how often you have changed the PCV? - Page 3 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ok so I pulled it out and replaced it... It was stuck in the "open" position.

I thought something was up... The car seems to run smoother now too.

So for those of you that have not replaced your PCV, you might want to check it... (I have replaced mine two times since 26 DEC 2001.)

There are two types of people in the world. Those who build horsepower and those buy it. Which one are you? '87 Honda Prelude SI...RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundguy787 on Dec/11/08
Quote: johnnykaye on Dec/11/08So you say you notice oil buildup... can we assume that you can remove it to see the gunk? If so just replace it, the plastic gets brittle over time. If you haven't got it out I say LEAVE IT ALoNE!!! I replaced mine once, what a pain in the A-S-S ! Reason was that it was the original but it cracked. 45 bucks total for the replacement hoses from an Acura dealer and the valve. Good thing though the hose to the breather was shot anyway.

My god! $45 to replace it? Pain in the ass? I typicly replace mine every time i do a tune up. Around $3- and if you need a hose goto Advance Auto and pick one up for $1 or so. Takes me all of 15-30 Seconds to do...
From my extreme to another!!!! Providing that the hose is still pliable and the plastic is not brittle, sure it takes only a minute to replace. True it's dirt cheap for the valve at Advanced Auto, or the like, but as for OEM ho$e$...

Glad you found the problem and tackled it with no problem eaglemhf.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone have any idea how to even access the g2 pvc. its so hidden that even the thought or doing it makes me mad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
eaglemhf your inbox is full. I tried pm'ing you back...

89 Supra Turbo ~~~~ 500rwhp (sold) 00 Integra GSR (work in progress)
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

What it is? Let me check it out.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 PM

only changed mine once but only because i broke it when i took off my head. and its a pain in the ass to put back in when the head is on.

-95' integra ls-r -91 crx si -03 s2k
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Just replaced mine over the weekend. The biggest PITA I've ever experienced. The plastic hose part coming up from the crankcase broke and the old PCV was stuck to the connector. I ended up buying a foot of hose and re-routing it entirely. Now my PCV is easily accessible around my IM. Replacing it actually helped my idle, which was surprising. Part was $2.19 at Auto Zone. Took me a few hours to complete the task, because it's nearly impossible to get to without taking out your IM.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
My PCV valve is completely caked in oil/dirt. I think I'll go ahead and replace it, if only to see if it's as big of a PITA as people say... lol

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 PM

how is it a pain in the arse? its so simple..........use your finger tips and peel the hose slightly off and it will come right off....

after 85k miles, there was still a very slight tick when shuck, sprayed some carb cleaner in it and its ticking nicely now..

i bought a new one anyways...15 bucks from dealership ahha i got owned
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themazdak View Post
NEVER!! just put to your mouth and blow adn suck, its a one way valve, it you can blow and suck its bad.
This is the test experts do.

My G3 with under 100k went on auto gas pedal that I had to move it to Neutral. Then the manifold was cleaned and the mechanic had me change the PCV after his mouth test.

It is cheap - yes getting it off the hose is tricky - so I removed from the engine first and then just twist - it break loose - some threads:
https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...pcv-valve.html

RockAuto has it too.

It should be part of the tune up: Air filter, PCV .... anything else to add to the list?

Replacing the hose, need to be careful on the product - there are some poor quality for this purpose.

Last edited by sciconf; 02-19-2019 at 08:50 PM.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:14 PM

Garage
It's about $20 shipped for the PCV valve and all hoses from rockauto or about $40 from the Acura dealership. Assuming everything else is in good repair i wouldn't replace it more than once every 60-80K as part of a regular maintenance regime. Also I think that was a decade long necro...

95 Integra LS - Touge/Time Attack
B18b1
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciconf View Post
This is the test experts do.

My G3 with under 100k went on auto gas pedal that I had to move it to Neutral. Then the manifold was cleaned and the mechanic had me change the PCV after his mouth test.

It is cheap - yes getting it off the hose is tricky - so I removed from the engine first and then just twist - it break loose - some threads:
https://www.team-integra.net/forum/1...pcv-valve.html

RockAuto has it too.

It should be part of the tune up: Air filter, PCV .... anything else to add to the list?

Replacing the hose, need to be careful on the product - there are some poor quality for this purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Yeti View Post
It's about $20 shipped for the PCV valve and all hoses from rockauto or about $40 from the Acura dealership. Assuming everything else is in good repair i wouldn't replace it more than once every 60-80K as part of a regular maintenance regime. Also I think that was a decade long necro...

9 years 6 months 7 days later

About time I can now apply for Historic Tags for my GS/VTEC Automatic and no more SMOG
-------------------
In other news: New edition to the family born on August 21, 2018 @ 3:10am
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:22 PM

230k miles on the original PCV valve. I just spray some carb/choke cleaner through it about once a year. Works like a champ!

Being married is like being on a diet...you're hungry and all you can do is look at the menu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page