- IMPORTEKNIKAICR: 10? Make That 18 Years of Integra! - - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
- IMPORTEKNIKAICR: 10? Make That 18 Years of Integra! -

One month ago, I made the difficult and painful decision to finally let her go. After 18 wonderful years, this is my final farewell.

"Her Name Is Chloe"

Words cannot explain to perfection the melancholy of this moment. I know many of you can empathize with the emotions involved. After 18 years of ownership with untold hours of blood, sweat and tears, it is akin to relinquishing a piece of oneself.

- THE EPIC SAGA OF AN INTEGRA NAMED "CHLOE": THE HISTORY STARTS HERE! -

- UPDATES -

UPDATE 02.27.18: "Her Name Is Chloe" added!

UPDATE 01.26.18: SOLD!

UPDATE 10.27.10: Some of my favorites added!

UPDATE 10.26.10: The creative juices are flowing again! I'm working on a new video! Video preview on page 2! Well, more like a teaser actually!

UPDATE 10.19.10: After an incredible experience with Kings Performance and seeing the potential in CHLOE, I've come to the decision that 2011 will be a significant year in the build and ownership history. 500+ HP STREET / RACE / SHOW.

- IMPORTEKNIKAICR: 10 YEARS OF INTEGRA! -

OWNER: IMPORTEKNIKAICR
TYPE: 2000 Acura Integra GS-R [CHLOE]
CHASSIS: DC2
ENGINE: B18C1 / 1797CC [109.7 CU. IN.] / 4 CYLINDER / 16 VALVE / DOHC VTEC [ORIGINAL]
COLOR: Taffeta White
MILEAGE: 75,000 [10.07.2010]
TITLE: 1st owner. Clear.
TEAM AFFILIATIoNS: Team ImporTeknika / JDM > "Myouri" Advantage

- 1995: A BRIEF HoNDA HISTORY -

My first love for Hondas originated in 1995 when my brother purchased his 1995 Honda Civic EX in teal green [Aztec Green Pearl]. Modifying the vehicle with an intake was almost unheard of at the time and this is partially what initiated my interest and fascination with import modification and tuning. I finally owned my first Honda in 1997 by way of a 1997 Honda Civic EX in Flamenco Black Pearl. After the usual bolt-on performance parts to the SOHC VTEC D16Y8 no longer sufficed, I opted to have a DOHC VTEC B18C1 transplanted or "swapped" into the vehicle. At the time, finding a "reputable" shop was like finding a needle in a haystack. These were the times when Honda/Acura auto theft also started to skyrocket as a result of the newfound asset and potential in these "B-series" engines. Unfortunately, to this day, it is still a challenge with regard to ownership of a Honda/Acura with the constant risk of auto theft. only, it has now translated and/or expanded to not only encompass B-series engines, but H/K and any other "swap-ready" powerplant suiting the needs of the owner. In a time where "swaps" are now commonplace, this truly was a pioneering practice in the mid to late 90s. These were the truly innovative and inventive times of Honda modification and tuning in the U.S. with such legends as Ken Miyoshi, Ed Bergenholtz and Viet Lam, to name a few, were literally "driving" the cause of 4-cylinder economy cars in the drag racing circuit. These were the seemingly "ancient" times before Fast and the Furious, Initial D and the plethora of import performance magazines and videos now bludgeoning the modern import market as we now know it.

- 1997 -

only two short weeks after my 1997 Honda Civic EX was "swapped", it was stolen in front of my friend's house in Jersey City, New Jersey. With Newark and Jersey City auto theft ranked in perhaps the top 10, if not top 5, at the time, it was no wonder that my 1997 Honda Civic was stolen in less than 10 minutes from the point I stepped out of the vehicle to the time I was inside. Needless to say, my two weeks of exhilaration with a DOHC VTEC powerplant was short-lived and left not only an emptiness and longing in my "import soul" but a painful reminder of the risks of ownership and a solemn vow to never feel that pain again.

