BuiltNoTboughTdc2 - 2019 HondaFest - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just the pipes and flanges that he ruined cost me over $300. I cut them up to salvage whatever I could. Just borrowed some money so I can hire this other guy. He showed me some of his work and the welds look decent. I'm pretty confident he will get the job done.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So much for brand new exhaust..
Wonder what was on his mind after laying down those welds

Lots of progress being made though, keep it up!
Built_not_bought likes this.
post #17 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_not_bought View Post
There are only a few people that I know of, who thought this project was worth the time and money. Having such low rate of approval from the community was tough. I even learned to keep the progress to myself, as no feedback was better than criticism. Thats why I appreciate your support and glad that you find it interesting!
In the end it is only your own opinion that matters. I enjoy reading and learning from your thread and look forward for more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Just picked-up my new downpipe. I did the fabrication, he just welded it for me. Looks great. Can't wait to install it. In a mean time, I decided to get started on another project. Want to remove the door moldings.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 10:51 PM.
post #19 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM

Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm glad you finally got what you wanted. Is amazing that with all the trouble you've face, you still kept going! That's dedication and map props for ya~! You give me inspiration to finish up my turbo project! I'm kind of in the same boat as well, been purchasing parts over the year, and I'm getting close to piece it up together too.

Once again very nice!

[b]- WTB G2 hood cable, G3 billet ps, alt, & ac pulley - My running log - My FS thread: NGK, Hub ring, G2 Neuspeed 4pts, etc.
post #20 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

It sure reduced my motivation, but was no surprise to me. There are many dishonest people out there. Just a few months earlier I became a victim of another scam. The place is called "Firestone", a tire shop. I brought my car for the inspection only. Had a squeaky noise in my front left wheel. A representative took possession of my car asked me to come back in a few hours. Upon my return he told me the problem was fixed and demanded $535 for the parts and labor. I reminded him that all I asked for was to have it inspected, since I was planning to do the work myself. In response, he said I have only 48 hours to pay the bill or else he will start charging me for storage. I borrowed money and got the car back the next day. To my surprise the noise was still there. I walked back in the store and told him about it. He looked me in the eye with a smile and said " Oh yeah? No problem, just give me the keys and we will take care of it for you in no time".

I just walked away...

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 03-23-2017 at 07:38 PM.
post #21 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Articles: 11
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I wish there is a +1 or Like button.

+1, cheers!
post #22 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Just saw ad on Craigslist. A person asking help locating his stolen Integra. It reminded me of my previous '98 GSR that was also stolen and stripped to bare metal. The cop who made the report questioned me as if I stole it myself, though all I carried was a liability insurance. My Integra was found sitting on bricks on a side of a road 2 days later. At first I didn't recognize it when I came to the towing yard. It wasn't until I found my pictures inside the car is how I knew the car was mine. It only had 38K miles on it. To my surprise thieves left a tool behind. I carefully placed it in a plastic bag and brought it to the police department. The cop that I talked to, took the bag from me and began tossing it in her hands as if she wanted to make temper with the evidence. I asked her what she was doing. Her response left me speechless: "Are you worried that I'll remove finger prints? Don't worry, there are no finger prints on it." She never asked me for my name or the case number. I never heard back regarding the case. Took a long time to recover from this financial loss considering I was getting paid minimum wage.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 11:06 PM.
post #23 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good read. Its nice to see that you are trudging through with all the stuff and not scared to make any mistakes. I'd hate to have to do my own body work on my car but I'd know that in the end, any experience would have been worth it.

Also:

Looks like this pipe caught an STD or something. horrible.
post #24 of 221 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Want to hear another sad story? I sold Integra shell for $2.2K (a $10,000 loss). My mom loaned me another $3K and I purchased '92 Honda Prelude just to get around. One of the headlights had a water damage which I replaced. Next day, following the replacement, the engine caught on fire while my ex was driving it home. By the time fire department arrived, the hole front end of the car was on fire. Apparently, I forgot to put the bulb back into the new headlight. It was left hanging by its wire. So when the headlights were turned on, the bulb began melting the plastic that it was leaning against. I don't know what I was thinking that day, when I tried starting it after the fire was put away. Didn't realize that the timing belt melted. The engine turned. Not sure if its a zero clearance engine or not. If it is, I likely bent the valves. I ended-up repainting the engine bay (with the engine still in). Removed all burnt components. Turned-out very well actually. You could no longer tell there was a fire damage, but it was missing front bumper, fender, hood, headlight etc. I didn't do any work on the engine, so it wasn't running. As is, I traded it for a '95 Integra, with $3,600 cash on top.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 11:20 PM.
post #25 of 221 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Was cleaning my backyard the other day. This rear quarter panel was part of my ex's Integra. She was rear-ended and the shop who repaired the damage simply cut the car in half and welded a rear end from a donor GSR. Me and my friend cut the donor Integra in half, right behind the front seats. The donor car was a perfectly running GSR. I felt guilty having to cut it, but the seller said he couldn't register it and had to part it out. The repair shop then cut-out the undamaged quarter and gave it to me.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 11:34 PM.
post #26 of 221 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how badass did you feel cutting a car in half

-b
post #27 of 221 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Although we drained the tank, I was still worried it would explode when my friend was cutting through the fuel lines.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 11:35 PM.
post #28 of 221 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Major work is underway, the neighbor says Im wasting my time:

Found a mouse nest behind the plastic panel. This little bastard was steeling my dog's food as I could see it stacked everywhere.

I think I know how he got there- a vent on a driver side behind rear bumper cover. Put a bunch of steel rods to block it.

The I realized that I trapped it inside. Hope there is enough food left (that I didn't find) as it needs to stay alive until I capture it. I installed mouse traps all over the car.

Last edited by Built_not_bought; 04-20-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page