No start after ps delete ?! NEED HELP - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start after ps delete ?! NEED HELP

Recently I installed Chase Bays Power Steering Delete Kit. I followed every instruction to and it seemed like everything went successful. Although when I reconnected the batter and tried to crank it back up, it will crank but not stay on. I did some research and the only plug that I disconnected was the ps pressure switch/sensor which to my understanding is irrelevant to starting/running the car. The only thing I could consider is that since I had such a bad leak from the pressure line of the power steering that when I sprayed brake cleaner to clean the bay and other parts that it may have gotten into the alternator causing it to weaken. Could that be the problem or is it something else? I also just checked the fuel line to make sure It was getting fuel, checked the fuses & seems ok, I also checked the battery since it’s been parked long. I also verified that I have a good belt on the crankshaft pulley and alternator that is also seems to be working when the car tries to start up but then cuts off. Pleaseeeee help! A simple job turned into a nightmare!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:30 PM

The alternator is out of equation since the car would still start and run using battery power (for at least few minutes). When you sprayed a break clean the dirt could have found its way down into electrical connector(s) that are relevant to engine start/operation. Although the chances of it are slim since each electrical connector has a rubber insulator at each entry point to prevent dirt and moisture contamination. However, you don't know if the previous owner has done any work to the engine's wire harness and perhaps had left some connectors "exposed". I'd say inspect inside each electrical connector. If you find any dirt accumulation, clean it thoroughly (yes, you can use break clean...). If you see any moisture, dry it. Also, make sure you reconnected all grounds that may have been disconnected during the PS removal process.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
Also, make sure you reconnected all grounds that may have been disconnected during the PS removal process.

While not exactly the same, I just had an issue with my starter (starter would click and dome lights would dim but motor wouldn't crank at all) that I solved this morning by tightening the transmission ground wire that we forgot to tighten down after my b20 swap last week. If you touched any ground wires during your install then I would double check that those are not just installed, but clean and tight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page