- 2000 -

I moved to Dallas, Texas for 6 months. After walking down the magazine aisle of a local supermarket, a cover shot of a what looked to be an Integra caught my attention. This Integra was unlike the typical USDM Integra with the round headlights designed for the American market. It was converted with what I read was a "JDM OEM Type-R Front-End Conversion" directly from Japan. Simultaneously reluctant, yet fascinated, I picked up the magazine, and as I flipped through the pages, a whirlwind of not only fond and bitter-sweet memories, but melancholy and painful memories shook my inner being as well. Yes, I bought the magazine and well, let's just say, it was "game over" from there. Plans, plans and more plans were rekindled. And thus, at that point, at that single and solitary moment, a re-initiation and resurrection of my love for Hondas arose fromt he ashes once again, like a phoenix. A few weeks later, I found a deal on a 1994 Honda Civic DX in that funky purple color [Camelia Red Pearl] and purchased the vehicle. Unfortunately, trouble with the stock SOHC engine [rod knock] after only a few weeks of ownership and a subsequent rebuild by the dealership, abruptly ended my relationship with the vehicle and plans for an H22 transplant in an untimely fashion. Shortly after taking the vehicle back into my possession, I decided to trade the vehicle in towards the purchase of a newer Honda/Acura.

I wanted a Type-R. In either Phoenix Yellow or Nighthawk Black Pearl, with inclination towards the latter. Obviously, a higher probability of winning the lottery could be had than finding the a Type-R in the holy grail of Honda paint codes, the all-elusive "Championship White" [NH-0]. I did not care. It was more of a matter of simpl finding one! I am a firm believer in the saying, "Everything happens for a reason." Perhaps it was not meant for me to own a Type-R. I always justified and rationalized that the money I would save [approximately $5,000 after premium pricing] in not purchasing a Type-R could more efficiently be allocated towards modifications and tuning by way of forced induction. $5000 towards the boost of a GS-R rather than the natural aspiration of a high compression Type-R certainly justified my rationale.

I purchased my 2000 Acura Integra GS-R [CHLOE] in Taffeta White from Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, Texas, in March/April of 2000 with an original sticker price of $22,222. After months of searching for a 2000 Acura Integra Type-R in Nighthawk Black Pearl with no luck, perhaps I was "destined" to own a GS-R in Taffeta White instead. And I have absolutely no regrets! Needless to say, I do now also own a vehicle in Nighthawk Black Pearl. It is simply in the form of a 2008 Acura TL Type-S 6MT. This year marks my 10 year anniversary with my beloved Integra. I have certainly been fortunate and blessed to have had Chloe for this long, despite the multitude of challenges associated with ownership. It is now a culmination of 10 years of blood, sweat, tears, perseverence, sacrifice and dedication.

- 2004 / 2005 -

- 2010 -

This also marks the commencement not only of a "running log", but rather a "running, reminiscent and restrospective log" into 10 years of Integra history and the progressive, re-kindled and unwritten future with my Integra.

I welcome you to peruse through the history, the story and the future with my Integra as it unfolds in this journal.

10 years of history will be a daunting and challenging task to chronologically recollect. Fortunately, most of it is archived digitally on a back-up hard drive. Allow me to begin with a video, and perhaps what may be the best-suited and most appropriate reflection of this momentous occasion and milestone.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" /> http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

- 10.06.10 -

CURRENT MODIFICATIoNS

INTERIOR MODIFICATIoNS:
- B&M Edge ShortShifter
- Razo Titanium Mesh Race Pedals
- Razo Ttanium Shift Knob
- Razo Polished/Carbon Fiber Emergency Brake Handle
- Ichiban Gunmetal Cigarette Lighter
- [2] Bride Brix 2 Gradient Center Racing Seats
- Matrix Chrome Fire Extinguisher
- AutoMeter/GaugeWorks Dual Gauge Cluster Bezel
- AutoMeter/GaugeWorks Full Pillar Gauge Pod
- AutoMeter Phantom Boost Gauge
- AutoMeter Phantom EGT/Pyrometer Gauge with Probe
- AutoMeter UltraLite SilverFace Nitrous Pressure Gauge
- AutoMeter UltraLite SilverFace Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
- AutoMeter UltraLite SilverFace Vacuum Pressure Gauge
- AutoMeter UltraLite SilverFace Volts Gauge
- AutoMeter UltraLite SilverFace Oil Pressure Gauge
- AEM UEGO Wide-Band Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge 30-4100
- Apex-i V-AFC
- Apex-i Rev/Speed Meter
- Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer
- Greddy Profec E-01 Boost Controller/Data Logger

