Running Log: jjkz24's JDM Front GSR / 770whp @31psi - Page 90 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 334Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1247 of 1287 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bypassing clutch I have had this since my auto starter. Feels weird without having to use the clutch to start but it's cool feeling. Lol

Car is money bro. Wish I had a low/high switch. Get them sticky ickys and burn them on the rolling races.

Anyhow car is top notch. To a T. Every nook and cranny has been looked at. No other mint Integra for me to see. Not saying your friends on here, but we trying to keep up.
jjkz24 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1248 of 1287 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 AM

Also you need to enter that on the calendar thread. Just saying.
jjkz24 likes this.
post #1249 of 1287 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Purely for aesthetic purposes....

Picked up one of these from Amazon. $6.56 shipped. Exact OE replacement, but yellow for E85 designation.

Stant 10834Y

Silvia, sask-gsr, JDMJNKY and 1 others like this.

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1250 of 1287 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I run 235/50/15's up front on mine. I had to roll the fenders and lift the car up a bunch in the front to get them to clear. But I am also on +40 wheels too.
jjkz24 likes this.

08' TSX
98' Integra LS Previously 283whp/300ft-lbs; Now 602whp/453ft-lbs, Non-Vtec E85. PB 12.7 @ 128mph

"His Noodly Appendage hath blessed the B-Series"
post #1251 of 1287 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 View Post
You have no idea.

I have a little switch in my center console for low/high boost. The low is the 19psi - 515whp. This is fun, and is where I've been keeping it.

High is the 780whp, and is obsurd. I just don't have the tire. 4th gear reacts the same as 1st gear, anywhere above 4.5K-5Krpm's. It's instant tire spin.

An update on how the car has been driving:

I'm in love with this thing. I mean, I was before this engine build. But holy shit....it makes my butt-cheeks pucker. I have to get used to all the vibrations and rattles with these engine mounts. They're the "street" versions, but still cause the chassis to vibrate. I actually like it. I feel more connected to the vehicle because of it. I've always had OEM mounts, and they were suffice, even at 420whp with my old setup. It drove like a Cadillac. Not anymore. I like being able to feel the feedback of the engine.

There's also the twin fuel pumps that buzz from the rear. Turning the key to the "on" position awakens the car, right before I hit the button to start.

Brakes: These Wilwood 4-piston calipers are on point! I've done some 60-0 stops to help bed-in these rotors, and they feel great. So much better than OEM calipers.

Something else I'm getting used to... We bypassed the clutch switch. I'm so used to pressing the clutch for starting, that I'm not able to do this now. I don't want to kill the thrust washers due to the upgraded twin-disc clutch, so the clutch pedal only gets pressed when proper oil pressure is present.

I've been letting the vehicle come up to complete operating temp, before driving the vehicle. Usually, when the fans kick on the first time when it hits 185deg temp. Doesn't take long, actually. It doesn't have a thermostat, and hasn't for 3 or so years.

Are you running a pedal stop on your twin disk? If not then you are going to kill the thrust washer regardless. If you have a properly set up pedal stop then you do not need to worry about this....

968whp GSR build thread
How to Install an LSD
Brotato Racing - Best E.T. 9.73 @ 151mph
www.finishing-lines.com
post #1252 of 1287 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 View Post
Thanks buddy!!!

Having a clutch plate that is heavy like my twin disc could actually damage the crank since when starting, most cranks aren't properly lubricated yet while having a heavy disc pushing on them. Pushing the clutch in while "dry" can wear the thrust washers prematurely. Having a clutch bypass solves this issue.
The pressure plate in most twin disks is less aggressive than those used in single disks with beefy holding power. With a twin disk having nearly twice the surface area to work with of disk material the pressure plate no longer has to do the majority of the torque holding power.

That being said with some twin disks (like comp) you can actually over throw the clutch pedal and push the crank hard enough to wear out thrust bearings. It appears that is what you may be worried about. This can be solved with a pedal stop.
post #1253 of 1287 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 07:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yo JJ!
Was just stopping by to help another guy on HT by looking up some of the specifics on your build. How's it going?

Are you, you know, actually driving it? haha
post #1254 of 1287 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geis View Post
Yo JJ!
Was just stopping by to help another guy on HT by looking up some of the specifics on your build. How's it going?

Are you, you know, actually driving it? haha
Absolutely....not! Haha. It's Winter, and in the showroom currently. She's in hibernation mode, and just sitting, currently. She'll be coming out sometime in April, if I were to take a guess right now.
post #1255 of 1287 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 03:45 PM

Oh nice, nice.
Keep forgetting that half the country is like undrivable right now.
jjkz24 and DJ 619 like this.
post #1256 of 1287 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 01:22 AM

Hey, I've been reading you build for a while now and registered to ask if you recommend any good 2.5" exhausts because I will be boosting my LS integra in a year or two.
I was going to do a 2.5" custom piping and im only shooting for around 240hp or so, so nothing too crazy.
Would like to hear your opinions and feedback thanks!
post #1257 of 1287 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Where would Team Integra be without this Integra?? It is seriously the sickest damn Integra out there....just curious what you have into this thing at this point :-O
post #1258 of 1287 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanLST View Post
Hey, I've been reading you build for a while now and registered to ask if you recommend any good 2.5" exhausts because I will be boosting my LS integra in a year or two.
I was going to do a 2.5" custom piping and im only shooting for around 240hp or so, so nothing too crazy.
Would like to hear your opinions and feedback thanks!
Anything ebay is fine, just replace the muffler with something actually good and have an exhaust shop install it all. That's the route @drmix went, and his came out rather nicely.
post #1259 of 1287 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorn697 View Post
Where would Team Integra be without this Integra?? It is seriously the sickest damn Integra out there....just curious what you have into this thing at this point :-O
Thank you for the kind words. I've kept every receipt for every nut and bolt, down to every oil filter purchased for this vehicle. The amount of money put into this vehicle would make anyone cringe, because it's just another "Honda", or "Integra". It makes me sick even to think about it. However, money isn't spent on vehicles for an investment. It's spent on pleasing the owner, and for the "fun" factor. I won't say how much I have invested, just because it would sound pretentious...but let's just say that a really nice, low mileage NSX could be in my garage by now, had I not spent the money on this thing.
post #1260 of 1287 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I've had the same tires on this car, since 2007, and needless to say, they're starting to show their age. Not because of low tread depths, but more or less dry-rot within the tread. I still have 6/32nd's of tread left, which just goes to show how little the car gets driven (minimum Pennsylvania State Inspection requirements are 2/32nd's).

Decided to pick up some new shoes this past week. Toyo R888's will be going on here shortly. Maybe another month or so. Tire size I chose was 225/50ZR16. I more than definitely need to raise the car a tad, especially in the rear. These will be meaty, for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page