Honda Says New Civic Type R Will be its Greatest Performance Car Ever - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by justYncredible View Post
I haven't read this particular article but Honda needs to bring back the Integra
On a podcast I listen to (Hooniverse) They had a Honda engineer on as a guest. He said the biggest mistake that Honda did was get rid of the RSX. Instead we ended up with RDX, which was a very ugly and unpopular CUV with a turbo 2.0. He said that should have been the next RSX and ILX variants but the bean counters got in the way of everything that was fun. That the heads at Honda were trying to hard to become Toyota

"When life throws you a curve, downshift and take it hard"
https://www.team-integra.net/forum/20...ld-update.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 02:58 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I completely get where the leaders at Honda are going for, and them trying to follow Toyota isn't a bad business plan. It sucks being on the buyers side and having nothing new to replace the Teg with.

I bet the new civic will be pretty close to NSX numbers. I also think it will be hated and far too expensive for the demographic that loves the civic. We want a barebones econobox with the option to throw a better engine in! K.I.S.S.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I haven't read this particular article but Honda needs to bring back the Integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rjdm View Post
And the Prelude, that car was such a test-bed for Honda.
DO....NOT.....WANT!!!!

Do you see this abomination that Honda has created? I cannot believe the words coming out of your mouths right now.

Bring back the prelude??? Bring back the thing we all know and love, the Integra? Into what???

Do you want something like this to become an integra? In a time where Honda has forgotten its racing glory and history.

Leave the damn integra alone. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Strider7slvrGSR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 03:25 PM

Garage
NHSTA Would never allow these things to happen anyway. light weight, low-slung cars of the past are well, the past. Look how big civics are. Look at what an obmination the CRZ was. And as a CRX owner, hearing that car being reffered as a "new replacement" to the CRX was disturbing to say the least. Look at the american pony cars at how high the metal hast to come up on the doors to meet the side windows. There may be 11" of a window to even roll down. Most designs are so regulated by government standards that the little fun cars are going to be few and far between.

Unless it's a Lotus.
Strider7slvrGSR and drmix like this.

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5X
2005 Subaru WRB STi
2000 Integra Type R #685
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 03:57 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rjdm View Post
NHSTA Would never allow these things to happen anyway. light weight, low-slung cars of the past are well, the past. Look how big civics are. Look at what an obmination the CRZ was. And as a CRX owner, hearing that car being reffered as a "new replacement" to the CRX was disturbing to say the least. Look at the american pony cars at how high the metal hast to come up on the doors to meet the side windows. There may be 11" of a window to even roll down. Most designs are so regulated by government standards that the little fun cars are going to be few and far between.

Unless it's a Lotus.
And Lotus is done in the US now too since their government exception just expired
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooR View Post
DO....NOT.....WANT!!!!

Do you see this abomination that Honda has created? I cannot believe the words coming out of your mouths right now.

Bring back the prelude??? Bring back the thing we all know and love, the Integra? Into what???

Do you want something like this to become an integra? In a time where Honda has forgotten its racing glory and history.

Leave the damn integra alone. Is nothing sacred anymore?
That's what I've been saying for awhile now. I would not want the current people in charge making an Integra. Maybe if they get themselves turned back around but I don't see that any time soon.
Strider7slvrGSR likes this.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 04:42 PM

I wouldn't mind a new RSX. The design language at Acura is finally coming around and looks fantastic. The TLX and RLX have great tech and awesome looks. Put all that into a small coupe with a 2.0T and 4 wheel steer (for you Prelude lovers) and I feel you have a winner. Make it based off the ILX (Civic) chassis so cost stay low and can share parts.
bcaine likes this.

"When life throws you a curve, downshift and take it hard"
https://www.team-integra.net/forum/20...ld-update.html
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:

I highly doubt that they would bring the integra back, too many options and other things that are mandated to be included in current vehicles. So even if they would bring it back it would not be the same car we have come to love and they cant just make more integra's like the way it was made before. That back end does not look that great but i am sure it was designed to perform function over form there.

Don't care what anybody else thinks, do what you want to it( just don't overkill)
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 PM
The Enforcer!

Articles: 2
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justYncredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50psiboostintegra View Post
I highly doubt that they would bring the integra back, too many options and other things that are mandated to be included in current vehicles. So even if they would bring it back it would not be the same car we have come to love and they cant just make more integra's like the way it was made before. That back end does not look that great but i am sure it was designed to perform function over form there.
i agree with you but acura did have a poll on there facebook a few years back on which car we would like to see come back. the integra was light years ahead of the other vehicles. i guess its just wishful thinking. the funny thing is or question is:

would anyone here buy a new integra if it was to rerelease?

join my clubs
N.F.C = No Foglights Club
N.A.T.O = No Altezza Taillights Organization
wu's turbo build
460.79whp 311.92tq @ 18lbs (new tune)
(old tune) 1/4 mile = 13.36 @10lbs @120mph (on all seaon tires, 2-3yrs of age)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarksb18 View Post
Jr, I have never seen justyncredible be gentle with a thread like this and I understand why.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
It would be nice to see them around but honestly i wouldnt. New cars have too many sensors, wiring, weight and just too much everything. It wouldnt be anything like the simple easy to work on integra's that we love.
macura2001 likes this.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
How many DC2 owners want to buy a RSX?

I would definitely keep an open mind about it till I was able to actually drive the "new Integra". But I wasn't impressed with the DC5 and still have no inclination to purchase one. The new car bulk showed dramatically in the RSX.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 PM
JDR

i like it i think its turbo why not
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:29 AM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ew. That's all I have to say. Lol.

1999 Adriatic Blue Pearl DB8
1995 Frost White DC4 SE - 2006-2014
1990 Rio Red DA9 RS - 2002-2006
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 01:36 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakercloud View Post
How many DC2 owners want to buy a RSX?

I would definitely keep an open mind about it till I was able to actually drive the "new Integra". But I wasn't impressed with the DC5 and still have no inclination to purchase one. The new car bulk showed dramatically in the RSX.
Dealing with a few of the 7th gen civic issues, i rather just skip that generation of cars and get an 8th gen si coupe/sedan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page