The Krayzie project Reborn! - Page 130 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1807 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Part 7

Thank you all for reading and the warm welcome back!

So to summarize what happened so far. We hooked up enough to get the car running and drove it back home. There were a few (a lot) of extra plugs that we couldn't figure out where to plug in, but it ran, and that was good enough to get it to the shop for them to figure it out.

Now all we had to do was wait for the appointment...
If anyone is familiar with LHT Performance and have been following their work, they are a small shop that does amazing things, but with only 2 people working on the cars, there is a long wait to get scheduled for any work. I think we spoke to them in December and they were able to schedule us in February. Crazy!
We thought the car would be sitting for all that time but lucky for us (sarcasm) we had all these fun issues to deal with in the meantime that made the wait more bearable.

So, car was finally back at home

Notice that we took some parts off... oh and the headlight is looking a little better? Well we decided to be productive and get some stuff done.

Headlights were wet sanded in 4 progressive stages and then some UV protection (it was like $50 for a tiny bottle of this stuff) was applied. We did the same to my wife's headlights and they still look fresh after months of hot sun and no washes

I also pulled off the fender because I didn't want to leave it red. My brother insisted that he will just get it wrapped until he gets the whole car painted, but I know how he works... it would be months until he gets the fender wrapped, then maybe even years until he paints it (he's not as motivated to get things done if there is no real rush)

Also the cowl plastic was faded, and when we pulled it off it was actually cracked, so we took this opportunity to fix the cracks

I did some rattle can black paint on the fender

And that tip of the headlight that broke off, we got that glued back on too

Some more shots of the headlights nice and clear

We also ordered new plastic clips for the cowl, we cleaned it up and used some plastic restore to get the cowl back to black.
We glued the cracks of the side skirts and ordered new clips to put the side skirt back on.

The fender paint job was a solid 5 out of 10, but after some wetsanding it started to look like an 8 out of 10, until I sanded a little too deep and it started to show some red... that brought it back to a 4 out of 10, but after a buff it actually looked decent on the car.

Thats it for today. It's late and I have work in the morning.

Tomorrow I'll show some powdercoated turbo parts and getting it to LHT

Thanks for reading!

If you can't fix it with duct tape you haven't used enough THE KRAYZIE PROJECT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1808 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Part 8

Alright, so in the last post we made a mess in the livingroom, but we got some stuff done.

Fender painted, Cowl plastic fixed and cleaned, headlight crack fixed

Also this was a good time to go get an allignment done, since we replaced the tie rods

Since we had some time before the appointment and the turbo parts at hand, my brother decided to get them ceramic coated to help with the heat

This was done locally by a very good powder coating shop (AB powdercoating) and it usually takes about a week to do, but due to the crazy weather changes it took a little longer. They also said if it ever starts chipping or gives us any issues to take it back and they will fix it. So far its looking pretty good.

Next post is dropping it off at LHT, coming up in a few minutes.
post #1809 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Part 9

The day has come, Valentines day! Thats when we were scheduled to drop the car off.
We packed up everything we needed (and a bottle of plumb brandy) and the car was ready to be handed over

Here are some final shots of the before setup

Take note of the small turbo, the multi colored hoses, cables all over the place, intecooler piping routing, intake filter behind the radiator (not the best placement) and overall mess.

Here are some final shots of the before setup

Take note of the small turbo, the multi colored hoses, cables all over the place, intecooler piping routing, intake filter behind the radiator (not the best placement) and overall mess.

And old rusty nasty welded pieces soon to be replaced

Now this LHT experience was very strange to me. You give the man a wish list... kind of a, I hope you can get this done kind of list.
Our list included:
Check swap situation, fix anything that we may have done wrong or anything they find wrong.
Fix any leaks
Install new turbo and make a new dump pipe (vband)
Center intercooler and make new intercooler piping
Re-do valve cover with catch can fittings on front
custom make catch can
Install RBC manifold
Eliminate any potential bottlenecks for good power
Tune the car (hope for 450whp)

My brother spoke to John a couple of times before all of this and John said you need a good sized intercooler for the setup and the throttle body may be a bottle neck. So he quoted us for a new intercooler and we considered getting a ktuned throttle body but he said he had a ported type s in stock that would work just as good (and save us a little money) so we decided on that.

Now once you drop off the car, the communication stops (unless they run into an issue that they need your decision on. For us the phone call was regarding the intercooler. Apparently what we had was big enough and we didn't need a new one, so if we want, we can allocated the intercooler quoted budget to a new exhaust, since our current exhaust was a lot worse than we thought. We agreed to get the new exhaust.

So during this week and a half of not having the car I was going through a whole rollercoaster of emotions. The first night I slept like a baby while my brother said he got no sleep. The next day I couldnt sleep while he was out partying. I imagine this experience being like leaving your child with a babysitter for the first time. You trust that they know what they are doing, but anything could happen.