EXTERIOR MODIFICATIoNS:
- JDM OEM Metal DC2 ITR Fenders
- JDM OEM Metal DC2 ITR Hood
- JDM OEM DC2 ITR Front Grill
- JDM OEM DC2 ITR Headlights
- JDM OEM DC2 ITR Front Bumper Cover
- JDM OEM DC2 ITR Front Chin Spoiler
- JDM OEM Metal DC2 ITR Radiator Support
- JDM OEM Metal DC2 ITR Bumper T-Bar
- JDM Rear Windshield
- JDM Rear Windshield Wiper Delete
- JDM Parking Decal
- JDM DOHC VTEC Rear Windshield Decal
- JDM 3rd Brake Light
- VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
- VIS Carbon FIber Trunk
- Wings West RS UnderBody Valance Kit
- Chargespeed Front Underbody Spoiler

ENGINE MODIFICATIoNS:
- Garrett T3/T04E [63AR/57Trim/Stage 3 Wheel] Turbocharger w/ Polished Compressor Housing
- South Florida Performance Mild Steel Equal Length Tubular Manifold w/ EGT Port
- South Florida Performance Mild Steel 3 Downpipe w/ Flex Section
- Apex-i GT-Series Skyline Core Front Mount Intercooler
- Blitz Dual Drive Blow Off Valve
- Tial 38mm Wastegate
- RC Engineering 440cc Fuel Injectors
- OBD1 Injector Clips
- Drag Polished Upper Intercooler Piping
- Custom 2.5 Lower Intercooler Piping
- Synapse Engineering Missing Link
- Walboro/Holley 255lph Forced Induction Fuel Pump
- Custom 3 Turbo-Back Exhaust Piping
- Miscellaneous Russell Hardware and Fittings
- Apex-i Turbo N1 Muffler (3" ID)
- MSD 8.5mm SuperConductor Spark Plug Wires
- MSD Pro-Cap Distributor Cap
- MSD 6AL Ignition Amplifier
- MSD Blaster SS Remote Coil
- B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
- B&M Fuel Pressure Gauge
- Fluidyne Radiator
- Hondata ECU
- Hondata S300
- Custom OBD2-OBD1 Jumper Harness
- Custom Gold Valve Cover
- NGK Racing Spark Plugs (2-Step Colder)
- NOS Nitrous System
- NOS Activation/Trigger Switch
- NOS Electronic Bottle Heater
- DC Sports Polished Battery Tie-Down Bar
- Konig V-Racing Polished Oil Filler Cap
- STR Red Anodized Blade Oil Dipstick

SUSPENSIoN MODIFICATIoNS:
- Apex-i N1 99 Spec Full Coilover Suspension
- OEM ITR Lower Control Arms
- Type-R Front Upper Support Brace
- Konig V-Racing Front Upper Strut Tower Brace
- DC Sports Rear Upper Strut Tower Brace
- DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar
- 17" Volk Racing Gram Lights 57Pro
- Yokohama Parada Spec 2 Tires [205/40/zr17]
- JDM Yokohama Advan A539 Tires [205/40/ZR17]
- Volk Racing/Rays Engineering Polished Valve Stem Sleeves/Caps

I.C.E MODIFICATIoNS:
- Alpine CDA7895 Head Unit
- [2] 12" Polk Momo Subwoofers w/ Glass Enclosures
- [2] Alpine V-Power MRP-M350 700W/350RMS monoBlock D-Series Amplifiers
- [1] Alpine V12 4-Channel Amplifier

2011 GOALS:
HORSEPOWER: 500+
- Precision SC6262 Ball-Bearing Billet Turbocharger
- Injector Dynamics 1000CC Injectors
- Competition Stage 5 Clutch
- CP Pistons
- Manley Rods

FUTURE UPCOMING MODIFICATIoNS:
- Carbon Creations Full-Carbon Fiber JDM Integra Type-R Front-End Conversion
- Brembo Grand Turismo Big Brake Conversion Kit
- [2] Takata 5-Point Harnesses
- [4] Takata Shoulder Harness Cushion
- ASR Sub-Frame Brace
- ASR Anti-Sway Bar
- Miscellaneous JDM Interior/Exterior Parts

IMPORTEKNIKA | "Representing Individual Import Techniques Since 2000"

Last edited by IMPORTEKNIKAICR; 02-27-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 AM

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice!!! Your car looks amazing! Here's to another 10!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
congrats man

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 AM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
good stuff 10yrs ia a long time. congrats

Exclusivity Creates Prestige
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the best wishes. Cheers!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
What a beautiful car! Im jealous.

