i think i would have got more done this weekend if it were not for 2 things. spending over 2 hours working on my brother in law's wrx, and still waiting for parts from acura.
i cant attach the pics yet either, my photobucket is being dumb this morning. so here is what got accomplished this weekend.
-re-sprayed valve cover with the wrinkle black paint. it came out better, but its still not great. definitely a good from far, far from good kind of paint job. next time i have the valve cover off or if i pick up an extra one, i'll re-do the wrinkle finish again.
-started re-installing the power steering system. its been so long since the car has had power steering, i'm kind of surprised it all fits in there. after laying all of the hoses etc.. out, it just seems like it cant all fit in there with all of the coolant hoses etc...
-installed the shifter bushings in the shift linkage (energy suspension kit).
-removed the old outer tie rods (lots of heat via a torch finally got these things off), i'll rent the tool this week for the inner tie rods.
-installed new bando drive belts
-after curing for 48 hours, installed new valve cover gasket and appurtenances with the valve cover
-installed new cap/rotor/plugs and wires
-installed the clutch disc and pressure plate
-and lastly i "plugged" the holes where the door mouldings used to be. i finally tried out my panel bonding adhesive, this stuff seems to work pretty good. i cut approximately 1"x 2" metal squares, prepped both surfaces, and then basically glued them in place with the adhesive. 'll just need to sand off the excess material on the outside, add some bondo and smooth out the doors.
oh, i also used the same method to shave off the antenna hole as well.
i'm STILL waiting for my freakin parts from acura. i really , really need the new clutch fork spring so i can re-install the transmission. i think at that point, i'll really feel like the car is coming together.
found a couple more parts i need. i need the upper power steering pump bracket. i picked a set off of ebay only to realize that it is for an LS motor. DOH! i also found out that the bumper cover i purchased last year off CL is cracked in quite a few places. the grille work is all cracked and broken. i'll try to re-sell it on CL and label it as perfect for cutting up and running a front mount intercooler. the rest of the bumper is fine, but not going to work for me.
EDIT: Photobucket is finally working again for me
Drive belts routed and power steering started
my bleh valve cover
cap, rotor, wires, clutch
hard to tell, but these are the "filled" moulding holes
shaved antenna hole, or at least the beginnings of it.
the mess i'm trying to re-plumb and re-route...
another shot of the bleh valve cover. its good enough for now.