Legend/Prelude Brake Upgrade - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wonder if anyone noticed his calipers are on the wrong side ,this is due to the Legend mounting them behind the wheel as opposed to in front of the wheel on the Teg,so you have to swap sides to make the bleeders upright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 PM

Im really curious how you re-drilled the rotors, accurately. I guess you could lay the old rotor on top of it to mark the holes...How'd you do it?

I have a big rotor kit from AEM, and I definitely notice that they hardly fade at all. Bigger calipers would be nice though...someday.

96 Integra (summertime autocross toy) 02 Impreza (daily driver/ice racer) 95 Jetta (backup car/plan b/future enduro car)
post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice work man! Did you have a machine shop drill those rotors out?

As soon as I saw the first picture of you with the electric dremel, I thought to myself, "Wow, this is going to take forever..." Haha! Air tools FTMFW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman on May/16/08
I wonder if anyone noticed his calipers are on the wrong side ,this is due to the Legend mounting them behind the wheel as opposed to in front of the wheel on the Teg,so you have to swap sides to make the bleeders upright.

Yes, thank you, I forgot to mention that.

on the Legend, the calipers are mounted on the firewall side of the hub, Integra calipers mount on the forward end of the hub so you need to install the calipers on the opposite side that they are meant for in order to get the bleeder valve on top, other wise you'll never get the air out.

Quote: vermontdc2sirg on May/16/08 Im really curious how you re-drilled the rotors, accurately. I guess you could lay the old rotor on top of it to mark the holes...How'd you do it?
Pretty much what I did. but instead of only marking the holes I C-clamped the old Integra rotors to the prelude ones and just used the old rotor's lug pattern as pilot holes.

A plus to using Honda Prelude rotors is that why are still the same hub size as the Integra so they are hub centric. That pretty much makes this idiot proof. If you can fit the rotor down the studs, it will center itself on the hub. If they're a little off it wont sit flush with the hub....in that case, just drill the holes a little bigger intill the rotor goes all the way down, it will center itself.

I could have had a machine shop drill them out for $20 but I decided to go to sears and buy the bit for $12. Not just to save money, but because I get to add a new tool to my collection and every car person knows, there is NOsuch thing as too many tools.
post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:36 PM

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
quick question for all the people that did this modification/upgrade.

After doing the Lude/Legend front brake upgrade, could you use the original front Rotors/carrier brackets on the rear? (i hate how small the rear brakes look through my wheels)

and what did you do about the Rotor Shield behind the rotor?

1st Car: 1995 Audi A6 2.8L V6 (Auto) - Totaled 2nd Car: 1998 Acura Integra GS (Auto) - Sold 3rd Car: 1997 Audi A4 1.8t AWD (5spd) - Current
|| Acura Technician ||
post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 AM

man I want to do this... anyone know if these will clear blades or Falken Hanabi's (15 inch)?

Skwatoe is the sig master. 'nuff said.
post #21 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Articles: 8
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
This thread is full of win. Love those brakes. Stealthy and functional....that's the way to do it.

post #22 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:20 AM

This set up will fit under any 15" wheel that I know of.Keep in mind your only moving the caliper outward about 3/4 " so it just takes up some of the HUGE gap that is factory,but adding a huge differance in braking
post #23 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thanks for the comments guys.Like I stated before, they WILL fit under 15" fat fives for sure so i'm ASSuming they will fit most other 15" wheels.I even test fitted the fives off my brother's wrecked GSR just to make sure for myself and they worked.

I'll be posting a functionality update once I get to test this setup at the track.I'm in the process of signing up for the next Porsche or BMW club track day event at the local raceway.
post #24 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekypbmaniac on May/25/08
quick question for all the people that did this modification/upgrade.

After doing the Lude/Legend front brake upgrade, could you use the original front Rotors/carrier brackets on the rear? (i hate how small the rear brakes look through my wheels)

and what did you do about the Rotor Shield behind the rotor?
I highly doubt there's any way to modify the factory front brakes to work on the rear, but there's another option available to you. EP3 Si and base RSX brakes can be swapped onto the rear, I can't remember what size the rotors are but they are a decent amount bigger than our stockers.

Cammed '98 LS-Daily driven absurdity. Gone but never forgotten.
1997 ITR #091-My love.
post #25 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltimaXX on Jun/01/08
I highly doubt there's any way to modify the factory front brakes to work on the rear, but there's another option available to you. EP3 Si and base RSX brakes can be swapped onto the rear, I can't remember what size the rotors are but they are a decent amount bigger than our stockers.

EP3 Si hatch rotors w/ EP3 or DC5 calipers. Bumps up to just over 10", about the same as the stock fronts.

It is indeed a PITA to have to pull the calipers off, flip them upside down, and wedge something between the pads just to bleed them, but ask yourself honestly how often you do that anyway?

Pictorz!

Before:

After:

And here's the (stock) front for comparison:
post #26 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Looks good....I'll be working on a project that a friend started a while back, but never saw it hit the street. Will be working on getting some Acura TL brembo calipers on my car in a few weeks.
post #27 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Nice work and info Pig, I just got ahold of the same set up and am debating putting them on due to the fact that it will bump me into stx for autox, but regardless How is the brake feel / pedal effort? does it need to be pressed furthur to get a good feel or does it have good brake pressure right off of the bat (in your opinion)
thanks
-James

DO IT ONCE .... DO IT RIGHT 94 GSr: Rest In pieces > Just put the B20vtec heart in a EJ ' 95 LS: new build Autox DD
post #28 of 116 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 PM

Sweet upgrade, can't wait todo it myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/166621-legend-prelude-brake-upgrade.html
Posted By For Type Date
2g Prelude brake upgrades - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums This thread Refback 04-01-2011 08:00 AM