Join Date: Jul 2006
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Don't bother with these 2" subwoofers, especially if you plan to put them in your doors.
The lightest way to install a subwoofer would be to:
- Find a quality 8"-10" subwoofer
- Find a quality mono subwoofer amp
- Wire the amp under the seat/dashboard to reduce the amount of power cable needed
- Run speaker wires back to the trunk
- Purchase a plastic molded subwoofer enclosure OR fabricate a fiberglass enclosure
- Install and enjoy
Smaller, single subwoofer
+ small amplifier
+ fiberglass/plastic enclosure
+ minimal power cable
= relatively lightweight
You can also find self-contained units like bass tubes, OEM subs from other cars, and generic self-powered subwoofers (like Infinity Basslink) that would fit the bill.