I would never accept that from my paint guy..
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Banned

Very nice!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again everyone! Many more updates coming soon including chronological recollection of the last 10 years. It will certainly bring back many memories and will be quite interesting to share them all with Team-Integra.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 12:38 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to pb98rs
I must say, Mad props to you... First of all for an extremely clean & sexy looking Teg, & Second, for having the fortune to actually keep her for 10 yrs so far. With our car being a very coveted car by theives, (at least 3 different ones posted stolen in the past few days on this site) it's amazing to say the least. But I guess that, with a good security system & a watchful care, It is possible! This is reassuring to some of us that sometimes doubt wheather or not to get out of the integra game. In passing, I must mention that my wish is to someday be able to do JDM front conversion on My 98. (maybe when I rear end someone, LOL)...
Also, can you elaborate on what type of "multitude of challenges associated with ownership" of Chloe?

Congratulations & Keep it up! I can't wait to see the history & Future of CHLOE!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 AM

Feedback Score: 24 reviews
It's rare to see someone w/ an 02 join date. I first joined T.I in 03 w/ a diff sn. Congrats!!! Car is looking/sounding good!!!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 AM

Feedback Score: 35 reviews
me and u are pretty much in the same boat but I own mine for 8yrs and now I have a rsx type s and we are both nurses lol good luck with everything

All stock bottom ls Neptuned tuned LS (160whp and 127ft/lbs tq) Neptuned tuned Turbo LS (325whp and 265ft/lbs tq) Now Hondata tuned turbo ls (415whp and 335 tq)
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb98rs on Oct/08/10
I must say, Mad props to you... First of all for an extremely clean & sexy looking Teg, & Second, for having the fortune to actually keep her for 10 yrs so far. With our car being a very coveted car by theives, (at least 3 different ones posted stolen in the past few days on this site) it's amazing to say the least. But I guess that, with a good security system & a watchful care, It is possible! This is reassuring to some of us that sometimes doubt wheather or not to get out of the integra game. In passing, I must mention that my wish is to someday be able to do JDM front conversion on My 98. (maybe when I rear end someone, LOL)...
Also, can you elaborate on what type of "multitude of challenges associated with ownership" of Chloe?

Congratulations & Keep it up! I can't wait to see the history & Future of CHLOE!

Thank you! By challenges, I mean the typical "speed bumps" that come along owning such a highly coveted vehicle, not only by import enthusiasts but thieves as well. For a large majority of the population, "knowledgeable" thieves, if there exists such a term, are enthusiasts themselves. The most significant difference is that these individuals opt to support their passions in a manner that is cowardly and blatantly ignorant. CHLOE has been broken into twice and stolen once. Luckily, she was recovered only 1 mile away and within 15 minutes. Ever since that day, CHLOE was placed under "house arrest" and "lock and key" by way of the garage. She also endured, or perhaps I should say, I endured the hardships of tickets, insurance premiums and suspensions that came along with speeding, careless/wreckless driving and street racing as a young and "semi-irresponsible" youth. Luckily, CHLOE and I never experienced a major accident. We are both fortunate and blessed for that, as there have certainly been many close calls. The extent of our accident career, only consists of a slight front passenger fender bender years ago, which to this day I dispute any responsibility. I will go into further detail once I post archived images and videos of the last 10 years onto this journal. Thank you for asking! Best wishes for success and good fortunate to you and everyone who shares the same passion for imports.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I've only had my Teg for a year and a half, and I'm only 18 but I feel like in 9 more years I'll be doing the same thing.

That second part of you video made me realize that I've actually been into cars since elementary school, I just didn't know how much until I got the Teg. I remember being late to school in 5th grade plenty of days just because I was playing Gran Turismo 2 and lost track of time. That song has always stuck with me and when I hear it I think of the first time I drove the Integra I would soon be buying. Now I'm currently enrolled at UTI in Norwood Massachusetts for their automotive program.

It's people like you that give people like me hope. If I accomplish half of what you have with your car, I will be a happy person. While I like a fast car as much as the next person, I've come to realize it's better to work slowly and do it right. Maintenance is key, and reliability is paramount.

If you've had your Integra for 10 years it's clear you've done right by it. Like other have said, good luck with another 10.

1996 Integra LS SE Sedan Daily Driver
My DB's Running Log
My FS/FT Thread
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice bro. I've pretty much have a similar upbringing in the import seen as you back in 1991 when people fabricating parts for civics and crx. I've owned my car for 12 years as well. You keep it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page