Short ram - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Short ram

Hi im am thinking about buying a short ram intake since im on a low budget and want suggestions on which brand i should buy and from where or which website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy2010 View Post
Hi im am thinking about buying a short ram intake since im on a low budget and want suggestions on which brand i should buy and from where or which website.
Sup bro! I got a nice DC short ram on amazon for 70 bucks Sounds mean and runs nice..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TKRZ7Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Theres one left so get it while you can!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 PM

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Short ram is a waste of money, especially if you're on a budget. DIY icebox FTS: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/19...style-cai.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:51 PM

If you are set on a short ram, budget wise your best move might be velocity stack with filter to smooth out the incoming air and a 3" generic intake pipe, its just a pipe does not make much of a difference. The ice box setup may be very good , never had an air box when I was normally aspirated but I ran cool air ducts from under the car to the short ram filter and it made some difference so the box should help alot

Don't care what anybody else thinks, do what you want to it( just don't overkill)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 09:46 AM

I got a Carbon Fiber SRI from PWJDM last week for my '97 LS, they retail around $220 got mine for $180 i think. so far it's been nice, gave my LS some balls. bit of a power difference also. i can cruise at 80 in fourth @ 4.7-5k , before i installed it id be redlining lol . only been in the game for about a month but i recommend it. not exactly sure what your budget is like. no low end gains but mid to high end for sure.

Last edited by Alfredg94; 12-10-2015 at 10:08 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballrox10 View Post
Short ram is a waste of money, especially if you're on a budget. DIY icebox FTS: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/19...style-cai.html
That ice box seems to be popular...

Has anyone done dyno runs with this installed?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
You're not going to get big gains from any intake...choose one with a 3" pipe and high flow filter and move onto something bigger.

2012 Mitsubishi Evolution X - 355 awhp / 350 awtq. Stock Turbo
2015 Lexus NX200T - Wife's Daily
2004 Honda Accord EX-L - Daily
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:06 AM

if you're looking for gains, CAI is the way to go but honestly like Justin said, You aren't going to get noticeable gains from it, and im not a fan of Hydro-locking (But Icebox supposedly does.t have that problem) . My SRI from PWJDM sounds really nice and allows the car to breath better maybe minimal gains. but even a CAI is going to give you minimal gains. i just had $200 to bull shit with and like the look of the carbon fiber (even though others dont like the style of it lol)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page