Crad008 Log, Car stolen 11/10/14-**UPDATE**12/17 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Crad008 Log, Car stolen 11/10/14-**UPDATE**12/17

Well the time has come, I guess I will start a thread.
To start I will say my car is a work in progress it is not near done and probably wont be for awhile.

Well in February 2008 after looking for months for an integra on craigslist I decided to post a WTB ad, all it says was WTB 94-01 Integra needs to be clean title preferably under 100,000 miles. I knew the odds of me actually getting a response were very slim when out of nowhere I got an email from a guy selling his wife's milano red gsr,well my friend and my dad and I went out and looked at it and realized that this car was mint, it only had one other owner prior to the owner I bought it from, had all the records and maintenance, it was bone stock except for some enkei DM5 wheels. Well I test drove it and everything was perfect. I sat in the car and checked everything out while the owner went and sat in the car with my dad while they found out that the owner and my uncle worked together (coincidence).
Pic of the car when we met up to test drive it.

Later that night we called the owner and made an offer of 5,500 which he accepted. He did however not let me have it because it had a leak on the inside and he insisted he get it taken care of before it was in my possession, I did not have a problem with that. So I waited a week and the next Sunday another one of my friends along with my parents drove out to go get the car.
Well I loved this car so I washed it at least 5 times a week in and out, I also took a ton of pictures of it.
When I got home I washed it,

My friend also owns a 94 civic that I liked to take pictures of.

Well after owning this car only a month I was merging onto I-5 South to go to work the from the highway 14 (I guess only locals know where I am talking about) when I looked over my shoulder to change lanes and make sure I was clear when the truck in front of me decided to stop. Well I rear-ended him. Pretty much the sadest day of my life, but I was ok, my airbags deployed and saved me from smacking my head on the steering wheel, well I called my dad right away and he called and got my a flatbed.
Pics of the wreckage
at the scene

and at the Auto body shop

Well after the insurance company decided to total it (big shocker...not) I decided to buy it back and put a JDM front on it. I got a good check for about 7,000 and got my frame straightened out, and the new radiator support welded on for about a 1000 dollars, I bought my jdm front from Auto Adventure, a place in Portland that has just about every part for an import you can imagine, and payed 1,500 for non hid black housing front. The front was in perfect condition no scratches no dents nothing, they also threw in an itr front strut bar I did not complain. The rest of my money went to buying parts to fix the car, new airbags new fender liners, wires etc and I maid some car payments with it.
The only bad thing was the front end was white and well, the rest of the car was red.

Well my friend (the one who drives the civic) came over the night I got my car back from the frame shop and we stayed up til about 3am putting my front end together.
Well after it was all said and done we got the car re-insured and I was back driving my car again in mid April.

Well after get hassled I finally lowered it....Worst mistake I ever made, I read and read and read and read...and well you get the point DO NOT PUT COILOVERS oN STOCK STRUTS, well I did anyway thinking I have a good job this will be temporary, until I got less and less hours at my job and eventually due to the economy got laid off. But live and learn trust me I have learned my lesson.

In the meantime I ended up effing up my itr lip so I ended up taking it off cause it got so bad (stupid driving an not paying attention FTL)

Well I ended up buying a OEM ITR wing off ebay for a whopping 128 dollars! in perfect shape. However it was also white, So I figured what the hell my front ends white why not put in on too.

Well for my 19th birthday present, Christmas and 20th birthday present my parents promised to help out and pay for my car to get painted.
Well in April of 2009 my Girlfriend's uncle who mainly works on old VW's said he would paint my front end for me! all it would cost me was materials and an extra 200 for him using his shop and whatever else he used. So I got my car back later that week and put it all back together.

So I guess Current mods are:
Engine: Bone stock GSR with ITR front strut bar
Interior: JDM Recaro SRD's, ITR climate control, cupholders, ashtry, jdm armrest delete.
Audio: Alpine deck, and amp, Diamond audio speakers and crossovers
Exterior: JDM front, POS window visors that I bought used off here
Suspension and wheels: Function and Form type 1 and Drag dr16s
Security: A lot!

Future Plans:
Exterior: Nice window visors, OEM ITR lip,
Suspension: Skunk2 LCA's Asr subframe itr sway bars.
Interior: Hopefully a steering wheel!

