FS: 94 Integra LS (5spd) in Nashville - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS: 94 Integra LS (5spd) in Nashville

Here's a diary of my first car! Everything below the hyperlinks is the original post.
DIY Rust Removal
New Wheels! Gunmetal LS Webs
DIY Temp Rust Fix Pt 2
Rust Removal Begins
CAI/AxleBack Install
Rust Removal Pt 3/Suspension Pieced Together
Re-Painted Valve Cover
Rust Removal Pt. 4 *PAINTING THE CAR & DONE!*
Back on the Road!
New Exhaust (Powder Coat Black Yonaka Catback)
New Wheels (Bronze Rota Circuit 8's)

So! I'm a little late with this, but here is my first car.
94 ls, 128k miles, 2 owner. BONE stock. Literally, NOTHING is aftermarket, which is pretty impressive because the car is indeed a 5 speed. I got it in December!

So my goals with the car...Im a college student, so things are going to come slow. Im def staying NA and want to clean her up cosmetically before I do anything crazy.

You can see some significant rust on the quarters.. which really sucks. But the cars from PA and this winter in NJ was brutal. I'm going to use body filler, sand and paint for a temp fix until I can fix it right. Ill be touching up paint in other small areas as well.

So I removed the rear seats this weekend (cause I felt like it loosing some weight) I also removed my original (blown) speakers along with my spare (with a hole in it). According to my math, lost about 73 pounds. I can definitely feel a difference.

Final result:

Also cleaned up my interior:

Anyways, my 'build' isnt going to be extreme like I said. At least for the next few months. But I will be doing some low budget stuff that maybe people will be interested in learning or even helping me out. Im also doing this to document, so I dont necessarily expect replies
-Steven

Last edited by mtinezz; 10-29-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ah, I can't forget...

For those of you who have good eyes..in the interior shot of my above post, the left door panel does have the extra speaker on the top half of the panel, while the right doesnt. My ls had a hole in the left door panel. So I picked up a new one for 20 bucks. Of course, me being dumb, I actually picked up a 2000 GSR panel, which had the extra speaker and was all black leather as well. I could not stand the two door panels mis matching. So I removed the trim (I guess you could call it that) by just peeling both of them off. I was careful with the cloth from my original panel. I used a hot glue gun to carefully glue back the cloth onto the new GSR panel. I think it came out decent!

My antenna motor also started making a terrible, terrible sound which I hear is common. Once my long 10mm socket wrench comes Im removing that too. Shedding some pounds..anyways! Like I said panel came out pretty solid and Im happy with it.

Last edited by mtinezz; 04-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.
post #3 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Temp Rust Fix (Tips, tricks?)

So now that winters over, I decided to attack this rust. My goal is to just make it look decent. I'll get around to fixing it for real. I cant drop a G on body work right now.

Will need:
Body filler (bondo) $20
(usually comes with hardener, youll need this)
adhesive body patch (bondo) $10
touch up paint and clear coat (parts bin) $10
sand paper..i already had this
possible a paint gun (not sure yet)
touch up brush

Dont forget the hardener!

Plans are:
Grind (done)
Cut body patch to replace rusted out area
Fill with bondo
Sand
sand
sand
paint
clear coat
pray

Really hoping this comes out good. If anyone has any tips or tricks let me know

Last edited by mtinezz; 04-11-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I picked up some Ground control coilovers a couple weeks ago for a VERY low price. They're on OEM EG struts (lol) I'm actually looking to buy some Skunk2 Shocks to go along with them- they're affordable and are shortened, and knowing Skunk2's springs they should be very durable- the OTS GC's don't even have very stiff springs. If anyone has experience in this setup let me know how they ride.

I was actually about the sell these to a user on here named Fred, a very nice, understanding guy- I changed my mind last minute due to some changes in a deal I was supposed to get and I canceled the sale. He was very understanding. Thanks Fred!

So yeah, just waiting for some shocks & wheels (looking for ls webs) until these go on.

