Team Integra Forums banner

B20 to LS tuning solutions

22K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  leclue19 
#1 ·
Hola TI! Swapping a B20 into my obd0 integra with fuel management questions. I've been getting a lot of "use the stock ls ecu, .2 liters more won't hurt anything" or "get a tune".

Anyone have any personal solutions on the b20? (It willl be all motor... and non vtec :D )

I've been thinking about using a fpr and guage and adjusting accordingly... or going a step further and going chipped obd1 with b20 basemap (by Phearable) with a wideband to varify basemap accuracy and maybe adjusting with fpr. Overkill? Yeah, but I need it to take some autox abuse... just trying to keep it safe :)

Feedback?

#3 ·
i know for a fact (ive had multiple friends run b20s, and read a dozen or more threads w b20s) that the ls ecu will run perfectly fine on the b20, the stock tunes are naturally rich, so the .2l does not affect the tune negatively at all, i also say this as someone having just purchased a b20 block, though my build will require alot of tuning so a chipped ecu is what im using, if you really really worry about it and want to be tuned, go for it, youll gain some power at the expense of an ecu, a socket, a chip and the cost of a tune

#5 ·
Good info!! Now my question here, is the mapping different between the PR4 and the P75? Would the versatility be the same for the B20?

Id love to keep stock obd0, because... I already have it! But I just want it to be safe. Sounds like the PR4 would be safer than a basemapped chipped ecu. Maybe just stock PR4 with a fpr? Ultimately I want the power advantage over the ls and for it to take a beating safely. The "hidden" power from a tune isn't a main concern of mine at this point.

#4 ·
He is asking about tuning, is not really "tuning" if he just throw in a stock b18 ECU or some random b20 basemap... if you are seriously going to tune it, then get something decent and tune it. Honestly, I've been playing with my stock B18B with 550cc injector, and i got 8.5L/100km easy even when i floor that **** occasionally (just as good mpg as my Honda Fit!! granted, my automatic Fit's mpg is ****... T_T), it pulls all the way to redline smoothly.

#6 ·
ill be honest im not sure of the difference in the ecus themselves, but the limited knowledge i have would tell me to run the obd0 ecu/whatever ls ecu is easiest to fit into your car, because my understanding of the ls motors is that there is very little difference in the ecus that go w them, someone with more ecu knowledge can surely help you though, worst to worst, get that ecu chipped and get a basemap, but i think youre fine w that ls ecu

Reactions: ex-jeeper
#7 ·
Doesn't really matter if you get a real EMS, just load a stock map (whether it is b18b or b20, just don't load a p72 map because the timing table is not ideal for non-vtec motor) then just play with the fuel table. The point of getting an EMS is not just to load a map, is to tune it, so either way, you need to tune it.

I believe you could convert your obd0 to odb1 fairly easily if you want... so all of your wiring in the engine bay should stay the same.

#8 ·
Yeah obd1 conversion would pretty much be a jumper harness, obd1 dizzy, and P75 ecu.

I'm honestly not too familiar with many tuning shops in my area so if I could stay obd0 and adjust fuel via fpr on the ls ecu, that would be nice. I just don't know enough about tuning or datalogging myself... plus I've come to understand that's more pricey than having someone tune it for you. ...I dunno, I'm too behind on the times!

#10 ·
if your b20 has stock internals, it's not cost effective to pay for a TUNE.

Thefore, it's not cost effective to pay to convert to OBD1
Cost is going to be $80 for used dist, $70 for ebay jumper harness, $10 to junkyard to cut off obd1 engine harness dist plugs, $70 for new 4wire o2, $60 for P06 + $30-50 to have someone chip it for you.

it does up up costy a good amount.

Think about this, you won't see a b20 blow up due to running on stock LS fuel maps.
Sure you make a few ponies if it was tuned but you have to decide what your willing to except for "cost efficeny" for your car.

Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.