My ATI pro charged Integra GSR street car - Page 3 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
Yes I know what coils do lol. I also know factory ignition isnt the "best" but certainly not bad enough to spend the $$$ on a stand alone ignition system. If I did upgrade my ignition, I would just a coil bypass and run an external coil anyway.

Other then Crome, which works fine if you know how to get around its bugs, I dont know what other free ones their are. Hondata, Ectune, and Neptune are all great programs that have all of those features you just mentioned through the factory computer, and have a much more friendly user interface.

Im only "arguing" because you've got the parts to support 1000whp in the ignition and EMS, but your on a stock bottom end.
Hondata s100 dont have near half as much as the new AEM V2 ems! maybe the s300 might have a few of the same features. Those are all still chipped soft ware in the stock ecu where this is a fully programable stanalone ems.

Just because my motor is stock now dont mean a motor that can handle high hp wont ever find its way in there someday! and its always good to leave room for growth, thats why im using the AEM twin fire module, if and when i boost over 15psi on a motor the AEM twin fire will be sufficient. And the fact that the ignition system can handle 1000hp on this setup is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
"New Type r head from dealer
New ITR block from dealer
New ITR trans from dealer"

"My last gsr block cost me around $2,000 for a complete rebuild pistons bearings oil water pump gaskets ect. I got my new block for $2,500 complete."

Bought from dealership? The hell? I find this VERY hard to believe. An ITR crank alone (from acuraoemparts, cheaper than dealership) is a grand. I was talking to a dealership out of curiosity awhile ago about buying a new engine and they said it would run up and over 10 grand. Not hating or anything I'm just flustered at the price of this, I feel like if new engines were that cheap Machine shops wouldn't even exist. My rebuild using existing parts and replacing some others is running around $2000 (and trying to stay conservative). To have a new engine for $2500 is mind boggling.
Do a little research you can find em not that hard, back in 2010 lasvegasacura had a few type r heads they discounted on ebay i found, they were $1,575.00 USD total was $1,606.03 shipped.

00 to 01 Acura Integra Type R Cylinder Head $1575.00

I found a few online for a little more but $2,000 is still a great deal. If you order it now from the dealer it will be $2,500+!.

USDM Integra Type R ITR B18C5 VTEC Cylinder Head BRAND NEW

https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/view...idcategory=224

The block you can still get from ebay,

Integra Type-R B18 Engine Short Block NEW | eBay

I got the trans from my hoda-tech.com member irev210 he works at the dealer and got me it for around $1,600 then i sold it and got another one from him for less i think about $1300. All these were brand new straight from the dealer

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-11-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Seems pretty dead on this site in the f.i forums, haven't seen much activity here.
Well i just upgraded my valve train, i installed skunk 2 alpha valve spring and retainers with the cylinder head still on, it was back breaking work. Also upgrade the boost pulley and installed a overdrive crank pulley from a crv so more boost is available. Lost some cash this weak somehow so ill be tuning it sometime next weak.
post #31 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM

I am so jealous of all of this. Simply amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Interesting, thanks for showing info on those prices wunfstgsr.

I checked over my expenses on my build, and comparing the prices I'd still always go the rebuild route. I do see where you are coming from. I can see how easily headaches can happen buying used (finding bad crank/bad clearances/the problems that can come with a backyard build). But its still very pricey. The block comes complete, which is nice - the block for that price I'd actually consider. While I'm nowhere near your cost, there were so many headaches, that and running around. Every time I notice I'm missing another bolt is another bit of running around trying to find one for example.

My GSR rebuild is running around $2650. That includes the price I paid for the block and head. But also includes a bunch of brand newparts (arp bolts/oem valve guides/oem dip stick/oem gaskets/oem bearings (pricey bastards)/tensioner/magnetic drain/thermostat/distrib/sandwich adapter/turbo oil fittings/oem pistons). And on top of that the block and head were worked over well (valve seats/cleaned/resurfacing/overbore/rings/).

Not running yet though... going in within a few weeks. So I guess I can't say for reliability (if it DOES fail it will more than likely be because this is my first build as an amateur)
post #33 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Interesting, thanks for showing info on those prices wunfstgsr.

