Newt Gomez' K20A DC4 Build Log - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 325 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get the right mudflaps, those look goofy imho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 325 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm running no mud flaps right now because it looked silly with the new wheels. Those Rally Armor ones were more function than form but you can't really beat them for being around 20 dollars brand new. The only reason I bought them was because I wanted flaps but I never really cared paying over 100 dollars for 98-01 stock flaps. The car looks way different in person compared to the pictures that I take.
post #17 of 325 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 AM

really clean ls! nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 325 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! The paint is the only thing I don't like half of the time. Black is such a double edged sword...
post #19 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Some friends wanted to do a photo shoot and I couldn't resist taking the pictures since I'm the only one with a camera...

This one has a nice pic of my wheels and my brothers truck is in the background.

This is myself and my buddy Jeremy who has pretty much the most photogenic miata in the area.

My car having some play time with some other friends cars.

Bro fisting on roof tops of parking garages. Only took the photo because we were thinking it would be "Instagram worthy"

Anyways, I just figured I would keep people updated.
My ITR rear sway bar and ASR brace is finally on its way after waiting for a whole month no thanks to JHPUSA...at least it will be installed before the next autocross event next weekend.
post #20 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 05:44 PM

Awesome updates! How are the big brakes treating you after driving it for awhile? I would love to do it to my gsr
post #21 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! The front brakes alone make a huge difference in stopping power! They have not had a problem with brake fade on a run up to marys peak (Hill climb in the area). These brakes are an absolute must for this car. The only issue I had was wheel fitment. The bracket rubbed off some of the inside on my wheels so I had to grind some of the bracket but it's definitely worth the buy. The brake dust is also a pain but the pros outweigh the cons easily!
post #22 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Got home from school today and noticed a package!

My ASR brace and USDM ITR rear sway bar came in the mail...pretty much super stoked to put it on tonight or tomorrow.

I also ordered some ARP head studs and got a quote for a custom stainless manifold and down pipe for when I get my turbo.

It's nice to pull the gun on the "Black Dynamite" operation. Should hopefully be put together at the end of August. Shooting for 240 WHP on a gt2560r seeing how it is my daily/autocross/hillclimbing fun car.

A money shot of the parts. The brace looked pretty legit. I ordered everything from JHPusa because it was the only site I could find them on...only took them a whole month to ship it out...

post #23 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Hill climb racing...I wonder if there are other people here that do that in a teg.
post #24 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Well its not official rulebook hillclimb racing but its comparable to californian canyon runs or going up the dragon. We dont have canyons in oregon so my friends and I find mountains to drive up. Its tons of fun!
post #25 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Put my sway bar and brace on after 4 hours of mild brain farts...what a great learning experience!

The bar makes it a whole new car. Less body roll and just overall stiffer and better turning. 10/10 would buy again!

Here's an ass pic for brace lovers!

post #26 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

AutoX was today! The sway bar and the brakes and everything worked in perfect harmony. I ended up 3rd out of 6th in SMF. Everyone else runs slicks and I was stuck with my all seasons. My fastest time was a 32.87 where the fastest time was a 29.5 so I felt like I did pretty well. I just posted a video on youtube. I ended up with two re-runs because the subaru behind me got lost on one run and I caught up with it on the second one...the guy was from dirtfish rally school too... Here's the video, there will be another video tomorrow because there is another event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcwz0ziHvkE
post #27 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

This was day 2 of autox and the fourth event of the season. It went really well just like saturday. I had five runs and four of them I took passengers along with me. I ran constant 39s with passengers and ran a 38 without any. Ended up third in my class out of 7 people which I am definitely satisfied with. Here's the video, there shouldn't be many posts since I'll just be getting parts I can't install for a while and the next autox isn't until August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7pRmc1BrKA
post #28 of 325 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Bar and brace looks great. I will have to watch those vids later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page