I wanted to know the progress, I wanted to see what they were working on, I wanted to know if the car blew up on the dyno or if it made power, but everything was kept a secret until the end.
I felt like we were in one of those home remodel shows where they show you the finished product and you just hope that the designers had the same taste as you... well we got lucky!

Other than the cost being wayyyy more than I hoped it would be, the car was done and holy hell does it pull!
Here is the car back home after it got all the LHT stuff done

Here is everything that was replaced

And here are the dyno charts

Oh we went with the AEM boost gauge that has a built in boost controller (works with a solenoid that controls the boost) and we have 3 power settings that we can cycle between on the fly.

Here is the first power setting

Here is the second power setting

And here is the third power setting

I don't know why but I cant seem to find the engine bay pics we took... but here is something better.
John did a whole video of what they did, so you get to see the process

That's it for today.
I'll try to find some more pics of the finished product and talk a little more about whats going on with the car now on the next post.

Thanks for reading!
IntegraCF21 and Silvia like this.

Last edited by krayzielilsmoki; 04-26-2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add a pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1810 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 01:31 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
nice read, I've been watching LHT's youtube videos and thought the car looked familiar when I saw your pics. Interesting to see its a rhd k swap with ac and ps. Not many people keep all those accessories.

Saw it looks like you went to advance performance for your alignment?
post #1811 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw614 View Post
nice read, I've been watching LHT's youtube videos and thought the car looked familiar when I saw your pics. Interesting to see its a rhd k swap with ac and ps. Not many people keep all those accessories.

Saw it looks like you went to advance performance for your alignment?
We bought the car with the original swap done. It had everything we wanted so we had to have it, unfortunately for us, some of the things were half assed so now its our turn to make them right.

As for the alignment, my brother is very picky about where he goes. He needed new tires so he asked John where to go, and the recommendation was Kaufman tire because one of his clients works there. He went there and his tires were mounted by another integra owner so that was cool, and he planned on getting an alignment with them too but they didn't work on lowered cars, so we would have to go to the clearwater or tampa location which had different people. Well I'm not sure what he had done at kaufman since then but they installed the rim lugnut cover wrong!
The center piece screws on and they completely stripped the thread, they somehow put it on where it was almost completely screwed on, but still rattling. We tried everything possible to get it off but couldn't so we decided to take it back to kaufman for them to do it. The way it was, it would have been impossible for us to take off the wheel, which would have been very bad in case of a flat tire on the side of the road.
So I took it to them and I was there for literally 2 hours while 6 guys were trying to take this thing off. Needless to say they scratched the rim to hell, and the center piece was now useless, as well as the thread on the rim that would take a new center piece... Such a shitty experience! Oh and they said they wont charge me for this service! WTF as if I would pay them for the damage they did trying to fix an issue they caused. I was super pissed and that was the last time we went there.

So when it was time to get the alignment done he did a lot of research and ended up taking it to advance performance. Apparently the work on a lot of low cars, and they also specialize in suspension setups, so we may go back to them for some suspension stuff in the future...

I wish I could find the pic of 6 guys standing around the car trying to figure out how to get the center piece off...
post #1812 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Part 10

This is probably my last post for a while. I just want to share the status of the car as it is today, and the projects we have in the works and some plans for the future.

Since we got the car done at LHT it has been a blast to drive. The tune is very conservative so the car is very reliable. It drives very smooth until you step on it at which point all hell breaks loose and 2 drops of pee come out.

The engine bay is looking very sexy now, but the overflow tank now looks out of place. Its old and yellowish plastic and it will soon be replaced by a stainless steel one which should fit better aesthetically.
We have a follow up appointment scheduled a month or so from now when he will take care of that as well as a couple of other things (minor things)

As for ongoing projects, well my brother decided he wanted to do some sound deadening a while back. He did a lot of research (like he always does) and decided that sounddeadenershowdown.com was the best option. They even had the exact measurements for an integra so he decided to order enough material for the doors. A super heavy roll of some dense plastic looking foam, some very light foam, and some tar looking pieces came in. We checked out the contents of the package and put it in the closet where it sat for about a year.
One thing that I can't stand about my brother. He will do an insane amount of research before he takes the first step on anything. He will take that first step, but the second step doesn't come without a ton of persuasion from someone else (usually me).
This is what happened with the engine which we purchased on craigslist, and then it sat in his room for about a year.

Back to the sound deadening stuff.
His door made this creaking, grinding noise when you opened it, and I did some research and found out it was the door check. Its pretty easy to remove, just 2 bolts, 1 pin, and if you have the door panel off you just pull it out. Well I figured I'd take that out and since we have the door panel out we can do the sound deadening too.

He was super motivated for about 4 hours of this project, and then he just quit and left a huge mess in his living room for about a week and a half.
The process is not very straight forward, you have to create a template, then you have to cut the thick plastic looking piece and make sure the panel can mount back on with it (lots of trial and error) then you have to adhere the foam to that, then you have to strategically place super strong velcro to hold it all on, and find a place to route all the window and lock and speaker cables through it when you put it all back on. yeah its a big project but were about 95% done and thats how its been for the past month or so. Actually he got to the point where he just threw the passenger side on, left the cables unplugged, and never put the door check back in... not gonna complain about how much that bothers me... but it bothers the crap out of me!

