Drmix's 96 CGP GSR Turbo Drag Build Thread - Page 163 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1059Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2269 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Test and tune today was great! Finally getting use to the slicks. Ill post a video and more info later tonight.

But for now ill just leave this here. New personal best! Im car 896.
@Built_not_bought

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2270 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
What kind of car was 907? It's awesome how you overtook him so much on the 2nd half

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
post #2271 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

It was some kind of a drag car. He let off on the back half. Alot of people will do that if they are just working on dialing in their launches or if their safety gear isnt up to spec for the times they are running. If your safety gear isnt up to spec then youll get booted from the track.

Its crazy how much different the street tire line is from the slicks line. I was the only import in that line today and was running against big v8 drag cars with open exhaust and everything else. Even sitting in my car with the motor running I couldnt hear it running when one of the other cars were idling lol.

The trailer brakes work great! Felt so much better pulling up to a stop light with brakes on the trailer. Usually when stopping you can hear the trailer hitch click and then the weight of the trailer pushes the Rango forward. Now it brakes just like normal.
JDMJNKY likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2272 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 11:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It was great to see you yesterday. Congrats on the new personal best. I saw you run 11.5. Don't get kicked-out from the track though, you are on the border-line .
drmix likes this.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729
post #2273 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
It was great to see you yesterday. Congrats on the new personal best. I saw you run 11.5. Don't get kicked-out from the track though, you are on the border-line .
Yeah you too! Already have some ideas on what I need to change to go faster....should probably hold off until the IFO or DriveNW events for that lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Been super busy with work so I havent had a chance to really go online very much to post the update. So I did get a new personal best on Sunday.

Right lane of course

Video of the pass

From the video you can hear how much quicker the car sounds during shifts (except for shifting out of 3rd, hit the limiter a little ) with the full throttle shift activated. Instead of shifting, hitting the gas, waiting for boost to build then going it is just a quick shift then straight into boost without the lag. It also feels much smoother on the car since you dont get quite the jerk forward of letting up on the gas while shifting. Pretty happy with it so far. I think having it set at 7k is just the right spot.

I am fairly certain I can get the car down to low 11s without spending anymore money. Just need some more seat time getting use to the slicks. Next timeout I will raising the launch control from 6500rpm (I think thats what its set to at least) up to 7000rpm. This should help with the car bogging down at launch and help with my 60ft. Just need to hope that the Duralast axles are up for it . I was messing with tire pressures all day and was able to get a 1.760 60ft so that is in the right direction.

I do need to get a cage VERY soon. My best pass is 11.57 currently and at 11.49 I get booted from the track until I get at least a roll bar installed. I would rather just skip on just getting a roll bar and go straight for the cage so I wont have to worry about it for quite a while.

Pretty sure I will be removing my deck and speakers in the very near future. The car is mostly a track car anyways so might as well shed some pounds. I will be needing to get a DD civic for my job so the deck will be going into that when I get it. I will be getting the OEM block off plate to cover the opening.
Why I decided to do this:
Silvia, JDMJNKY and NewtGomez like this.
post #2274 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
"Why I decided to do this:"

Need better install !! a 50 cent piece of plumber's strap would solve that issue and you aren't going to gain anything by that "weight reduction"

It'll be a shame that those red Recaros got-2-go !! need roll bar/cage, fixed seats and harnesseseses soon !

post #2275 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
"Why I decided to do this:"

Need better install !! a 50 cent piece of plumber's strap would solve that issue and you aren't going to gain anything by that "weight reduction"

It'll be a shame that those red Recaros got-2-go !! need roll bar/cage, fixed seats and harnesseseses soon !

Yeah I know I wont gain anything significant by removing the speakers and deck but I rarely drive the teg for any long distances anymore. The deck would be used more in my DD civic when i get it. Yeah i know the days are numbered on the Recaros but an upgrade in safety is always a plus
post #2276 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 04:38 PM
The Enforcer!

Articles: 2
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justYncredible
that deck coming out, lol, classic! ive been there until i installed that bracket on the back of it. i think @MorningZ has a write on it. btw, i thought you installed the full throttle shift

join my clubs
N.F.C = No Foglights Club
N.A.T.O = No Altezza Taillights Organization
wu's turbo build
460.79whp 311.92tq @ 18lbs (new tune)
(old tune) 1/4 mile = 13.36 @10lbs @120mph (on all seaon tires, 2-3yrs of age)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarksb18 View Post
Jr, I have never seen justyncredible be gentle with a thread like this and I understand why.
post #2277 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justYncredible View Post
i thought you installed the full throttle shift
I did lol. It works pretty good!
post #2278 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:12 PM
The Enforcer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
I did lol. It works pretty good!
i thought i saw your right leg lift up
post #2279 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justYncredible View Post
i thought i saw your right leg lift up
Yeah maybe from 1st to 2nd. Its hard not to when youve always lifted while shifting. Im starting to get use to it.
post #2280 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Deck and speakers were removed this morning. Just need to order the oem block off plate. I started my job a couple weeks ago so i havent had money coming in yet.

I put the speakers, deck and the other small leftover brackets that were in the back and weighed it on the scale. Came out to 14.8lbs that i just removed. Id like to weigh my car again one of these days so i can see how much its down to now.
post #2281 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 03:20 PM
The Enforcer!

speakers? hell i need some speakers for mine!
post #2282 of 2483 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I definitely recommend not wasting money on a roll bar. I regret getting my autopower roll bar and not going full cage. Would have been way better. Your times are getting insanely fast! It's 2 whole seconds than what I could get my dads 400hp supra to do lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page