Power limit issue on 2000 GS - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power limit issue on 2000 GS

Been having this issue for about a year now, desperate for any help or suggestions.

Background: Bought the car with a crack in the exhaust, got it welded along with a few other fixes unrelated to powertrain (engine mounts, might make a difference not sure). The car was given back to me with a huge lack of power, I asked the guy and he said thats just how it is because of pressure (I was thinking BS). Took it to a couple other places for opinions, most seemed to say too much back pressure, I changed the catalytic converter, changed the muffler, opened it to see if there was any clogging but no luck the problem persisted. I have changed my fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body (as best I can), pulled out injectors and cleaned those too.

Problem specifics: It's a strange lack of power in the sense that if I sit in neutral and put my foot down (after having let it warm up) it will limit and 4.5-5k rpm and sound like its gargling. If I lift my foot up just a bit and give it 50% throttle, it will go up the rev range. This translates to the road but of course the engine is not super powerful so I have huge limitations, on highways in 5th especially. Anything more than roughly 50% throttle, it makes this gargling sound and it will just not climb in rpm, if I lift my foot up a bit it will go up as much as it can given the amount of throttle I can give. I know this is a strange concept to grasp but that's the way it is and its driving me crazy.

I have a CEL P1457, which is some kind of leak in my fuel system or something wrong with the EVAP system.

Any and all suggestions are extremely appreciated and welcome, if there's any more background that you may need, feel free to ask me anything I will reply as quick as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I suggest you fix the CEL P1457 as it may be the cause of your issues. It sounds to me like the car is in limp mode because ECU is registers some type of mulfunction.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page