PURPEARLDC2's DVP GSR- Change of direction... - Page 23 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #309 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmemenza View Post
Very nice man! Looks great!

QQ - I figured with the higher spring rates 550/500 vs 435/380, the ride would be a lot stiffer and with the ride height, a little more bouncier?

Thanks,

- DM
Thanks!

To answer your question, there may be a few variables that come into play. Previously I had the front shocks on full soft with the rears on full stiff to get some more rotation out of the car. Now I don't have to do that and I'm able to run somewhat even dampening settings front to rear, so that helps. Also, the increased ride height definitely helps. In addition to that, the springs could be of higher quality but I can't make much comment on that without actual scientific proof. The ride is quite impressive now in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #310 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Electrical bulllllllsheet

Well guys, things are not looking good for my first track day of the season... the car won't start, the exhaust is hanging on by a thread, and the car looks like ASS after hitting a deer last month(completely irrelevant to the overall health of the car, but it still pisses me off tremendously).

I'd like some input/help on the situation as I'm sure someone out there has had a similar issue. My biggest issue is that I can't even wrench on the car because I still have a week of school left(car is at home). But it would help tremendously if I could get some ideas as where to start when I get back(I'll be getting back one day before my track day so luck and prayers are greatly needed lol).

Here's what's happening:
-fuel pump is priming(ruling out main relay)
-lights/accessories work
-starter is NOT clicking

Here's what we've done so far:
-swapped batteries
-checked fuses
-tested starter at autoparts store(good)
-checked/moved grounds
-bypassed clutch switch
-punched myself in the balls

After some reading, I think I'm going to check grounds and fuses AGAIN. Check the starter relay. Check/unplug the alarm.

Anymore ideas?
blandsarcasm likes this.
post #311 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 12:13 PM

crickets...

its a shame this place is so dead anymore
PURPEARLDC2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blandsarcasm View Post
crickets...

its a shame this place is so dead anymore
post #313 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 09:36 PM

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPEARLDC2 View Post
Well guys, things are not looking good for my first track day of the season... the car won't start, the exhaust is hanging on by a thread, and the car looks like ASS after hitting a deer last month(completely irrelevant to the overall health of the car, but it still pisses me off tremendously).

I'd like some input/help on the situation as I'm sure someone out there has had a similar issue. My biggest issue is that I can't even wrench on the car because I still have a week of school left(car is at home). But it would help tremendously if I could get some ideas as where to start when I get back(I'll be getting back one day before my track day so luck and prayers are greatly needed lol).

Here's what's happening:
-lights/accessories work
-starter is NOT clicking

-swapped batteries
-checked fuses
-checked/moved grounds
-bypassed clutch switch

After some reading, I think I'm going to check grounds and fuses AGAIN. Check the starter relay. Check/unplug the alarm.

Anymore ideas?
Was the ground going from the transmission area good? That's what was wrong with mine. it would not crank over with a fully charged battery etc... i only found out because it was grounding out through my clutch hose and cooked it, i saw smoke and smelled burning rubber and found that was where my issue was. It was intact, but a lot of the wires where separated and getting thin. Hopefully you dont have to get to the point of nearly starting a fire like i did though lol
blandsarcasm likes this.

1996 DB8 Bought 2003--->Sold 2010--->Bought Back May 2014 Restoration in Process!!
Bloggity Blog
post #314 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

Here's what's happening:
-lights/accessories work
-starter is NOT clicking

-swapped batteries
-checked fuses
-checked/moved grounds
-bypassed clutch switch

Anymore ideas?
Have you tried putting power directly to the starter to verify that it does crank when power is applied?

My buddy just had a similar issue with his civic and it ended up being the actual ignition switch (like where your key goes). For some reason it stopped seeing the key being turned all the way to where the starter should start cranking. Once we took it apart we were able to start it with a screwdriver until he could replace it.
JDMJNKY likes this.
post #315 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
Was the ground going from the transmission area good? That's what was wrong with mine. it would not crank over with a fully charged battery etc... i only found out because it was grounding out through my clutch hose and cooked it, i saw smoke and smelled burning rubber and found that was where my issue was. It was intact, but a lot of the wires where separated and getting thin. Hopefully you dont have to get to the point of nearly starting a fire like i did though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
Have you tried putting power directly to the starter to verify that it does crank when power is applied?

