming, but if i get done what i want to get done, it will take a significant chunk out of my "to finish" list.

one of those items would be finishing up the install on the side skirts. is there some trick to getting these to sit properly? i feel like they should be able to move back about another half an inch or so to line up with the body lines of the car, but they wont budge. not even with a rubber mallet. i can post a pic later of what i'm talking about.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #506 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
one of those items would be finishing up the install on the side skirts. is there some trick to getting these to sit properly? i feel like they should be able to move back about another half an inch or so to line up with the body lines of the car, but they wont budge. not even with a rubber mallet. i can post a pic later of what i'm talking about.
If I remember correctly I believe there are clips that hold in the side skirts and its a b***h to get them to sit perfectly. You have to line them up with w/e they clip into from the get go or they will not seat perfectly. Hope that helps!
post #507 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Well, I did get some work done this weekend. but, work started blocking photobucket again so i'll have to upload photos later. lame...

Things accomplished though: replaced hood latch cable with a new one, cleaned the filthy hood latch assembly, mounted stereo system stuff, swapped out radiators and bought new hose clamps to hopefully stop a leak the car has, fought with the sideskirts some more, wired up the hood's alarm sensor, and i finished the wiring on the fog lights. BUT, i need to find a better ground. I think i need to sand down more of the chassis saver, the location i picked isnt grounding the lights. everything else works though when i ground the lights straight back to the battery.

I'm saving my wiring issue at the ECU for last, so that way i have nothing else i need to worry about and can concentrate only on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #508 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Nothing like waiting the entire week to upload the photos from the previous weekend's work...i suck at this lol. So here are the pics i wanted to upload this week:

First i removed the hood latch assembly and started to clean it. I didnt get a total before picture, but you can see what i was working with...

Old radiator out

Finished up the hood sensor for the alarm

oh yeah, ripped out this old hood release cable and installed a new one

oooooh its so clean now!

i still need to adjust it. i closed the hood and it wouldnt give it back when i pulled the lever. so it needs to come up a bit.

you can see where the old rad was leaking from when i removed the fans

new rad in complete with dual hose clamps on either end of both of the rad hoses. hopefully this will stop the slow seep of coolant.

finished up my woooooooofer install. please ignore the trunk mess

and onto the sideskirts
passenger side rear, it sure looks like it should come back more and be more even with the fender lip

passenger side front. looking at this, i'm not sure how much further back it can go.

driver's rear ended up in almost the exact same spot.

driver's front, again looking at this, i'm not sure how much further back it can really go.

so thats my pics from last weekend, just in time for more weekend work. do the stock sideskirts sit flush at the rear? looking at the fronts, it doesnt seem like they are long enough to do that. are they supposed to sit a little forward from the rear wheel arch?
9TechNine9 likes this.
post #509 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Work accomplished this weekend: side skirts are 99% installed along with the front mud guards. New throttle positions sensor installed and calibrated to 0.5 volts closed throttle. I was not able to check open throttle because I didn't have a good way to mash the gas and check the sensor read out. I definitely had a bad sensor on the car though, it took no time at all to get this sensor calibrated. I also fixed the ground for the fog lights so my jdm fog lights work once again. I'm having a heck of time with this hood though.... before i removed and cleaned the latch, the hood operated correctly. It just didnt pop correctly due to the junk cable. So now that i have the latch cleaned, I cannot get the hood to latch now. According to the noises I'm hearing and what I'm seeing, it's like the hood is too far forward. BUT I did not change anything with the hood. I checked the hood hinge bolts and I cannot move them back any further. I'm not sure how else to adjust this latch assembly and the hood. This pictures shows whats going on, look at the paint chipping away from the latch on the hood smacking into it...

Any ideas on getting this thing properly aligned?

Next steps: This upcoming weekend I'm going to work at the wires at the ECU again and get that nonsense straightened out. I also plan to buy all new bulbs for the rear indicator lights and buy new wipers so i can put the wiper arms back on the car. And also HOPEFULLY get this hood situation straightened out.
post #510 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dante, not sure if this is possible... but maybe you have coupe sideskirts instead of sedan. Weird that they are that short, maybe worth your time to measure them and go to the local junkyard to see if they are the same length.
post #511 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TechNine9 View Post
Dante, not sure if this is possible... but maybe you have coupe sideskirts instead of sedan. Weird that they are that short, maybe worth your time to measure them and go to the local junkyard to see if they are the same length.
Oh I got the sideskirt issue worked out. They are the sedan skirts, they are the same ones I painted like 10 years ago lol. I sprayed some silicone lubricant on the clips on the car and where the clips slide in on the sideskirts and it's all good now. With the exception that i clearly botched something on the wheel arch repair on the passenger side....I'm not sure how thought since it lines up everywhere else. It's about 1/2" inch off with the side skirt. Makes me mad but there isn't anything I can do about it now.
post #512 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Regarding the hood latch - were you having issues opening up the hood prior to cleaning it?

1999 Adriatic Blue Pearl DB8
1995 Frost White DC4 SE - 2006-2014
1990 Rio Red DA9 RS - 2002-2006
post #513 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I was not having issues with the hood itself. The issues were with the cable. The cable was so loose that when I would pull the handle back it would stay in that position. So I went to change out the cable, then I realized how dirty the latch was and I should probably clean it, and it went down hill from there lol
post #514 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
I was not having issues with the hood itself. The issues were with the cable. The cable was so loose that when I would pull the handle back it would stay in that position. So I went to change out the cable, then I realized how dirty the latch was and I should probably clean it, and it went down hill from there lol
Lol, just wondering because I have to prop up my hood release latch in the cabin with something while I try to pop up the hood. It's a pain lol.
post #515 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra-evan View Post
Lol, just wondering because I have to prop up my hood release latch in the cabin with something while I try to pop up the hood. It's a pain lol.
sounds like that latch is sticking maybe. is there a lot of slack in the cable? if you do go to remove the latch to clean it out or whatever, dont mark your reference points with a sharpie. When you clean the latch you clean the markings...ask me how i know lol
integra-evan likes this.
post #516 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM

Lol, they can always be marked with a scribe or similar pointy object.
post #517 of 715 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

I think I'll pull the front bumper off the car again this weekend and try to get a better look at what is going on with my latch assembly. At least i'll have better access to it.
post #518 of 715 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

I am having a hell of a time with this hood, the stupid thing WILL NOT line back up to anything remotely close to where it should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page