First engine Swap - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post First engine Swap

Just bought my 98' Integra, looking for information about how to make my swap easier (just putting non-broken b18b1 in it) and get a gauge of what I'll need to replace when I do my swap. All information is useful, first swap ever here. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2019, 06:46 PM

If you don't have a cherry picker you will need to remove it in two pieces. First the cylinder head comes off, then raise the car, disconnect short block from the transmission and finally remove the short block from the bottom. However, you will need a cherry picker to be able to install a replacement engine in one piece. Remember to use a torque wrench whenever possible when installing new engine. Look-up the bolt torque online or get a service manual. It may be a good time to replace clutch, pressure plate, throw-outbearing, pilot bearing and rear main seal. Pay attention to the hoses on the replacement engine, change if appear old. It would be important to verify the condition of the timing belt, although you would need to remove the valve cover to do that. If you do remove the valve cover, consider adjusting the valves while at it. Obviously you would need to change oil, filter, coolant. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to also replace spark plugs, thermostat, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. Hope this helps.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 02-22-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:54 PM

Garage
Pretty much everything he said. I've done a few in vw's and one in a Kia and one in a rx-7. Just hammer out all the maintenance stuff up front, it'll be easier to track in the long run. I would get an engine hoist if you can (buy one and resell it if you don't have somewhere to put it) it cuts down on a few hours of monkeying around raising and lowering the car.

95 Integra LS - Touge/Time Attack
B18b1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys! Good to know that it seems like I wont have to buy too many parts. I'm borrowing a cherry picker from my friend for the time, didn't really consider how to get it out without one. Nice to know that there's a way to do it if he needs it back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in