Team Integra Forums banner

What Size tire and Offset???

8K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  strategist102 
#1 ·
I currently am running a 16X7 on my integra. I have always had rubbing issues with them, so i had a set of 205/45's put on. They work fine, but i would like to go to a 215 size tire. What size tire do you think I should use?
Also, I am thinking of replacing the rims in the not so
close future. I want to run a Stoptech big brake kit, and i know they require a 17" wheel. What offset would be best for the integra?

#2 ·
I just got my new rims put on, Buddy Club P1 Racing SF. They're 17x7 42+ Tires are 215/40/17 No rubbing so far, but i do have about a finger gap in there.

If you're slammed then 215's will rub, no question, but if you have some gap in there then you should be fine.

Can't help you with the brake kit though. I really want that kit myself, but it's ****ing expensive, $1500, and thats only the front. They don't even make one for the rear.

#4 ·
i don't think you'll have a problem, maybe at full lock, but nothing more. Are your springs stiff, what are the rates, mine are 13k front and 12k in the back, so i have about zero bocy roll, if your springs are softer then you might rub if you take a sharp high speed turn.

#7 ·
first question..why would you want to go with 215? That's a pretty wide tire on the integra and realy offers no major performance advantages.

The street setup, I run 205/40/17 Enkei Bortexs with a 40mm offset. They are accompanied by KSport fullcoilver setup on 13k/7k spring rates. The car is about 1 finger in the front and zero finger gap in the back. I have no rub, even at hard cornering speeds.
For the track, same setup, except I run Motegi MR12 on 205/50/15 with a 38mm offset. Again, no rub.

Consider the ride quality you want as well. If I were to do it again, I think I'd roll a 16" rim on 205/45/16 with a 40mm offset. In my opinion, that offers the best compromised between looks and performance. 17's just ride very rough because you have so much less "tire" to cushion the road. Make sense?

#8 ·
That makes complete sense. the only issue i am having right now is ride quality. Everytime i hit a bump it jars every bone in my body. I was thinking that the wider tire would give the sidewall of the tire a little more cushion. Does that make sense, or i am just talking out of my @$$?

#12 ·
ok if you are rubbing its most definitely going to be on the inside. I wouldnt go and buy a new set of wheels because of this. raise your car up and see on the inside of the wheel well if there are any signs of rubbage, you'll be able to see it,, it'll look like a really shiny color and when you tough where it was rubbing it'll be really smooth... its hard to explain... you're definitely not rubbing from the top because i'm slammed about 1 - 1.5 inches lower than you and i dont rub up top.
If you're rubbing on the inside it's probably not by much, i recommend maybe buying some spacers and installing them on all 4 wheels, space it barely just enough so you don't rub anymore but also in a way that it won't be noticeable to the eye.. it'll save you from having to buy a new set of wheels and it'll look the same if you get some thin ones and you shouldnt be rubbing any more assuming the rubbage is on the inside... i hope this helps a bit man... nice car too

#13 ·
thanks bubsie007, i thinks it's on the inside, because i don't think the tires can touch the fender when doing 5 mph and turning. I'll probably get some spacers real soon, either 3mm or 5mm.

Buying a new set of wheels is not an option, i just spent $2500 on suspension and wheels/tires. Thats including installation, mounting, alignment and all that. So i'm definatly not spending money on her for a while. At least untill i get my new brakes on, got my slotted rotora rotors today, waiting on axxis ultimates to arrive. Then my wallet can take a brak for a while.

#14 ·
I don't think you'll see a significant improvement in cornering ability with a 215 vs 205. In fact, your wet traction will go down.

Remember that the aspect ratio is the ratio of tread width to sidewall height -- so moving to a lower aspect ratio with a 215 width would be necessary (i.e. 205/45R16 --> 215/40R16 or whatever).

#17 ·
skylinemyth on Feb/14/07 said:
Would there be rubbing, if I were to run a 17x7.5 rim with a +42 offset?
i was running a 16x7.5 +42 offset with 205s for a little while and i was having some rub in corners. it was a very "light" rubbing though. i have about a 1/2 finger gap in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.