Drmix's 96 CGP GSR Turbo Drag Build Thread - Page 170 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1059Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2367 of 2483 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Same exact stuff i used... it's awesome... easy to apply, looks good, works great

I used a foam paint brush btw, worked better than a bristle brush

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2368 of 2483 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
Same exact stuff i used... it's awesome... easy to apply, looks good, works great

I used a foam paint brush btw, worked better than a bristle brush

I bought a small foam roller and a small bristle brush for those tough spots. Guess ill see how well it works.
post #2369 of 2483 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Roll cage is painted! I ended up just using the brush to cake it on. The heavier the layer of the paint the more hammered effect it gave it. I love the look of it I just wish it was a little darker but I am still really happy with it.

MorningZ, JDMJNKY, dpaton and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2370 of 2483 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Spent some time on the teg last night. Went to start putting the heater motor back in and it does not fit anymore with the bar in place. Ended up just removing the heater core and ditching all that completely. Plenty of room under the dash now and even more weight taken from the car.

I was planning on working on it more today but ended up waking up with a scratchy throat and feel exhausted. Just my luck to get sick on a 3 day weekend lol.Im hoping to get out there tomorrow if not Monday and finishing it up.

What is left:
*Mount passenger seat to the rails. Drivers is already done.
*Install harnesses
*Cut and trim dash to fit
*Install carpet
*Remount battery in new location since the bars in the rear landed where the battery use to be
post #2371 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Spent some time working on the car this weekend but not near as much as I wanted since I was sick.

I was able to get the passenger seat mounted to the rails so both seats are ready to bolt in. Spent some time last night hollowing out the dash and removing the vent ducts since those will not be used anymore. It will make it super easy for running wiring through the dash since its wide open now. I still have the trimming on the dash left to do since I have been putting that off until the very end but its just about that time. I hacked up my old tan dash to help with measurements for where the bars pass through the dash so that will help. I have pics that I will be posting later on.
@Built_not_bought I will be attending IFO this weekend but just to watch for a few hours. I am planning on being there until about noon then I gotta leave to catch my flight at 2.
Built_not_bought likes this.
post #2372 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's good news! I hope I'll be able to make it. Pulled the tranny out last night. (Couldn't shift gears all of the sudden). I thought it was the throw-out bearing. Turned-out (2) flywheel bolts backed-out, preventing clutch from engaging. Threads inside the crankshaft now need some attention. I couldn't find M12x1.0 tap locally, so I ordered one off ebay. With expedited shipping it should be here on Friday. If all goes well I should be able to have the car ready for Sunday.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729
post #2373 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Spent some time on the teg today. Dash is in and gauges are wired up. I started working on installing the eye bolts for the drivers side. The left eye bolt is in but the right one will need a longer bolt. I thought 1 7/8" would be plenty long enough but I guess not for the center of the car where the frame is. I will be looking for some longer ones during the week while I am out of town. I am hoping to finish up next weekend now that the hard stuff is done.

Im surprised how well I trimmed the dash to fit the bars. Looks alot better than I thought it would

Battery had to be relocated since the bars took up the corner of the hatch where the battery use to sit.

Tomorrow is Import Faceoff. Unfortunately I will not be able to run my car since I fly out to California at 2pm. I will still attend as a spectator for a few hours.

Getting closer!!
JDMJNKY likes this.
post #2374 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 AM

Garage
I just did like 10 mins of searching, everything i found is that 1 and 7/8" length

I had absolutely no such problems with my bolts on the floor, in fact they were too long (scraped on the trailer when pulling the car on and off), i wonder what's different

I didn't take any pictures of the passenger side unfortunately, but they are in the same exact spot as the driver side here (i put three on each side so i could use 5 or 6 point lower belts)

Last edited by MorningZ; 06-05-2016 at 09:06 AM.
post #2375 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Yeah the left lap belt has plenty of extra thread on it. I will probably cut it down so it doesnt get caught up on the trailer.

As for the mounting of the belts mine are going much farther back then yours are on the floor.I am a few inches behind the rear mounts for the seats and when it comes out of the floor it is on the opposite side of the fuel/rear brake lines. I am guessing that this part of the car is reinforced to protect those while bottoming the car out.

NHRA calls for the lap belts to be sitting at 45 degrees when sitting in the car which is why the are so far back. I also had to move them back slightly so the belts wouldnt rub against the seat rails.

Well good news though. I went out there and looked it over, gave the eye bolts a good couple whacks with the hammer and all is good. I guess when I drilled out the floor it was on one of the bumps in the floor so when I hit it with the hammer it brought it down enough to work.
JDMJNKY and Built_not_bought like this.
post #2376 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Put in some time this weekend and got the car all finished up. Surprisingly both kick panels fit with some minor trimming and force. Headliner slipped right in with some assistance. I am loving the fitment of everything so far. The door panels do press against the door bars slightly but its nothing too bad.

Couple things left to work on is I will be putting a couple bolts in the headliner since the stock relies on handles, visors, and other stuff to secure it so its just kind of hanging now. Still need to put in the floor mats and give the car a good detail before the Drive NW event on Saturday. I am planning on going to the test and tune on Friday mostly just to make sure that tech is all happy with the new car setup. I would hate to wait until the event on Saturday to find out that I cant run because of something I could have fixed Friday night.
post #2377 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 10:54 PM

Garage
I'm not sure why you are any bit worried about the door panels after coming this far...

interior = added weight at this point for this car...

it'll all come out at some point... you're past the point of no return, just not realizing it yet :-)
post #2378 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Idk i guess im just picky about little things like that lol. Im pretty happy with the way the interior is now. It keeps the most oem look and feel for the most part. Ive never liked the look of the car that just have a piece of aluminum for a dash and nothing else
Built_not_bought likes this.
post #2379 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Weighed my car today. So with the addition of the cage and deleting the heater core and moon roof the car is sitting at 2540 with me in it on street tires. Last time I weighed it was 2620 so the weight is definitely getting to where I want it. With my slick setup the car is about 10lbs lighter than my street tires.

Race setup with slicks the weight is 2530lbs - 165lbs (me) = teg is at 2365lbs. Not bad for a car that use to weigh 2667lbs from the factory.

We are suppose to have a test and tune today but it just started raining. Hoping it clears up so I can make it out to the track. Tomorrow is also the Drive NW event but the weather also isnt looking too promising. I am really hoping to get some passes in this weekend.
boosted98b18c1 likes this.
post #2380 of 2483 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 07:17 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cant wait to see some results!
drmix likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page