I checked over my expenses on my build, and comparing the prices I'd still always go the rebuild route. I do see where you are coming from. I can see how easily headaches can happen buying used (finding bad crank/bad clearances/the problems that can come with a backyard build). But its still very pricey. The block comes complete, which is nice - the block for that price I'd actually consider. While I'm nowhere near your cost, there were so many headaches, that and running around. Every time I notice I'm missing another bolt is another bit of running around trying to find one for example.

My GSR rebuild is running around $2650. That includes the price I paid for the block and head. But also includes a bunch of brand newparts (arp bolts/oem valve guides/oem dip stick/oem gaskets/oem bearings (pricey bastards)/tensioner/magnetic drain/thermostat/distrib/sandwich adapter/turbo oil fittings/oem pistons). And on top of that the block and head were worked over well (valve seats/cleaned/resurfacing/overbore/rings/).

Not running yet though... going in within a few weeks. So I guess I can't say for reliability (if it DOES fail it will more than likely be because this is my first build as an amateur)
Your welcome! Just take your time dont rush it at all. I built my first b series when i was 23. Have the machine shop assemble the block complete and the rest is easy, assembling the head and all the components is pretty straight foward if you do enough research on the procedure. Theres many vids and how to's on assembling the motor to help.
post #34 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TeggyAllDay View Post
I am so jealous of all of this. Simply amazing.
Thank you! hopefully ill have good vids of the dyno and some street runs for people to see how this car is. I walked a dodge srt-4 on the freeway then a sti saw and came and i walked him like nothing, shifting at 7-8k on a 3rd gear pull, still on the last base map tune. Hopefully the new tune will wake the motor up to its full potential and ill take it to full boost. I glanced at my boost gauge and saw around 8-9 psi at 7-8k rpm i guess im at around 10-11 psi at redline at wot.
post #35 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunfstgsr View Post
Your welcome! Just take your time dont rush it at all. I built my first b series when i was 23. Have the machine shop assemble the block complete and the rest is easy, assembling the head and all the components is pretty straight foward if you do enough research on the procedure. Theres many vids and how to's on assembling the motor to help.
Thanks, I did the assembly myself. Engine is just waiting to be swapped over :P
post #36 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Totally awesome man!! I've looking for a used procharger setup forever!! Never can find one tho FML

NA!!! Still the Best!! ^_^
post #37 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg177 View Post
Totally awesome man!! I've looking for a used procharger setup forever!! Never can find one tho FML
Yea man i search for months and passed on many kits like the comptech, vortech and came across this and never heard of it and it was like everything i wanted, It utilized a intercooler like i wanted and It could use a bov and it sounds 100 times better than my old JRSC setup, It has a higher psi output and blows much cooler air. I love this kit!
post #38 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Any updates on this beast? Did you ever get off the base map tune and get fully tuned?
post #39 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin96LS View Post
Any updates on this beast? Did you ever get off the base map tune and get fully tuned?
Yes well i just upgraded my valve train, i installed skunk 2 alpha valve spring and retainers with the cylinder head still on!, it was back breaking work. Also upgrade the boost pulley and installed a overdrive crank pulley from a crv so more boost is available. Lots of low and mid range has been freed up.
I also started to get mass compressor surge from the upgraded boost pulleys. So i had to disable the s.c and save up for a Pro Charger "big red" race surge valve. I recently got it in and welded up to my charge piping right after the blower so now theres no more compressor surge and the motor feels much more crisp and gets into boost much better. The sound is awesome!! sounds like a big water fall under my hood untill i get into boost, The bov sound is sweet!

I installed the big red surge valve right where the small piece of charge pipe is going in to the intercooler in the pic above.

I just set the dyno for this tues so hopefully ill have it done by next weak. The motor should see somewhere around 300 whp so ill see how close my guess is. The motor feels much more crisp and is very fun to drive.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 12-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.
post #40 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 05:12 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
are you tuning with darden @ dyno tech??? I off tuesday Ill cruz by what time are you tuning?
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Looking great man ! Keep up the good work !
post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg177 View Post
are you tuning with darden @ dyno tech??? I off tuesday Ill cruz by what time are you tuning?
Sometime in the morning not sure i have to check back with him monday, feel free to come by, they will be installing the ignition system and fail safe gauge so it will take a while so i will prolly need to go earlie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page