Legend/Prelude Brake Upgrade - Page 3 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #29 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 3
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Same here!

I'm gonna go snag a set of Legend calipers and brackets next time I'm at the pick N pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltMan on Jun/05/08
Same here!

I'm gonna go snag a set of Legend calipers and brackets next time I'm at the pick N pull.
I found a set for $43 from the U Pick It in Kansas... and sold them for $170 on Honda-Tech, had I known you were looking I would've sold them to you... for $170. They are extremely hard to find. So good luck with that.

I've been waiting for the perfect time to do this. I have all my parts just no place to do the work. Its sad...

I'll be using a little more of an agressive pad. I"m going with Carbotech Bobcats for front/rear. I'm also using a 1" MC from a 94 Integra w/ABS as well as Russell SS lines.

My fronts are identical to yours. I'm doing the EP3 rear conversion as well, except I'm using stock G3 rear calipers on RSX brackets.
post #31 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc-db1 on Jun/05/08
Quote: MeltMan on Jun/05/08Same here!

I found a set for $43 from the U Pick It in Kansas... and sold them for $170 on Honda-Tech, had I known you were looking I would've sold them to you... for $170. They are extremely hard to find. So good luck with that.

I've been waiting for the perfect time to do this. I have all my parts just no place to do the work. Its sad...

I'll be using a little more of an agressive pad. I"m going with Carbotech Bobcats for front/rear. I'm also using a 1" MC from a 94 Integra w/ABS as well as Russell SS lines.

My fronts are identical to yours. I'm doing the EP3 rear conversion as well, except I'm using stock G3 rear calipers on RSX brackets.
Right, I knew you had them for sale. I may just pick up single piston ones. The braking difference is not tremendous between the two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So you are saying you can use the standard Legend Calipers and Prelude rotors to get the BIG brake upgrade?
post #33 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:23 PM

Ok, so basically the only thing you are doing with the Legend Calipers is giving the rotor more room to fit since the Prelude rotors are larger. Cool.I can do that conversion easier (cheaper) and get it done faster. :-)
post #34 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrape on Jun/05/08
So you are saying you can use the standard Legend Calipers and Prelude rotors to get the BIG brake upgrade?

95-02 Accord V6/Wagon calipers are the same as ITR calipers. I was thinking of going this route.
post #35 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
impressive this sounds like a poor-man's big brake upgrade lol very nice! keep up the good work!
post #36 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 PM

Is it possible to do this swap but the rear brakes?

"Knowledge can not be offered or taught, only desired and saught. "
post #37 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:44 PM

I like pooer mans stuff that still looks good and operates good.
My rotors are burnt or warped, one and I will need to replace them soon anyways, I would rather give myself a little more stopping power.
post #38 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I think it would make sense to make a sticky thread that provides links to the various threads about suspension swaps.

Having an index of the various swaps people have experimented with would be a useful tool for anyone looking for a cheaper/DIY route to suspension upgrades.

Just a thought, sorry if that seemed off-topic but I truly am impressed with people who try these things to see what kind of fabrication/effort is really involved to make it work. I think that your efforts have in turn inspired other people who didn't think they would be capable of executing something like this.

I would do this tomorrow if I had the necessary work space. Props for a sweet f**kin upgrade!!

post #39 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:55 PM

^^^^^agreed^^^^^ I love enginutiy like this
post #40 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joszer on Jun/05/08
Is it possible to do this swap but the rear brakes?
yes but not with these parts. read the thread carefully and you'll find your answers
post #41 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Again, thanks for all the comments guys!

It's been a month now and everything is still working great. I haven't had a chance to get the car to the track yet to really hammer on them but i'm spending all extra cash on finishing up my turbo kit.

I promise i'll get to the track as soon as I can so I can give you an update on how they hold up/perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMInline4 on Jun/05/08
Nice work and info Pig, I just got ahold of the same set up and am debating putting them on due to the fact that it will bump me into stx for autox, but regardless How is the brake feel / pedal effort? does it need to be pressed furthur to get a good feel or does it have good brake pressure right off of the bat (in your opinion)
thanks
-James

I didn't notice any difference in the pedal travel or effort.

Quote: stealthpenguin on Jun/05/08 I think it would make sense to make a sticky thread that provides links to the various threads about suspension swaps.

Having an index of the various swaps people have experimented with would be a useful tool for anyone looking for a cheaper/DIY route to suspension upgrades.

Just a thought, sorry if that seemed off-topic but I truly am impressed with people who try these things to see what kind of fabrication/effort is really involved to make it work. I think that your efforts have in turn inspired other people who didn't think they would be capable of executing something like this.

I would do this tomorrow if I had the necessary work space. Props for a sweet f**kin upgrade!!
Thanks, I've wanted to do this brake upgrade for a long time now but never did because there weren't any write-ups with pictures (i'm more of a visual learner)...so i figured I might as well be the one to do it.

I'm glad this will help other people jump in and do it, it's not as hard as it seems.
post #42 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anybody know a good place to pick up EP3 rear caliper brackets?

Cammed '98 LS-Daily driven absurdity. Gone but never forgotten.
1997 ITR #091-My love.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/166621-legend-prelude-brake-upgrade.html
Posted By For Type Date
2g Prelude brake upgrades - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums This thread Refback 04-01-2011 08:00 AM