Newt Gomez' K20A DC4 Build Log - Page 5 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #57 of 325 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@drmix they recommended a precision intercooler so thats what I am going with. It's garage 808 and they are the go to place for hondas in the near area. It will cool better so Im kind of over it. It will be nice to be on the ramen diet for another month again!
drmix likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #58 of 325 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quick update...
Called them yesterday and they have the head back on and the rod bolts done. Apparently my skunk2 header got cracked on a flange which my guess would be because it was the alpha series and it was solid mounted for about a week when I got it. They are just gonna use my intercooler since ordering one would take a while. The other concern they have is about my Forge wastegate actuator and they think it might possibly put out a big amount of boost. I don't know what kind of spring is in it but im hoping it doesnt go over 10psi. They also said I should invest in better gauges later on which I figured I would have to since they are 40 bucks a gauge. I will have the car back before saturday evening which will be great because it just started raining again...
post #59 of 325 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Good news, everyone!

I got my car back saturday evening and boy is it a kick in the pants!

They tuned it at a safe 230whp and 208 ft-lbs of torque! It turns out that my intercooler is in fact too small. The exhaust temps are way too high to run hard so I have been taking it easy for now until I can order a good one on wednesday! These guys slaved away for countless nights and worked pass shop hours and I truly appreciate the work they did!

Here's some charts and stuff!!!

It has a 3 inch downpipe and a 2.5 inch cat back and it is quiet as stock is until you hit boost. It's running 10 psi and holds it there until redline due to the aftermarket wastegate actuator!

They did have to put on a new FPR and a MAP sensor that could handle the boost. All in all, it was all worth it!
drmix, DannyDCTeg and Luke_VTEC like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #60 of 325 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:21 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Numbers arent too bad! Any videos? You going to upgrade anything else besides the intercooler?
post #61 of 325 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

@drmix Ill get a video one of these days I have off, but the HKS sounds so righteous!

I'm going to invest in better gauges, traction bar, new daily tires, and possibly new axles. I still want to get my wheels hydrodipped blue one of these days.
drmix likes this.
post #62 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

So I put in a fire extinguisher and took a picture while my brother was waiting on me...

I also received my pay check today and am going to buy a better intercooler tomorrow. The car just isn't safe to drive when cruising at 60 gives me a 1000 degree EGT reading.

Hopefully it will be here before monday but I highly doubt that it will.

Also ordered a fuel pump gasket on monday? (I can't remember)

It was leaking when I got my car back and I had no idea. My buddy and I had celebratory cigars on a 30 minute drive while there was a fuel leak out of the gasket. Needless to say we were really lucky and I am never going to smoke in my car again. (That was the first and last time)

That's pretty much it for now. I'll post a new intercooler pic when I get it installed and hopefully I'll be able to beat my dad's 04 Dodge Ram (Has roughly 500whp).

I am also selling my skunk2 header, mishimoto catch can, and K&N SRI kit for anyone in the willamette valley area.
post #63 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 AM
JDR

nice set up man shows you dont have to make 800 hp to have fun are you going to post a video
post #64 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

@JDR Thank you! I might get one this weekend if I take it for a drive but its spotless right now and I dont want a dirty black car again. We will see! Even I'm curious on 0-60 times and what not.
post #65 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Still have yet to get a video of the unofficial quarter mile in front of my house. My dad's friend wants to hit the strip against me in his duramax so this weekend should be interesting! Anyways, I received my go autoworks intercooler a day earlier than expected so I painted it black for stealth factor and made a blue stencil of a stick of dynamite...my art skills aren't the best...

Intercooler should be on today or tomorrow but hopefully it makes a world of difference!
post #66 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Sooooo I replaced my inercooler and it cools better but the only thing that I have noticed that is different is that when I reach around 4500 rpms at WOT in third or fourth gear, the car will shutter and act like its hitting the rev limiter...the clutch is still grabbing so its not a clutch issue...I think it's my ecu because my launch control is set at 4500. I am tuned on Neptune on an obd2a to OBD1 conversion. I am absolutely clueless.
post #67 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Well I figured why not post some pictures today so here are two...

The difference between the intercoolers are the end tank designs, the fins on the go autoworks one are staggered on the inside, the autoworks one is slightly thicker and taller.

The license plate is in the way of the stencil but it doesn't bother me a whole lot.

Doing a little research, I read that you can go up to around 1600F on the EGT which makes a whole lot of sense. Still trying to figure out what the issue with the shuttering is...It only does it when you go WOT. If you ease on the throttle, then it won't shutter...cars are such a love/hate.
post #68 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Quick update. I called my tuner and he thinks my car is over boosting and my ecu is cutting off the fuel due to too much boost when WOT. Makes sense so I'm taking her in tomorrow to see what the deal is.
post #69 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

I took my car in the other day and it was just some intercooler piping that came loose when I man handled everything together...OOPS!!!!

Since I need new all seasons, I'm gonna get some Hankooks for 300 bucks and put them on next week. Gonna go with 205/50/15 Hankook Ventus V2's. They look like a good all around tire. If it didn't rain so much in Oregon, then I would get a set of summer tires.

On an unrelated note I beat Dark Souls 2 last night so that was cool.

I plan on getting an autopower bolt in 4 point roll bar after these tires. I really want a weld in one so I don't have to drill but beggers can't be choosers and I have never touched a TIG welder. Then will come corbeau forzas, corbeau 5 points or 4 points (Haven't decided yet), and then I will get a quick release wheel and slicks. Hopefully I will have all of that by April when autocross season starts back up!
post #70 of 325 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 PM

hey, im new to autox and only did a couple events this season. I plan on doing more next yr and maybe making a couple trips to OR for some events.

Sub'd to follow your Go Fast racecar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page