Need Help w/ Turbo Setup - Goal 180-200WHP - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help w/ Turbo Setup - Goal 180-200WHP

Hey y'all,

I've been doing a bit of researching, but just wanted some more clarity/help here in 2019 lol. If you guys can help me, that'd be great. Most of the threads I've read, folks are shooting for 300+, which I don't really care to go for. I mainly just want that extra kick, as well as the fun sounds for my daily.

I currently have a stock 98' GS, just threw on a fresh head gasket/timing belt/etc. Have always wanted to turbo, and finally the window is opening to where I can do it.

My power goal, I want to shoot for 180-200WHP. I know our B18B1's can do more, but I feel like that number is the sweet spot for every day driving, and the occasional heavy foot for a smile.

I'll be using an oil sandwich plate for the feed, as well as a OEM oil pan w/ the bung welded on.

Main questions are -

Turbo size, which one do I get? Tried watching YouTube videos on the compressor housing and all that, I'm still lost lol.

- People at car meets and what not, always tell me, "you're fine with a t3/t4 turbo if you want that power." That's fine and all, but what size? Isn't t3/t4 just the flange size?

- I'm assuming something small for a quick spool will work for my application correct?

- For the feed line to the turbo (depending on turbo), would I need a restrictor fitting? I've read about some folks not running them and blowing their turbo seals out.

-- For wastegate, I'm aiming at a TiAL MV\S or F38, will also do TiAL BOV as well
-- Piping/Intercooler, will be eBay
-- Manifold will be some cast iron from Go-Autoworks or whichever reputable brand falls into my lap (will be removing AC to save from headaches)

Fuel -
- Plan on running a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
- 310cc/370cc injectors fine? Looking at RC Engineering injectors

Engine Management -
- Since my engine is OBD2a, I'll be needing an OBD2 -> OBD1 conversion harness right?

- As for ECU, I believe I can just use a P72 ECU chipped with..., which brings me to-

- Which is the preferred tuning option for my application? Is Crome just fine? Or is the Hondata S300 the coveted one here?

I think that answers all of my questions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by naripsta; 05-24-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:49 AM

Turbo: Get an entry level turbocharger by Precision 4831B MFS (https://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...-4831B-MFS/552)

Don't use an oil restrictor.

Tial BOV and either type of the wastegate you listed would work.

Piping from Ebay will work, but may need some work to make it fit.

Cast iron manifold will work. Get one with the wastegate port between 2nd and 3rd runners: (Go Autoworks Honda / Acura B Series Cast Iron Turbo Manifold)

Walbro 255 will work.

Get 370cc RC Injectors

Correct, you will need OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness.

P28 or P72 chipped

Tune on Crome will be just fine, but Hondata S300 would be my personal preference.

Here is more info you may want to read: https://www.precisionturbo.net/tech/...mendations.pdf

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:00 PM

I’m in the same boat as you right now bud, just with a little higher power goal. I’m interested in what people have to say for this. Keep me updated on your build if you can please!! I also have a question: when using the obd2 to obd1 conversion harness, will I obd2 injectors still work with the ecu?
post #4 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM

It's nuts cause I'm also In the same boat ... I'm getting into a 98 ls. For now I just want to make it run reliable. I want to swap the engine to a b18c, mostly cause the car currently has over 200k miles. My goal is about 200hp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page