Smoking after head gasket change?? Please Help.. - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smoking after head gasket change?? Please Help..

I recently had my head gasket blow after having my teg only 8 months. It was odd the way she acted when the gasket went which took us awhile to realize, no mixing of oil or water, no smoking, no overheating, only when she lost enough water to cause the needle to move but I never let her get over half way. I always shut her off and put water in. She just started sputtering one day off and on and somebody said the heater core was leaking why I was losing coolant so we bypassed it until I could get it replaced which then caused the head gasket to go completely and I got the infamous chocolate milk on my oil cap so I shut her down and replaced the head gasket and I have not had any mixing issues or sputtering issues no coolant or oil lose or leaks but it smokes every time I crank it (white smoke) which is weird being it NEVER smoked before even with blown head gasket! She runs better than ever and I have had ZERO issues at all since changing gasket. I have hooked the heater core back up and still no coolant lose which I am quessing heater core was leaking due to exhaust in the coolant system, no more exhaust in system = no more leaking heater core. I am just worried about the smoking while at idle... While driving it does not smoke but at idle it is smoking. What could be the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh Thanks for all the help...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Chill out dude. You picked one of the lowest traffic weeks of the year to post.

White smoke can be a few things. How's your oil level?

When you did the HG, how did you reset the timing?

How did you go about cleaning the oil and coolant systems after they mixed?

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX daily -> 1991 CRX HF (YT)

Integra friends are the best friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page