502Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3207 of 3275 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3208 of 3275 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the lack of updates. I got locked out of my account here for a while. Thanks @MorningZ & @drmix for getting me fixed back up!

So here is the last months worth of updates all crammed into one. After trashing some third gear dogs I pulled the Trans apart to assess the damage. The top countershaft bearing completely fell apart when I pulled the case off so that was weird. Looked like the race cracked and the case was all that was holding it together.

I replaced the bearing, replaced the 3-4 dog rings and slider. Then after talking with my tuner it was suggested to put a shorter final drive in my Trans while I had it apart as well as my input shaft speed sensor. So the 4.09 came out in favor of a 4.33 and I modded my case and reverse change holder to accept the input shaft speed sensor.

Then after tons of setup time and mods with a windowed case on the bench I put it back in the car with the window case and setup my new Gforce shifter. This was a little tricky and also needing some modification for some extra clearance to extend the throw of the shifter and fully engage all the gears.

Now it's all in and working properly it seems. Just waiting for my next chance to take the car out and test!

post #3209 of 3275 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 02:12 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3210 of 3275 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
Do you run a strain gauge?
Not yet but that is the plan for the future. Hence the GForce. It is about another $900 upgrade that will have to wait a little while.

The Motec harness is wired for it and now I have the shifter so basically I just need to send the handle out to get the strain installed/bonded and then bolt it on, plug in a connector, enable the settings in the Motec and go.

At this point I am ready to just get back out there and see what it has got in it as it sits.
snm95ls likes this.
post #3211 of 3275 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 09:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Josh, congrats on the new power level and especially the 10.1 pass. It'll be awesome to see you and this car in the 9s.

Any specific use for the ISS (tuning the clutch engagement maybe?), or just for extra info?
luck4rmkc likes this.
post #3212 of 3275 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Josh, congrats on the new power level and especially the 10.1 pass. It'll be awesome to see you and this car in the 9s.

Any specific use for the ISS (tuning the clutch engagement maybe?), or just for extra info?
Thanks Nick! 9's will come very easy next time out I'm sure.

The fine tuning of your clutch pedal stop placement is one benefit of the ISS sensor but the other would be monitoring clutch slippage should it occur. We have had several issues with Matt's car suspecting clutch slippage on the dyno which we would have loved to have this data.
post #3213 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Small update: I've made two track outings with three passes each since the last time I posted. These passes were in attempts to get my NHRA license.

The first outing and three passes was my first time out with the shorter final drive in attempts to help with my bogging issue outnof the hole. My tuner helped me identify that my base fuel pressure is dropping 15-18 psi when I launch and I'm baffled as to why. We've tried some things to identify the problem which I won't go into detail about right now. While I was attempting to diagnose the fuel pressure issue I decided to boost peak test the car and found that I had a couple of t-bolt clamps that were left loose after I did the tranny job. Stupid mistake but I fixed it and moved on... I also installed my new drag radiator because I am having some overheating issues on return road and wanted to see if the drag radiator I had sitting on the shelf could possibly help this issue in any way.

Went to the track for another outing. Made my first pass and the car launched well finally! It was great to feel it actually spin the tires out of the hole for once and not bog! However I couldn't get the car into 4th gear that pass. At first I thought I just missed a gear but then I had the same result the second and third pass. It became painfully obvious that I had hurt the dogs in fourth gear. So the tranny gets to come out again! Yippee!
boosted98b18c1 and 9TechNine9 like this.

Last edited by luck4rmkc; 09-26-2016 at 03:53 PM.
post #3214 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

post #3215 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

post #3216 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 08:57 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What fuel tank are you running? Would a surge tank be helpful?
post #3217 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
What fuel tank are you running? Would a surge tank be helpful?
FCS outlaw 3 gallon sumped cell in the factory location with external magna-fuel inline pump. I don't believe a surge tank should be required for this setup to work properly. There are plenty of people using similar setups without the need for a surge tank.

I'm going to continue to try to figure out the issue but for now it is no longer bogging out of the hole so we will band-aid the fuel pressure drop with a little 1st gear fuel compensation for now.
post #3218 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 08:36 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
are there any benefits to having a swirl pot? seeing a lot of people using swirl pots now...
post #3219 of 3275 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted98b18c1 View Post
are there any benefits to having a swirl pot? seeing a lot of people using swirl pots now...

All a swirl pot really does is give you a high point to bleed air bubbles out of your cooling system.

Most people you see using them are also probably using a small low mounted drag radiator or some form of tucked radiator that is low mounted.

The factory radiator cap fill location is intentionally placed higher than the rest of the cooling system to better bleed air bubbles. When you change the design with these small low mounted radiators you give up a high point in the system to bleed coolant and hence gain the need for a swirl pot.
boosted98b18c1 likes this.

Last edited by luck4rmkc; 09-27-2016 at 10:53 AM.
post #3220 of 3275 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Single digits!

Finally made it to the single digits yesterday!

boosted98b18c1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page