Team Integra Forums banner

HELP, ITR universal cruise control install with AEM EMS

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jester14 
#1 ·
I have been searching for hours with no luck and the links I have found that others had suggested in the past, no longer exist... I just got a Rostra universal cc kit for my 2001 ITR. I have seen pics and have heard of it being installed on ITR's and RS's, however, have not heard any feedback as to the actual install... furthermore, I have a boosted itr on a v1 AEM EMS... Do I have to tap into the EMS wires or will I be able to tap into wires under the dash? The wires I need to tap into are:
ACC
VSS
Tach signal
brake switch positive
brake switch negative

I do a lot of highway long distance driving and will be traveling from NC to Homestead, FL in a few weeks, so that's why I need cc... I'm no electrician but I did install my 2way Viper alarm.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I'd search this forum some more, keying on schematics / write ups for remote start installs to help identify wire colors and locations. All should be clearly laid out for you there less the VSS. Couple of more notes below. Hopefully this helps.

ACC - Accessory, I assume for the unit power? There are quite a few places to pick this up at

VSS - Vehicle Speed, should be able to pick this up behind the cluster

Tach signal - like above, behind the cluster, common for remote start systems

brake switch positive / negative- our cars typically have a negative trigger. This signal can typically be picked up on top of the brake pedal, or in the drivers kick panel (where it runs to the back for the brake lights). Do you actually need both?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Wouldn't it be easier and make more sense to just get the OEM units and install them? Or are the connectors and wiring removed in the rs/itr shells? I figured honda was too cheap to make a custom harness but I've never really checked.

#4 ·
I figure pulling the schematics and write colors will be easy and I can piggy back off of the wires I tapped into for the alarm... I however didn't install the AEM EMS and that's my biggest concern, I don't know if it will screw something up, or if there are specific wires that I would have to tap into at the EMS rather than the standard harness.
You would think it would be that easy, but just about everything from the wiring harness to the throttle cable and connection points are different on the rs and itr... It's a nightmare to even think about installing the oem cc from any other model...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.