danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread - Page 11 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
MOAR PARTS!!!

i dont want to jinx anything so i'm not going to say anything. look for updates this weekend

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 02:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy cow its amazing what people will do for their vehicles! Its nice you got your baby back!!!

Wicked thread man, time well spent at work lol
danteisme likes this.
post #143 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by besTeggy View Post
Holy cow its amazing what people will do for their vehicles! Its nice you got your baby back!!!

Wicked thread man, time well spent at work lol
thanks! if this was my only vehicle, this would never be possible. but since it isnt, i figure may as well do it right or not at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Didnt snap any pics, but i did get work done. Of course, it was not without the usual setbacks. I'm now playin the game of "i took these parts off the car two weeks ago, where the hell did i put them...." I spent a good portion of today trying to track down where i put the front shock forks. They still havent turned up yet. And three broken bolts in the rear of the car laughed at my drill. Oh well, i did get some things accomplished.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #145 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

this is getting more than annoying....i cannot locate my shock forks anywhere. i took them off the car a few weeks ago, prepped and rust treated them, painted them, then put them in my garage. then that is the last i can remember seeing them. i'm considering picking up another set off ebay so i dont hold myself up, but i know as soon as i do that i'll find them
post #146 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Alright, time is not on my side now that december is basically here. My goal now is to just get the car rolling to put it in the garage. I'm going to start putting things on the car just for moving purposes and then install them 100% once its under cover. I will have the front of the car done today. I did run into a brake line problem on the passenger side yesterday that i will need to address when its in the garage. The brake line nut is rounded and i cant get it to separate from the brake hose. danteisme's 1996 DB8-Found and Rebuild Thread-imageuploadedbyag-free1417360716.130970.jpg

This looks like it will be a huge pita

post #147 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Your using flare nut wrenches on the brake lines correct? If not get a set
post #148 of 715 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Yeah thats the worst part. It was rounding with the flare wrenches. Wouldnt budge.

post #149 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

my Sunday progress. ran into a few issues, the main issue being that rusted up brake line that i will need to address eventually. the other being the position of the shocks in the spring assembly. my air compressor is dead so i assembled the springs at my parents house. well, now that i have put them on the car, the brake hose mounts arent quite where they need to be. i'll get that straightened out when the car is in the garage.

need to get the rear trailing arms assembled and throw the wheels on and get a team of people to push the car up the alley and back into the garage. i'll just zip tie up the parking cables and anything else that happens to be hanging down not bolted where it should be yet. once it is under roof, i can fix the little issues with the suspension and then really tear into the rest of the car.

post #150 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

also got most of the garage ready for the car. most of the wiring is finished, still need to reboard the one section by the breaker box, i fixed all of the leaks in the siding, just need to clean out a few misc. things and put some more stuff on the second floor of the garage (dear god is that second floor handy lol) might need to scoot the bikes over a tad more too.

post #151 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

stupid question because i cant remember now....the parts have been off the car for so long. the brake hose mounts on the front shock assemblies, do they face towards the front of the car or towards the rear of the car? i want to make sure i get it right when i get the car in the garage so i dont have issues routing my brake hoses later.
post #152 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:38 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
danteisme likes this.

Last edited by MorningZ; 12-02-2014 at 02:42 PM.
post #153 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

you rock!
post #154 of 715 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

got some good news relating to getting parts. found out this week our xmas bonus will be going into my bank acct, and next month i just realized i get 3 pays instead of the usual 2. both of those combined i'll be able to get a lot of the bigger parts on my list and a new clutch for my truck (its not happy right now). none of this helps me get the car in the garage faster, but who doesnt love getting parts for a build?
drmix likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in