Any comments, question are appreciated.
I would like to thank my friends and family for helping me out.

Last edited by Crad008; 12-18-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:24 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ha ha i'm local i know what you're talking about(feels special)

You'll be able to test out a Koni/GC setup by next week if you want ... Go with Skunk2 LCA's the Blox put your swaybar endlink in a bad position. And those tires look a little beefy, what size?

Get your mouldings finished!

"Hellaflush wheels are more aggressive than Vin Diesel and Chuck Norris put together. I'm surprised they don't reach out and punch you while they roll on by."
post #3 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:38 PM

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
damn the JDM front looks real good painted. nice put the lip on and snap some quick shots.

SOHC > DOHC
1994 Integra GSR RHD - Project
2001 Integra LS Auto - Daily Grind
2006 Civic Hybrid - Family Grind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder2709 on May/18/09
Ha ha i'm local i know what you're talking about(feels special)

You'll be able to test out a Koni/GC setup by next week if you want ... Go with Skunk2 LCA's the Blox put your swaybar endlink in a bad position. And those tires look a little beefy, what size?

Get your mouldings finished!

And you are special lol your the only other member I see and can recognize.
My tires are 205 45 16 I believe ill go out and check.
and im trying to get my molding finished just takes getting the welder and I together and some steel. and thanks for the tip on the LCA's!

Quote: aznlaoboi315 on May/18/09 damn the JDM front looks real good painted. nice put the lip on and snap some quick shots.
And i dont have a lip yet I have been waiting to hear back from a place to see if they have any used ones in.
post #5 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Feedback Score: 23 reviews
yea baby!looks great!
post #6 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crad008 on May/18/09
And i dont have a lip yet I have been waiting to hear back from a place to see if they have any used ones in.
ohh what happened to lip you had?
post #7 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbondc2 on May/18/09
yea baby!looks great!

Thanks!

Quote: aznlaoboi315 on May/18/09 Quote: Crad008 on May/18/09And i dont have a lip yet I have been waiting to hear back from a place to see if they have any used ones in.

ohh what happened to lip you had?

It got caught on the corner of a curb and it pulled straight off damaging the lip.
The lip that came with it was nice but the mounting screws on the side were broken so it was lose so it caught on the curb.
post #8 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM

uh... There's a little Lincoln flux core(wire feed) welder sitting in my garage... I haven't welded in like 4 years but...
post #9 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
uh... There's a little Lincoln flux core(wire feed) welder sitting in my garage... I haven't welded in like 4 years but...

Im about 99.99999999999999% sure we are going to be welding this weekend since its a 4 day weekend (we both go to clark) and he got the wire and argon and I am getting the steel.
post #10 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah i was looking into getting the Blox LCA's at the same time as my Koni/GC but after reading about em i decided not... I may pick up some Gunmetal Skunk2's whenever i get my ITR rear sway and Black ASR brace because at that point my suspension will be complete and i can move onto other things(either LS/V or JDM front+bodywork)
post #11 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Damn you quoting before i changed it
post #12 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I really dig the purple ASR subframe but I think i will go with black too, that is when I get a job again. and speaking from what I see jdm front are getting kinda played out, I almost wish I never did it but my other option would have been to buy a 94-01 front and piece it all together instead I just got the whole jdm front as a package and it made since, since my radiator core was messed up. Anyways LS/v seems to be fun only when built right though.
Plus I really like your car, youll end up getting a lip and when your lowered it'll be nice.

Quote:
nice! you quoting after i changed it
fixed
post #13 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:32 PM

JDM fronts are getting played out, but only in certain colors IMO, mostly white, black, and red to an extent(no offense)... How many Cypress Green Pearl JDM fronts do you see?

As for the LS/V i'll probably take it to English Racing and have them do it. I wants teh VTEC... And this way when i boost i can take advantage of the better flowing head
post #14 of 546 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Yeah English knows his stuff my friends going to be getting his civic tuned there (400whp sohc). and as for red jdm fronts I have seen like 3 all together in the meets I have been to. (oregon and seattle) Cypress Green Pearl however i dont think I have seen any.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/184693-crad008-log-car-stolen-11-10-14-update-12-17-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Honda-rati - Page 23 - D-series.org This thread Refback 06-03-2011 02:29 AM