What could be wrong? - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What could be wrong?

Hello, thank you for helping me out. I have a 01 DC2 ITR. So with it having the B18C5 already in it, I though I would turbo it. After going cheap the motor had to be rebuilt. I do not have the car yet. Things took a turn for the weirder with the shipping. The car is currently in North Carolina, as I am in Wisconsin. After spending a "Pretty Penny" on the rebuild. They have sent me my dyno graph. I've only seen the graphs on Youtube, but from what I've seen there is something wrong with how mine looks? This is the first car that I have actually invested so much in. I'm trying not to cut corners but its getting to the point where its a make or break for me right now. I uploaded everything I have done to the beauty as of now. If you could give me any tips tricks or lead me in the right direction that would be much appreciated! I am sorry ahead of time that the pictures if/are blurry! If you have any questions please let me know!

Thank you everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turbo.png
Views:	15
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	79440   Click image for larger version

Name:	clutchpng_Page1.png
Views:	13
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	79442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts1png_Page1.png
Views:	25
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	79444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts2png_Page1.png
Views:	25
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	79446   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynopng_Page1.png
Views:	29
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	79448  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
May I ask what happened to your previous build? The parts list you provided looks decent. I assume you have someone from another state purchase and install the parts for you? If so, my suggestion would be to not go that route in the future for few reasons:
1. If you purchase your own parts you could do a quick research and purchase at a much lower price than what a mechanic would charge, including a mark-up cost.
2. If you find someone locally who would agree to let you watch to learn during the rebuild and turbo install, you would be able to do repairs on your own (eventually). Tools are much cheaper than labor.
Remember, boosted Integra is not a bullet proof, 100% reliable street driver. At least not in my experience. Some builds last longer, some shorter. But all require constunt maintenance and troubleshooting. Its best to not be afraid to try things on your own. Watch youtube and read online DIYs. Eventually you will have enough confidence to perform an engine overhaul on your own - it's not a rocket science.
Boosted Integra is a lot of fun. Few nights ago I beat a supercharged C7 Z06 Corvette by 0.1 seconds. That felt pretty good. Hope it all works out for you. As far as the dyno graph, it looks as if the tuner didn't spend enough time to smooth it out. But the car should still run fine.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 05-18-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page