Join Date: Aug 2011
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The LSVTEC kit looks complete, and for a good price.
1. You are correct
2. Hence the IM gasket shall also be included
7. I meant ECU chipped for SC
8. LS header (exhaust manifold) will not work with B16 head, hence you would need an oem B16 (2-piece) header. But I agree with phatintegra, it would be best to go with an aftermarket 1-piece header to improve the exhaust flow.
9. B16 exhaust manifold gasket will be needed to install the header
10. I suspect the spark plugs will have to be 1-step colder.
11. 440cc maybe all you need, but the supercharger specs would dictate the size, read the instructions.
12. More air means more fuel will be required. Your OEM fuel pump would likely not be able to accomodate the SC, hence and aftermarket high flow fuel pump will be required.
1. If you worked on engines before such as head gasket replacement, water pump, t-belt etc. I think you should be able to install SC yourself. Watch some youtube videos to make that decision.
2. Goodle what a complete SC kit looks like and compare it to yours. See if the parts you are missing are available for purchase, and if the prices are reasonable.
3. Make sure you get the correct ECU for the SC. If you can't, you will need to dyno the car. Chance of blowing engine up with SC is higher than if the engine is stock. Anything can happen.
Last edited by Built_not_bought; 11-10-2018 at 11:25 AM.