Poor man 5 lug swap brake pedal spongy - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Poor man 5 lug swap brake pedal spongy

So I’ve searched and searched and I can’t seem to find the answer I need. I’ve done everything needed to swap everything out. My issue is after bleeding my brakes numerous times, there’s a lot of travel on the brake pedal once I start the car. If it’s off, there’s no travel to the pedal. I’m currently using rsx rear brake calipers and crv front calipers. I did point the rsx caliper upward to bleed it with a 2x4 between the piston and caliper. Literally gone through 3 big bottles of brake fluid and getting frustrated. Hoping someone had the same issue and was able to figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 12:26 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Are you bleeding the caliper completely upside down? I had the same issue you did when I used the RSX-S calipers

It has to be completely upside down for me to bleed my brakes. I have to disconnect the caliper, unbolt brake line brackets to get more slack and bring it nearly to the front of the rear tire well.

I wish I had a pic, but that was how I was able to bleed them. You need the wood, but you might not need it if you use a vacuum bleeder..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page