I'm actually looking for a bunch of items for my car- if you're selling stuff you can check my WTB thread here: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/10...strut-bar.html
post #5 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM

Garage
Now that your done grinding... you have any pics ?
If done right the passenger side quarters should have a HUGE chunk taken out (more than that body patch is going to want to take care of .
You should pop rivet some sheet metal in there
Anyway good luck with that , how's it been going
I took a little rust off my quarters on my last integra but it was only dime sized , after I was done grinding it all away it was the size of a dollar so I can't even begin to imagine your situation
Just make sure you bond enough over where the missing body meets the metal and then as you said above sand sand sand , I assume you have the proper grits picked out (definitely not a one day project in front of you)
Have you had the springs off of those shocks ? (To check if their blown) if not you maybe able to use them for a very little while
Lca bolt + anti sieze= WIN
I see your in the city , not to far from me in pa
I just sold my webs with tires for 75 ...shit
What part of the city are you from

Last edited by myb18a1; 04-11-2014 at 05:06 PM.
post #6 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by myb18a1 View Post
Now that your done grinding... you have any pics ?
If done right the passenger side quarters should have a HUGE chunk taken out (more than that body patch is going to want to take care of .
You should pop rivet some sheet metal in there
Anyway good luck with that , how's it been going
I took a little rust off my quarters on my last integra but it was only dime sized , after I was done grinding it all away it was the size of a dollar so I can't even begin to imagine your situation
Just make sure you bond enough over where the missing body meets the metal and then as you said above sand sand sand , I assume you have the proper grits picked out (definitely not a one day project in front of you)
Have you had the springs off of those shocks ? (To check if their blown) if not you maybe able to use them for a very little while
Lca bolt + anti sieze= WIN
I see your in the city , not to far from me in pa
I just sold my webs with tires for 75 ...shit
What part of the city are you from
Hey! Actually those pics of the rust had a LOT of rust taken out completely already...i'd say both sides are 30-50% larger than they first were. I could definitely go more, you're totally right- but I'm just doing a temp fix to last a year or so until I get money to have a body shop do it to completely eliminate my rust problem. That's the plan for now.

About the shocks- I'm almost positive the back two are blown, and I'm about to take them off now actually! I really don't want to have to swap my shocks more than once though, so I'm avoiding riding on stock shocks.

And DANG. 75? Geez...I would have taken those off your hands in a heartbeat. I'm actually in Jersey, even closer. I was born in the Bronx. But I'm up in Bergen County. Wbu?
post #7 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 PM

Garage
Allentown pa (lehigh valley)
These cars really suck up hear with rust
Luckily the last one I got has zero ...for now
post #8 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh okay! (My car is from PA) Cool cool..yes man, it's so true.
Wow, did you buy yours from the south? I feel like EVERY Integra up here has rust.
I've seen some rust protectant stuff online- I think I'm going to try it for next winter.
post #9 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 PM

Garage
My car is originally from Jersey
It was totaled and the whole rear was replaced (I think that's why there's no rust)
That undercoating spray is ok but I found the only real way to keep it safe is to garage it in the winter and drive something else (I don't have a garage or something else lol) if I had something else I would nt even drive the Teg in the rain if I could help it
post #10 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 PM

Garage
There's always time in the future to get something else, restore it and do everything right once someone like you and I could have another car and a garage
That's my future plan
Or could just always stay dedicated to the ones we have
post #11 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 PM

Good luck on your project bro ! And yea rust is common on our cars especially ones from the east coast ! Remember considering the cars 20 years old , that rust is nothing ! But as we all know bondo is like throwing on a bandage . I just recently sent my car to the body shop and what my body guy said was , " you don't have to get the whole car painted and fixed." He said that you can just have sections fixed little by little. If I knew that I would have had them cut section out put new sheet metal and sand and prime ! Just food for thought, shop around and good luck !

~~ It isn't its value , it is its' potential ~~
post #12 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh really? Interesting.
Yeah It's my only car- but I do have a garage. Lol.

Hey! Question: I'm having trouble getting my GC Coils off the stock struts..any ideas? I tried soaking in WD40. I might have even stripped the allen wrench socket.. ):
post #13 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmonst3r View Post
Good luck on your project bro ! And yea rust is common on our cars especially ones from the east coast ! Remember considering the cars 20 years old , that rust is nothing ! But as we all know bondo is like throwing on a bandage . I just recently sent my car to the body shop and what my body guy said was , " you don't have to get the whole car painted and fixed." He said that you can just have sections fixed little by little. If I knew that I would have had them cut section out put new sheet metal and sand and prime ! Just food for thought, shop around and good luck !
Thanks so much! Yes that's what I plan to do...bandage..until it 'falls off'
Thanks for the support!
post #14 of 146 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtinezz View Post
Hey! Question: I'm having trouble getting my GC Coils off the stock struts..any ideas? I tried soaking in WD40. I might have even stripped the allen wrench socket.. ):
Damn.
You want to lose the nut with an open end wrench not the Allen screw
Look at this thread at what their doing when taking the top hat off
G3 Coilover/Shocks/Springs Install - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page