Here is some pics of when we started that project

Door panel off with a bunch of oem plastic pieces for door lock push rods, and new plastic screws and what not that hold the panel in place.

Cutting the plastic foam thing to fit the panel

and right about now is when he decided to stop and leave that mess (every single little piece) on the floor for a week and a half

Not gonna complain... but what the hell!?

Now like I mentioned before, we bought the engine on craigslist, we got it for $800 and it looked decent, no idea if it ran or not, but we were super excited!
After about a year of it sitting in the room I decided to start working on it. Instead of just doing a compression test on it and throwing it in the car, I wanted to make sure things were good on the inside so I took the head off and took it to a professional. We also took the block to a local machine shop for them to see if it should get honed again.
The head was completely cleaned and it looked brand new when we got it back, some of the seals were replaced.
The block looked good on inspection so no need to have anything done there

We were lucky enough to have a spare room for us to work on this inside, here are some pics

Now this was my first time working on a K series engine, and I have to say, it was way easier than I thought it would be. Working with a timing chain versus a timing belt was so much easier!
I didn't take many progress pics (if I find those later on and people would like to see them I might post them up)

I just want to share some before pics, and the way the car looks today.
Here is the messy engine bay from before

And here are some shots I took today

And here are some shots of the new exhaust

and the car itself

So whats the plan for the future... well its a long list.
First the small things. The secondary O2 sensor is not reading correctly, John will have to check that out as well as diagnose the squeaky breaks, prevent the intake filter from rubbing on the AC line, and unfortunately the turbo parts will need to be ceramic coated again (I saw some flaking today) luckily they will do that for free so all that will be done at once when we take the car in during our scheduled appointment.

The door panels will get done completely, even if I have to do it myself... just have to find a free weekend.

A new shift boot will most likely go in soon, its cheap and the current one is not looking great.

I would love to find a new steering wheel, well not new, but one in better condition than the one that's currently in there. It looks great from a far, but up close you can see the wear on it.

The car definitely needs a paint job. We love the current color, its black with red flakes, when its clean on a sunny day it looks incredible. It will most likely be repainted the same color. His rear bumper has spider cracks since someone backed up into him, the front bumper has some cracks, and that fender doesn't match at the moment.

The current suspension makes the car look great, but as far as comfort, its lacking. We hope to eventually go with a buddy club setup.

As for the wheels, I'm not a big fan, but my brother loves the look of the current ones. Either way, they are now scratched up and would either need to get restored, or he might go with another set.

The current sound system is good, just needs to be tuned, thats another weekend project when we have some free time and are in the mood for messing with it.

Thats it for now. I hope you all enjoyed our adventure and I hope that it continues.

Thank you for reading. Stay safe out there and enjoy your integras!
IntegraCF21 likes this.
post #1813 of 1814 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzielilsmoki View Post
We bought the car with the original swap done. It had everything we wanted so we had to have it, unfortunately for us, some of the things were half assed so now its our turn to make them right.

As for the alignment, my brother is very picky about where he goes. He needed new tires so he asked John where to go, and the recommendation was Kaufman tire because one of his clients works there. He went there and his tires were mounted by another integra owner so that was cool, and he planned on getting an alignment with them too but they didn't work on lowered cars, so we would have to go to the clearwater or tampa location which had different people. Well I'm not sure what he had done at kaufman since then but they installed the rim lugnut cover wrong!
The center piece screws on and they completely stripped the thread, they somehow put it on where it was almost completely screwed on, but still rattling. We tried everything possible to get it off but couldn't so we decided to take it back to kaufman for them to do it. The way it was, it would have been impossible for us to take off the wheel, which would have been very bad in case of a flat tire on the side of the road.
So I took it to them and I was there for literally 2 hours while 6 guys were trying to take this thing off. Needless to say they scratched the rim to hell, and the center piece was now useless, as well as the thread on the rim that would take a new center piece... Such a shitty experience! Oh and they said they wont charge me for this service! WTF as if I would pay them for the damage they did trying to fix an issue they caused. I was super pissed and that was the last time we went there.

So when it was time to get the alignment done he did a lot of research and ended up taking it to advance performance. Apparently the work on a lot of low cars, and they also specialize in suspension setups, so we may go back to them for some suspension stuff in the future...

I wish I could find the pic of 6 guys standing around the car trying to figure out how to get the center piece off...
I tend to switch around for alignments because I know a few people in the area that do them and can trust, but I have taken my car to advanced performance multiple times with no issues and would go there again.

Those wheels are advan sa3r? If so I can see why your brother really likes them. It might be worth checking with a wheel repair shop to see if they can fix the threads? Finding a replacement center cap a pain in the ass for older JDM wheels.
post #1814 of 1814 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

@aw614 Yeah they are the advan sa3r, they would need to get some serious restoration love to get them back to looking great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page