My buddy just had a similar issue with his civic and it ended up being the actual ignition switch (like where your key goes). For some reason it stopped seeing the key being turned all the way to where the starter should start cranking. Once we took it apart we were able to start it with a screwdriver until he could replace it.
Thank you for the help guys. My brother did some more work on the car while I've been at school, and he was able to get it running. Apparently it runs like a top now. I'm pretty embarrassed about what the issue ended up being since I felt like we were pretty thorough when originally looked the car over. I'm going to blame the beers(lol), but it was the MAIN IGNITION FUSE

Needless to say, I'm just thankful the thing is running now. Also, my brother was gracious enough to drive the car to an exhaust shop out of town to get that sorted out. I'm anxious to see how that turns out. This means that the car will be ready to race this Sunday after a few more tweaks. The oil needs changed, some bolts need tightened, and I'm hoping to get my billet shifter bushings and the rear motor mount in FINALLY. I think I'm going to go with 10w40 synthetic this oil change. Believe it or not, the car still burns oil after the rebuild...?

Anyway, when I thought my luck had ran out, family saved my ass once again! I'll be reporting back at the end of the weekend with pictures and videos from the track, and hopefully more good news about the new suspension setup.
post #316 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
gotta love the simple, yet elusive solutions! lol
JDMJNKY and PURPEARLDC2 like this.
post #317 of 343 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

First track day of 2017

Well guys, I've been waiting to report back with my experience from the track day until my videos were uploaded to Photobucket. My wifi is ass so here I am with no footage... for now. But anyway, I think my experience may valuable or at least interesting to some.

To start, Ill say that it was another great day at RPM. I'm starting to get a hang of the place. My dad is getting more confident in his S2K, and he even let me do some laps in the thing(110% the highlight of my day). I shaved over 5 seconds from last visit. With that said, there have been some changes to the car that could've came into play.

Onto the Integra...! The car performed pretty well. I'm happy to report that the Ground Controls with the custom rates didn't ruin the car! In fact, I ran the rear struts at full stiff and the fronts close to full soft... but after dialing in the suspension, the car was turning really nicely. Turn-in is excellent now, but not perfect. The car will lift-oversteer in high speed corners, but not in low speed corners where I could use it. I think a proper track alignment will help in that area. The seat... was amazing. Seriously amazing, but I'm not surprised. It was so confidence inspiring, and I was able to push the harder while receiving feedback from the car. Additionally, the thicker oil and removal of the rest of the PCV system helped tremendously with smoking and oil consumption. Now for the bad... I have decided that I fucking hate Hawk brake pads, or at least the HP streets that I have. They're awful at the track and I wish I could take back any nice things I've said about them. My dad's Stoptech Sports are miles better, and I couldn't even get them to fade after 6-7 laps. I also officially hate my Direzza Z2's for track use. They overheat so quickly, and when they do, all response and consistency is lost. I feel like I'm driving on an ice rink after 3 flyers... thankfully this shit can be changed!

Now for some good and bad news about the damage from hitting the deer. The hood is toast, the fender is toast, and so is the lip. It's going to be about $1000 to have a hood, two fenders and the lip painted. The good news about the situation is that the front end of my car will be completely covered in fresh paint! AND a friend who totaled his integra is parting out the car, so I'll be getting the "homie hookup" on his hood and fenders.

Anyway, I started work today. It's a great summer job and I'll be making enough money to support my car fun. After paint and a few other bits, the collecting of K swap parts will finally start! Updates will come... later than sooner.
post #318 of 343 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

New project

Wish me luck...

MorningZ and 9TechNine9 like this.

Last edited by PURPEARLDC2; 07-11-2017 at 11:20 AM.
post #319 of 343 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to JDMJNKY
Quote:
Wish me luck...

G, Please forgive me for being intrusive and correcting your links, I just wanted to help. But we are looking forward to seeing the finished product.

1213 AFFILIATION - JDMKIDS | CALI LOVE | AS1 FAMILIA
1213 AFFINITY - Integra Log | NITE GRIND TRANSMISSIONS | GRIPSET | NASTIE GARAGE | CALI LOVE CLOTH. |
post #320 of 343 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJNKY View Post
G, Please forgive me for being intrusive and correcting your links, I just wanted to help. But we are looking forward to seeing the finished product.
It's no intrusion! Thank you for doing that! I was trying to switch from Photobucket to Flickr and apparently I don't know how to properly display photos from there...
JDMJNKY likes this.
post #321 of 343 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Teaser...

JDMJNKY likes this.
post #322 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mic drop

Not too much has changed... but a couple things to pay attention to are the freshly painted bumper, fenders, lip and rocker panels, along with the carbon hood, and the reupholstered
interior! For those curious about the interior, I used an ultra-suede material and 3M 90 spray adhesive for the headliner, sunshade and the door cards. I used SEM trim paint for the trim pieces and even the sun visors. It worked wonders!

DSC_1031 by Grant Davidson, on Flickr
DSC_0190 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0202 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0225 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0267 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0274 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0284 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0287 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0302 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0316 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0329 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0331 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0359 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0417 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0426 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0463 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0470 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0481 by Grant Davidson, on FlickrDSC_0536 by Grant Davidson, on Flickr

Last edited by PURPEARLDC2; 08-14-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page