danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 32 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #435 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
Congrats on the news, will be a game and schedule changer for sure! Liking the progress on the car.
danteisme likes this.

13 Ford Explorer (Wifes)
02 HD V-Rod (latest toy)
95 Acura Integra GSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #436 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'd imagine the sedans are the same but the 94-97 don't have any body lines on the mirrors. That didn't start until 98.

Congrats on the kid. Car seats fit fine on the 2 door although it doesn't leave much for the shotgun seat so I imagine the sedan will be even better.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
post #437 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Interesting. I thought it was something that started with the 96+ because they are original to the car since i've owned it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #438 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

post #439 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Just a couple of quick things i worked on this weekend. the body work is taking a lot longer to get finalized than i had originally thought.

Pic of the front brakes and suspension all put together. i almost forgot i still need to install the front sway bar

my mis-matched mirrors

pics of my re-installed my door panels, oooooh custom.

ignore the wiring mess. i'm still sorting this out and chasing bad wires.

after installing the door panels, i also found out that my rear window motors are completely dead. as far as i know, they have never been replaced so they are 20 years old. so are the fronts. the fronts work so-so. but i can't get the rears to move. so by the time this is back on the road, i shouldnt need to worry about getting the rear windows down this year, but this is something else that will get added to my winter to-do list.

and after a little more cutting and grinding, this patch piece will be ready to be installed. even though this isnt close, its exciting NOT seeing into the trunk lol

no pictures, but i also assembled my rear trailing arms to about the 80% level. however, i cannot find my rear brake caliper bracket bolts anywhere. they have run off. i dont think i need to order oem bolts for this. i looked them up on delray's website, and it looks like they are 10mmx28mm long. it doesnt list the thread pitch though. i was going to stop at advanced on my way home after work today and pick up four bolts. Does anyone know what the pitch of those botls are? if not, no big deal. i can check when i get home and then run out and get them. EDIT: got the caliper bolts figured out.

also, now that i have my new wiper cowl clips in and i tried to re-install them, i think i need to trim the weather stripping in installed on the cowl. it is way too thick, i cant get the clips to stay clipped. doh!
post #440 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 11:46 AM

I have an extra set of cgp mirrors you can have if you need them. They are off a sedan that i was hoping would work on my coupe but didn't. They are 96+. One of the mirrors have cracked glass on them but if you want i can send you just the bases.
post #441 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

which mirror is cracked? i plan on respraying the whole car hopefully 2017 so the mis matched bases dont bother me. BUT, i may want those mirrors anyways for extra parts
post #442 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
which mirror is cracked? i plan on respraying the whole car hopefully 2017 so the mis matched bases dont bother me. BUT, i may want those mirrors anyways for extra parts
Passenger side is cracked
post #443 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

crap, that's the one i need
post #444 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.........

i attempted to finish up my final trimming of my patch panel last night and i screwed up bad. *i must have bumped it after i had it lined up and loosely clamped. *i sharpied where i needed to make my final trimmings and now its off by a good bit. *i am so pissed at myself. *bahgasdg.

i think i can tweak a couple things and make it work, its not the way i wanted to do it at all, but once the body work is completed it shouldn't be noticeable. *i don't even want to post pics of it, its embarrassing. *hopefully it will turn out to be alright. *there is now quite a gap i need to close.

on a good note, the issue with all of the gauge lights is solved. *work for the rest of this week will be determining my plan of action with the passenger quarter, working on the wiring issue at the computer, and getting ready to cut out the bad on the driver's quarter. *after 90% completing the passenger side, i think i will be trying a different tactic on the driver's side. *replacing the least amount of metal as possible sounded good thinking it out, but its making it hard to line things up and properly secure it to the car. *
post #445 of 715 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

unfortunately, i have a bunch of no good updates...i had to re-focus my work on the car. *Well, maybe one good update. the passenger side outer panel is going to work fine despite my original freakout. I remember now why I was skeptical of the driver's side quarter panel i got. *I took a closer look of it over the weekend, and it is junk. *Complete junk.... *i really don't think i can use any of it. *Which really, REALLY throws of this car's schedule... *i knew it was bad, but i didnt realize how bad until i started grinding. as soon as the grinder hit it and worked through the paint, it instantly started throwing white dust around. *its all body filler, it has been repaired once..and not well at that. *I kept grinding through the wheel arch area to find some spot welds, and its all junk. *Because of how it was repaired, its all rusted out. *It was repaired with booger welds and some weird glue. *it could be panel adhesive that no one bothered to finish. *It's not much better than the one on my car now to tell you the truth. *I'm really bummed out about this.

looks good from far, see all that white? *Body filler.

There is a spot weld under here somewhere

there should be a bumper mounting tab here

JUNK

so like i said, i had to refocus my work for the weekend... *i shaved off the front bumper license plate mounts and filled those in. *i also sanded the bumper repair to get ready for the flexible body filler

installed my replica lip. *not a huge fan of how it mounts, but i can make some additional mounts for it.

wiper cowl installed.

short strand body filler applied to where the side mouldings used to be.

after it hardened and was all sanded down, i applied a thin bit of standard body filler to smooth it out. *still have to sand this out.

trying to track down an affordable outer panel replacement. *waiting to hear a response from a couple of places. *shipping is the killer.
MorningZ likes this.
post #446 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

quick update and some good news.

the front bumper is almost "done" repair wise. i need to readjust the lip and actually mount the bumper to the car.
hood is installed but needs aligned a bit.
body work for the shaved door mouldings is basically done.

i'm working with a member on honda-tech right now that is nearby a salvage yard out on the west coast. he is getting me a quarter panel for my driver's side repairs and will ship it to me. super helpful guy.

while i'm waiting on that piece, i will finish up work with the ecu wiring(which is turning into a complete nightmare) re-assembling the rear suspension, and installing the gas tank etc... hopefully when that is all finished i'll have the new to me quarter panel on hand and that should be the last piece of the puzzle.

i'm sure once i actually go to fire this up, i will have to start a new list of things to be done. quick couple pics for now:

the reason i need a driver's panel...
post #447 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

I'd be impressed if nothing leaked once you added all the fluids as far as a second list goes.
post #448 of 715 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

That makes two of us. If leaks are the worst i have to deal with, i'll be a happy camper

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page