Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help w/ Turbo Setup - Goal 180-200WHP
I've been doing a bit of researching, but just wanted some more clarity/help here in 2019 lol. If you guys can help me, that'd be great. Most of the threads I've read, folks are shooting for 300+, which I don't really care to go for. I mainly just want that extra kick, as well as the fun sounds for my daily.
I currently have a stock 98' GS, just threw on a fresh head gasket/timing belt/etc. Have always wanted to turbo, and finally the window is opening to where I can do it.
My power goal, I want to shoot for 180-200WHP. I know our B18B1's can do more, but I feel like that number is the sweet spot for every day driving, and the occasional heavy foot for a smile.
I'll be using an oil sandwich plate for the feed, as well as a OEM oil pan w/ the bung welded on.
Main questions are -
Turbo size, which one do I get? Tried watching YouTube videos on the compressor housing and all that, I'm still lost lol.
- People at car meets and what not, always tell me, "you're fine with a t3/t4 turbo if you want that power." That's fine and all, but what size? Isn't t3/t4 just the flange size?
- I'm assuming something small for a quick spool will work for my application correct?
- For the feed line to the turbo (depending on turbo), would I need a restrictor fitting? I've read about some folks not running them and blowing their turbo seals out.
-- For wastegate, I'm aiming at a TiAL MV\S or F38, will also do TiAL BOV as well
-- Piping/Intercooler, will be eBay
-- Manifold will be some cast iron from Go-Autoworks or whichever reputable brand falls into my lap (will be removing AC to save from headaches)
- Plan on running a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
- 310cc/370cc injectors fine? Looking at RC Engineering injectors
Engine Management -
- Since my engine is OBD2a, I'll be needing an OBD2 -> OBD1 conversion harness right?
- As for ECU, I believe I can just use a P72 ECU chipped with..., which brings me to-
- Which is the preferred tuning option for my application? Is Crome just fine? Or is the Hondata S300 the coveted one here?
I think that answers all of my questions. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by naripsta; 05-24-2019 at 06:21 PM.